3 Players can't connect

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
onashu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

3 Players can't connect

Post by onashu »

Here is the situation:

We have three players, and we've connected to this multiplayer game previously. We've put a lot of time into this map. We're using Hamachi to connect. Two of the players are part of the same network, and I am not. We are all running version 11.8.

Here is the issue:

No matter who hosts the game, whenever somebody tries to connect, it attempts to send the map to them. The loading bar fills up 75% - 90%, freezes, then says "Player **** was dropped from the game", every single time.

Again, we've connected before, and we were playing for hours the other night without issue. We even disconnected at one point and were able to connect again (we ran into similar issues, but eventually it let us all connect. We did not try anything different the time it connected).

Has anybody had a similar issue?

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 3 Players can't connect

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

There is still issues I believe with more than 2 players.

Have you tried an earlier save? Or a new world as a test?
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

onashu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by onashu »

Yes, we tried an autosave 5 minutes prior to that. We connected somehow, but then we disconnected and haven't been able to get back in.

psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by psihius »

Between some players you can't even make a 2 man game, it just fails, despite pings being good. It desyncs and you can't do anything about it at all, just look for other people to play with.
At least with 0.11.8 if you tried 3-4 times and it does not stabilize - forget it, try playing with other people. We played with up to 5 people just fine in EU region. But some people just were unable to play with us.

onashu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by onashu »

We made it in. Here's what we did differently:

We all installed the 32-bit version of 11.8. We were able to get one person to join, but after the second person tried to join he got disconnected. We tried again, and the second person just waited for 5 minutes after the first connected and we all were able to connect.

Return to “Multiplayer”