Factorio - Guide for Dummies - Automatic Coal burner miners

Post about Let's plays and streams.
rufflezau
Inserter
Inserter

Factorio - Guide for Dummies - Automatic Coal burner miners

Post by rufflezau »

I have just made a new video, let me know your thoughts XD, this time with voice over (picking up a perception 120 USB mic next week)

Guide for Dummies - Automatic Coal burner miners - great for beginners easy simple setup.

https://youtu.be/ws3lcRF7w98

As always thx guys XD
Last edited by rufflezau on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Factorio - Guide for Dummies - Automatic Coal burner miners

Post by mooklepticon »

Does the miner mine coal faster than the inserter extracts it? If you draw all the coal out and it can't continue the cycle, it would shut down the miner square. It kinda looks like that's happening just as the video cuts out.

rufflezau
Inserter
Inserter

Post by rufflezau »

when the convayer fills up with coal it stops the arm and starts to trickle fill.

So if you time it right it works amazing.

sckuzzle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sckuzzle »

Hey rufflezau,

If you noticed, the miners were actually running out of coal. This setup will burn itself out without additional input from you - which isn't ideal. You want a way to prioritize providing fuel for the miners before removing excess coal.

Here is a setup that is commonly used early game:

http://i.imgur.com/pKLxouf.jpg

If you put coal in the topmost miner, it will fuel itself as well as all the other miners. Any excess coal will run down the belt.

Happiej
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Happiej »

sckuzzle wrote:Hey rufflezau,

If you noticed, the miners were actually running out of coal. This setup will burn itself out without additional input from you - which isn't ideal. You want a way to prioritize providing fuel for the miners before removing excess coal.

Here is a setup that is commonly used early game:

http://i.imgur.com/pKLxouf.jpg

If you put coal in the topmost miner, it will fuel itself as well as all the other miners. Any excess coal will run down the belt.
I second that! Much better and more efficient design if you want to run a belt first thing in the early game. However, personally I mostly just run 6 miner drills on the coal and in early game I will just run around fuelling everything by hand, and then just get some steam engines running asap. Then I'll start automating the coal input in boilers and furnaces.

But whatever happens, never let your coal mining stop for a second ghehe 8-)

Return to “Videos”