Dedicated PVE server (HARD) (NA, based in Chicago,IL)

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Dedicated PVE server (HARD) (NA, based in Chicago,IL)

Post by Last2Night »

Dedicated PVE server (HARD) (NA, based in Chicago)

Server details
Server name: Factorio PVE (HARD) (USA Chicago)
Server address: 216.246.109.178:34247
Version: 0.14.2 (Always being updated to the latest experimental version)
Player slots: 8
Map settings:
Overall difficulty: Hard
Mods:
Active factorio.com account is required to download the mods Free access(factorio.com account is not required) all server Mods pack download link: Server auto-pause*: ON
Server auto restarts upon crash.
Server uptime: Started On 8/31/2016 4:16:24 PM GMT

Saves are being backed up every day at random hours. This is anti-griefers measure only and will not be used in case of failed play. Saves are being stored for 1 week.

Voice: Discord. Invite link: https://discord.gg/t8mqBHp

!!! SERVER RULES !!!:
This is pure PVE server
  • PVP is not allowed.
  • Be polite.
  • Work in cooperation with others.
  • Do not damage/remove player structures unless authorized by the owner(you can find out who's the owner of the structure by hovering your mouse over it and checking the info window for builder nick). In case the owner is not playing anymore you can obtain authorization to remove the structure from server administrator. The only exception is when the structure is placed in a way that interferes with game process.
  • You are allowed to build your own base. If you decide to build your own base do not steal from other bases.

Your access to the server will be permanently revoked in case of rules violation.

I hope more server options will be available later on as i want each player to have their own technology research and build their own bases unless they team up.

!!! Server is now open to the public !!!

It is possible to run your own maps on the server as long as they are created with hard difficulty settings. Contact me via private messages in order to get your map on the server. Also i am open for MODs suggestions.

It should be possible to play on the server from anywhere in NA as the ping restriction is set to 200. I personally live in Lethbridge,AB which is 1600 miles away from Chicago,IL during the test I had ping equal to 60 and absolutely no connection issues even when players from east coast were connected to the server.

Server settings and rules might be changed from time to time so please occasionally check this topic for updates.

* During server test Auto Pause was off and world was live even when no players were connected, several times one of the resources was depleted while nobody was playing and the base was overrun and destroyed by the enemies. I personally find it fun and interesting as it makes the game even harder, however I have made the decision to enable auto pause as this might be very frustrating for some players and make them quit playing the game. If enough players will want auto pause disabled I will gladly do so.
Last edited by Last2Night on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 54 times in total.

Skisan Gaming
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Dedicated PVE server (HARD) (NA, based in Chicago)

Post by Skisan Gaming »

Hello!

The Discord link has expired, so I can't join the Discord server.

P.S. Are there any ports which must be forwarded at the router level?
P.P.S. Am I allowed to record myself playing on the server for YouTube?

Thanks,
Skisan Gaming

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Dedicated PVE server (HARD) (NA, based in Chicago)

Post by Last2Night »

Skisan Gaming wrote:Hello!

The Discord link has expired, so I can't join the Discord server.

P.S. Are there any ports which must be forwarded at the router level?
P.P.S. Am I allowed to record myself playing on the server for YouTube?

Thanks,
Skisan Gaming
Discord invite link was renewed and will not expire now.

1: You need the port to be open and not used by anything else. But i dont see a need in doing something with it, unless your ISP is blocking it.

2: Server has no distribution restrictions, it is running for the players by the players. Any distribution restrictions that may apply are game dev's or MODs dev's made, so check their policies if you are not sure.

P.S. Auto Pause info and Overall Difficulty were added to the topic.

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Dedicated PVE server (HARD) (NA, based in Chicago,IL)

Post by Last2Night »

Good job on the base, guys. When i logged on today to check if everything was ok, i thought for a second that i didnt reset the world, the base you got running is very identical to the one we had during server test :) Let me know if you want a new world once you get that rocket sent to space. Feel free to contact me if you need anything.

Have fun!

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

Server updated to 0.13.8. Have fun!

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

Last update stopped the server from appearing on in-game server browser. It is being taken care of, i will let you know when its fixed as this is a nasty bug that is not being reflected in logs or anywhere else and is hard to find. Meanwhile you can keep connecting to server via "Connect to server" button and entering server's address: 216.246.109.178:34247

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Satan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Satan »

Server was fun, but our base was overrun while we were logged off. Seems beyond salvaging. You might consider resetting it.

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

Satan wrote:Server was fun, but our base was overrun while we were logged off. Seems beyond salvaging. You might consider resetting it.
It cound not be overrun while nobody was playing as the server auto pauses when no player is connected. Could it be some troll joined the server and destroyed it? I have a save backup from 07.12.16, i will upload this one and see if it has the base up, if not i will start a new map.

From now on i will back up a save at least once a day to have protection against griefers, will do my best to back it up twice a day.

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

I have uploaded the save and the base is still up. For some reason the base is out of electricity, the boilers are out of coal. You can restore the base's functionality, there are only a couple of buildings destroyed.
Let me know if you still want me to start a brand new map.
From now on i will back up the save daily and keep the saves for 1 week, in case some griefers decide to mess up with our server.

SERVER LIST UPDATE:
Unfortunately we could not identify what causes the server to not show up on the in-game server browser. Email has been sent to Factorio Devs.

dorgas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dorgas »

I will explain what happened when playing:

No coal for boilers -> no electricity -> no lasers working

Then bitters raided the base from lasers side.

Next time I suggest only turrents to guard the base and miners zone.

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

Server updated to 0.13.9
dorgas wrote:I will explain what happened when playing:

No coal for boilers -> no electricity -> no lasers working

Then bitters raided the base from lasers side.

Next time I suggest only turrents to guard the base and miners zone.
Unfortunately this could not happen as the server pauses when there are no players connected to it. World is on pause while you guys dont play. And i can assure you that it was on pause since there was a 9 hours gap between saves.

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

Hello, ladies and gents.
I will be taking the server down for a few hours later on tonight. New world will be started (newely generated world, don't expect the map to look the same as previous), also there will be bunch of mods installed. I will update this topic once the server is up and running again.

Cheers.
Last edited by Last2Night on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

Server is now up and running. New world has been set up, map settings slightly changed in order to ease a little bit with resources sites due to prolonged end game environment with Space Extension Mod running. Map settings screenshot was added to the topic. Mods and their respective download links were added to the topic. In upcoming days i will add a download link to all server's mods pack.

Have fun!

P.S.: Next world restart will be accompanied by adding the whole set of Bob's mods which will greatly expand game's experience.

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

Hello, lads.
  • A few updates.
  • Server updated to 0.13.10
  • The problem with the server not being shown on in-game server browser was finally fixed
  • External link to download all server mods in one *.rar file was added, factorio.com account is NOT needed to download it. The link was added to the topic.
Have fun!

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

After the latest world reset the server was set to un-paused mode. It is now fixed, server pauses when no player is connected. Backup save uploaded. My apologies for inconvenience caused.

Have fun!

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

Server updated to 0.13.11

Have fun!

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

Hello, lads!

We will be launching in a couple of days Minecraft InfiTech 2 Modspack Dedicated Server for a test run before going public. It is based on the same platform as our Factorio Server in Chicago, IL, USA and will support 50 player slots. If you are interested in helping us test it or join it when its live, feel free to join Discord channel posted in this topic to acquire more information on the upcoming Minecraft server!

Have fun!

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

Server updated to 0.13.12

Have fun!

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

Server updated to 0.13.13

Have fun!

Last2Night
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Last2Night »

Server updated to 0.13.14!

Have Fun!

Return to “Multiplayer”