possible to make Factorio Dedicated Server steamapp?

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
nsanity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

possible to make Factorio Dedicated Server steamapp?

Post by nsanity »

Hi,

Is it possible to publish a Factorio Dedicated Server distribution that does not require a license? (i.e can be pulled from the Anonymous steamcmd user?)

failing that - is it possible to publish a headless Windows client that doesn't require an account with Factorio.com?

I've spent a fair whack of time setting up a Windows dedicated server that will automatically update (as well as detect if the game is running, save the game, update and then re-launch) and all that nice stuff.

Life would be easier to distribute the various batch files, etc if I had a method of updating the windows client without a specific steam account.

Thanks

malk0lm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: possible to make Factorio Dedicated Server steamapp?

Post by malk0lm »

The headless version doesn't require a license. You can setup a free account on factorio's website.

If you are running a server you can look at Bisa's script for management and updating. I think the update script from Narc0tiq will patch the install for you easy-peasy.

nsanity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nsanity »

malk0lm wrote:The headless version doesn't require a license. You can setup a free account on factorio's website.

If you are running a server you can look at Bisa's script for management and updating. I think the update script from Narc0tiq will patch the install for you easy-peasy.
ya, this is on linux tho :) I'm chasing a windows install.

malk0lm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by malk0lm »

nsanity wrote:
malk0lm wrote:The headless version doesn't require a license. You can setup a free account on factorio's website.

ya, this is on linux tho :) I'm chasing a windows install.
Oops! I was looking at the regular alpha builds.

Uh, if you want you can use Hyper-V to install something like Ubuntu to get it up and running. See: https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/servergui ... ilder.html

Return to “Multiplayer”