SpaceBook, a multiplayer/PvP/RP manager

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

SpaceBook, a multiplayer/PvP/RP manager

Post by binbinhfr »

Hi there,

just a little message out of the Mod subforum to tell to multi players that I published a mod for them.
It's about forces and players management, PvP, RP, passwords, etc...
It can extend the gameplay if you want to share a map with different players teams that do not share the same factory/technological tree.
If you want to compete between teams, or even fight, or collaborate against aliens ;)

If you are interested, have a look here :
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=25680

And do not hesitate to tell me what you think, what can be improved, and what you need as multiplayers.
I need first courageous players to test it on a real loaded multi server.
Contact me if you have any questions or problems.

Have fun.
Last edited by binbinhfr on Wed May 25, 2016 9:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Daffy
Inserter
Inserter

Re: SpaceBook, a multiplayer/PvP/RP manager

Post by Daffy »

will the players need to have the mod?

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Daffy wrote:will the players need to have the mod?
Player always need to have the same mods as the server, regardless if it's an actual mod or just shoved into the control.lua of the map
Looking for a multiplayer server? Check out my servers Vanilla Server

Daffy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Daffy »

welll thats no good. ive had to explain to people how to get to the multiplayer start. or how to ping/ get their own address..

well as long as they dont have to download and install anything they should be good..
the control.lua downloads with the map download right?

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Daffy wrote:the control.lua downloads with the map download right?
Correct, as long as it's inside of the save for the map. Aka get map, unzip, do w/e changes you need to the contorl.lua, rezip, start server with new map.
Looking for a multiplayer server? Check out my servers Vanilla Server

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Daffy wrote:welll thats no good. ive had to explain to people how to get to the multiplayer start. or how to ping/ get their own address..

well as long as they dont have to download and install anything they should be good..
the control.lua downloads with the map download right?
Hi Daffy, I do not really understand the problem.
Players always have to have the same mods you are using... That's what people do : to access a server, they usually get the IP address of teh server and a package of mods. And I do not understand this address ping either. My mod does not need anything more special than other mods to be installed or used.

And this mod is more directed to admins/server owner : it's a help to prepare the game. And then, it's more your job as admin/owner to teleport newcomers to the starting point of their force. It's a few clicks when they first connect : group them into a force, set their rights (or let them at the basic engineer level) and teleport them to the starting point of their force... Most of the time, the "engineers"/basic players do not need to open the SpaceBook interface (for basic players with no rights, this interface is limited, and they can use it just to see the list of forces and players, to change their password or their color).

And if you uninstall the mod after setting the game, you won't have access to the rights and authentication features that prevent unwanted people to destroy your gameplay. And you won't be able to teleport further connecting people to their starting zone.

The interface may look complex, but start with the basic features and you'll see that it can be very helpful if you want to extend the game with several teams on the same map.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

up for newcomers who could be interested in a PvP mod with all the 0.13 MP new server features.

Return to “Multiplayer”