Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Xterminator vs. FishSandwich! A PvP style Youtube series

Post by FishSandwich »

2vs2 Series Here

Series Started
My Playlist
Xterminator's Playlist

Based on my idea posted here, myself and Xterminator have started recording videos for a PvP style Youtube series, with biters/spitters/spawners/worms modded in as craftable items. The first video of the series will be released tomorrow(19th Jan) at 4pm MST / 11pm GMT, and further videos will be released daily at the same times(except Sunday). Obviously because it is a PvP series, we couldn't do any kind of dual commentary, so videos will be released at the same time on our own respective channel, from our own perspective with our own commentary only.

The goal of this series is to completely destroy the other player's base. :D

Basics/rules of the series:
We are on different teams, so it is true PvP gameplay(we can shoot eachother, shoot eachother's base buildings etc)
We're recording 1 hour long sessions then splitting them into 20 minute episodes, so most videos won't have the usual intro/outro.
Map settings are set to default apart from enemies which are set to none. Vanilla game apart from the modded craftable biters.
We both moved away from the start area and found ourselves another area we were happy with, with all of the basic resources. Xterminator went left while I went right.
We gave ourselves a 30-minute grace period where we couldn't mess with eachother. After we could do anything including attacking, stealing eachothers resources etc.
Minimap is off by default, but the normal map can be used.
If a player dies, they're given a few minutes grace period so they have time to move from the default start area back to their base;
Base attacks can happen in this time, but only if the attacks were happening when the player died.

Myself and Xterminator have already recorded a couple hours of this series, and there are definitely some new/interesting aspects here.
We're looking forward to recording more and seeing what this series can become. :D

The PvP MOD is here if interested.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Xterminator vs. FishSandwich! A PvP style Youtube series

Post by sillyfly »

This sounds very interesting!

Are there biters? Are they their own team?
Also - are your maps shared or not?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

sillyfly wrote:Are there biters? Are they their own team?
As I said, biters are turned off. So there'll be no biters on this map apart from the ones we craft and spawn ourselves. :D
sillyfly wrote:Also - are your maps shared or not?
If you mean are we on the same map, then yes. We're about a 30 second walk away from eachother.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Oops, don't know how I missed the part about biters being turned off :(

And no, I got you are on the same map, what I meant was - can you see a part the other player revealed? If one of you builds a radar, does it provide consistent visibility for both of you, or only the one who built it?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

sillyfly wrote:And no, I got you are on the same map, what I meant was - can you see a part the other player revealed? If one of you builds a radar, does it provide consistent visibility for both of you, or only the one who built it?
Ah, I see what you mean. Unfortunately yes, we can see each other on the map and see what the other person reveals, that's one of the reasons we have the minimap off by default. We haven't tested it, but I'm guessing it'd be the same for the radar.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

I guess this means you will have to have some discipline so as to not use it as illegal spying :)

Looking forward to see what you guys make of this series. May the best Factorian win :)

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

I am very excited to he part of this series, and we are having a ton of fun already! :D As Fish said, there are definitely some new aspects to this type of play and we have already had a few interesting encounters. :p

I hope you all will enjoy the play through as much as we are.

Also, in regards to the map and such... I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure we can actually see each other's movements in real time by looking at the map, even without radar. That is a bit unfortunate, but not that big of a deal. :)

Can't wait till Monday when the first episodes will be out to see all your feedback!
Image Image Image

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

sillyfly wrote:I guess this means you will have to have some discipline so as to not use it as illegal spying :)
Haha yeah, realistically though the amount of information we can gather from the map is extremely limited. We can pretty much use it only to see where the other person is.
sillyfly wrote:May the best Factorian win
I'll win, don't worry. ;D

Reinard-kun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Reinard-kun »

