How to Multiplayer?

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
wyan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How to Multiplayer?

Post by wyan »

So correct me if I'm wrong:

If I want to play a MP game with my friend over the internet (not LAN), I set up and run the game (either "New Game" or "Load Game") under the MP option of Factorio. Then, my friend goes to "Connect to Game" with this under "IP address and port": "MyIPAdress:34197". And we play?

Is it that simple?
Also, is there a better way to find out what my friend should put under "IP address and port" from server information in game? Will it matter that we have different computer types? Are there other common misconceptions and potential problems of MP that I can't currently think of?

Thanks.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How to Multiplayer?

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

wyan wrote:So correct me if I'm wrong:

If I want to play a MP game with my friend over the internet (not LAN), I set up and run the game (either "New Game" or "Load Game") under the MP option of Factorio. Then, my friend goes to "Connect to Game" with this under "IP address and port": "MyIPAdress:34197". And we play?

Is it that simple?
Yes.
wyan wrote: Also, is there a better way to find out what my friend should put under "IP address and port" from server information in game? Will it matter that we have different computer types? Are there other common misconceptions and potential problems of MP that I can't currently think of?

Thanks.
No, no and beside the problems mentioned here in the forum, no :)

wyan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wyan »

Thanks, I was/am still concerned that the IP/Port thingy will be wrong for my friend. We'll try it out and see if we have problems.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

I use (on the host side) the www.wieistmeineip.de (a german site wich tells you the IP-Adress you are recognized to the world :))

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

Phillip_Lynx wrote:I use (on the host side) the http://www.wieistmeineip.de (a german site wich tells you the IP-Adress you are recognized to the world :))
I just google what is ky ip. Google will tell you your ip and I like that over some site like ipchicken.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Return to “Multiplayer”