Autofab mod demo - fully self-building factories in reach

Post about Let's plays and streams.
GopherAtl
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Autofab mod demo - fully self-building factories in reach

Post by GopherAtl »

Ever find yourself thinking, "Man, placing blueprints is such a pain. If only there were machines to place blueprints for me?"

... What do you mean, no? Pleb! Watch this video anyway!

Anyway, for those who have, well, soon it will be possible. Whipped up this proof-of-concept in a day, and am working on fleshing out the design into something that, while not necessarily simple to use, will at least be possible to fully automate in a wide variety of situations, and also not prone to crashing.

For now, it's just a rather glitchy device that, when fed a configured blueprint, will deploy build instructions for that blueprint, centered on it's own position. Said blueprint can be inserted and removed by any inserters, as input and output from any crafting machines, and since the blueprints they stamp out can include more autofabs, and inserters... yeah. It gets interesting. Just watch the video!

mod's WiP thread is here, with links to download the mod and the the world save exactly as I loaded it in the video.
My Mods:
Nixie Tubes - numeric displays for your circuit networks!
Logistic Combinators - use logistics values in circuit logic! -
Autowire - automate red/green wire connections

Battlecat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Autofab mod demo - fully self-building factories in reach

Post by Battlecat »

This has some pretty awesome potential for crazy fun! Good luck with the rework, I'm looking forward to trying it out in the future.

Return to “Videos”