Trying to setup multiplayer not working

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Modern_Expert
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Trying to setup multiplayer not working

Post by Modern_Expert »

Ok, so my friend and I are trying to setup a game so we can play factorio with each other, but every time he trys to join it says "uploading map info" then give a progress bar and then goes through a couple cycles, after waiting an hour of we finally said "screw it".
Any ideas? oh and we are using log me in hamachi to try to setup the server.

Reverend
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Trying to setup multiplayer not working

Post by Reverend »

Both of u try to join a public server to see who's the culprit that can't connect.

Zcoolest
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zcoolest »

Fricken stupid i gotta GO through all this BS just to let a friend join my game FOR YEARS i always skiped those games that reqire and ip for reason and this one time i really tried maken work even called my service provider NOPE. Now i know hwy i never try IP BEACAUSE TO MUCH SH!T I NEED TO FIGURE OUT FOR YOUR STUPID SH!T TO WORK if this game dont come out with own sever its a fail! also this windows 8 all your how to CRAP for windows 7 and all youtube videos also no mods at all MORE bs i gotta go through rather then a sub on a steam workshop! Sorry i raged love the game however Screw you for maken me go though all this bs to make somthing that should be click of butten....instead it 5 hours of click shit viewing shit reading guids F all that be honest if didnt play so much i woulda asked steam for refund......HURRY UP WORKSHOP MODS DECATED SEVER B4 people move on!
Attachments
nothing works
nothing works
Untitled.png (96.47 KiB) Viewed 2401 times

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Have you tried Hamachi or Evolve?
Also there are lots of dedicated server hosters for Factorio, check the partners site: https://www.factorio.com/partners or use google.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Modern_Expert
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Modern_Expert »

Reverend wrote:Both of u try to join a public server to see who's the culprit that can't connect.
i guess we could that

Modern_Expert
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Modern_Expert »

daniel34 wrote:Have you tried Hamachi or Evolve?
Also there are lots of dedicated server hosters for Factorio, check the partners site: https://www.factorio.com/partners or use google.
Were using hamachi right now but I never have heard of Evolve. il look up on it of i don't like it then il just join a dedicated server. thanks for the help.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Modern_Expert wrote:
daniel34 wrote:Have you tried Hamachi or Evolve?
Were using hamachi right now but I never have heard of Evolve. il look up on it of i don't like it then il just join a dedicated server. thanks for the help.
I actually meant Zcoolest and his rant, but I guess the advice also works for you :)
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Multiplayer”