This idea is truly amazing, can't wait to see the first episode! If only multiplayer wouldn't 've been so buggy, you could've teamed up with some other youtubers for a 2v2 battle. Also I think it's possible to create a special map with pre-built bases for such things. Short rounds and permadeath aka TDM, survival racing (!?), DM, CTF. Limitless possibilities...
Rational thinking is awesome, except if you're dealing with women.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Reinard-kun wrote:If only multiplayer wouldn't 've been so buggy, you could've teamed up with some other youtubers for a 2v2 battle.
I don't see why we couldn't do a 2v2 battle. We actually already have plans for that depending on how successful this series is.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Yeah 2v2 would be quite fun I think! Even more strategies and such would arise from that. If this series works out, I think we probably will do 2v2. :D
Image Image Image

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gandalf »

PvP Team battles sounds awesome! I'd really love to do that myself at some point. Hope this makes it into the vanilla game at some point.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

First episode is up! Enjoy!

My perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INhFHKAVvIE

Xterminator's perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raBoK87S09U

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

Questions: do biters attack you're non-military infrastructure?

can you use each others power network?

how do gates respond to enemy players and allied biters?

and "enemy" biters for the game.enemy player i guess...

EDIT: also, do you know the vids aren't the same length?

EDIT2: perchance we could get this (i know i said i didn't want it... but... my plan isn't going to work...)
(if you don't want it out, i'll just reverse engineer it and fail a lab or two, so don't worry to badly)

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!

cathril
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cathril »

I think fish is going to lose this match up, or he has to pick up the pace quit a bit in the upcomming video's otherwise it will be a quick match :P

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

LordFedora wrote:<snip>
Can't answer most of the questions, because we haven't experimented that much.

do biters attack you're non-military infrastructure?
Unfortunately not, they'll only attacks worms, turrets, spawners, and the player(that we've seen so far). That was a little disappointing to me but it does make things more interesting, it means biters are essentially cannon fodder while the player is the main attack force(and with a fully upgraded combat shotgun that's all I'd need :lol: )

also, do you know the vids aren't the same length?
I noticed. :P It's only a few minutes either way so it doesn't matter(imo), every 3 episodes still makes up 1hr of gameplay.

perchance we could get this?
The mod isn't spectacular so I didn't really have any plans on releasing it.
-root wrote:REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!
Ha nice, I didn't even realise that, I used to watch that series religiously.
cathril wrote:I think fish is going to lose this match up, or he has to pick up the pace quit a bit in the upcomming video's otherwise it will be a quick match
We shall see.. :twisted:

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

I tried to wach synchronised videos of both of you basing on chat events and I must say that this was cool experience. :D
Keep going, guys! That's awesome!

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

It would be nice if there was an event that we could use to sync up the vids

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

LordFedora wrote:Questions: do biters attack you're non-military infrastructure?

can you use each others power network?

how do gates respond to enemy players and allied biters?

and "enemy" biters for the game.enemy player i guess...

EDIT: also, do you know the vids aren't the same length?
As Fish said, we don't know the answer to most of these, as we have not tested them. Very good questions though. I would be quite interested to see if we could use each other's power networks, but I doubt it.
- Unfortunately biters do not attack non-military structures, which is unfortunate, but not much we can do about it. So players will in fact be the main damage source, especially late game. :D
- Yup sense we aren't doing a dual comm, and because I did an intro/outro for each of my videos and Fish didn't, they are different lengths, but as Fish mentioned, each set of 3 videos will end up being an hour total.
-root wrote:REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!REDVBLUE!
Ahaha yup pretty much. :D
cathril wrote:I think fish is going to lose this match up, or he has to pick up the pace quit a bit in the upcomming video's otherwise it will be a quick match :P
Of course I have to agree with you. :p To be honest I'm not sure how even we are or not right now (now meaning at the end of episode 6), as I didn't get a good look at his base, and I don't think he has seen all of mine.
We shall see though.. I have a few special surprises planned for him. ;)
hitzu wrote:I tried to wach synchronised videos of both of you basing on chat events and I must say that this was cool experience. :D
Keep going, guys! That's awesome!
Haha nice, I bet that would be a fun experience, I might try that tonight on episode 2 of each of our videos. :D Glad you enjoy it so much, we are having a ton of fun ourselves, and hopefully it doesn't end any time soon!
Image Image Image

Return to “Videos”