Server is running, but not very well

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Skrillerman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Server is running, but not very well

Post by Skrillerman »

Hi everyone,

yesterday i played with a friend on a server he hosted.
We have no much experience on that field and I just connected to him by using his IP (he googled it) + 34197. Example: 12.12.234.456:34197

The first problem was that he was not able to connect to MY IP ( my IP had only 12.12.123.12 (9 instead of 10 numbers) . After that I connected succesful to his "server".
a assembly
Well the first issue I mentioned was that everything was a bit delayed. As example everytime I click on "coal" and move it to another place it takes it 1 second to do it. Or when i stood on a assembly line and pressed F it took again 0.5-1 second to move the stuff into my inventory.

To be honest i can deal with this issue BUT the biggest problem for me was that the CAR MOVEMENT was horrible. When I press W to accelerate it takes like 1-2 second until the car moves. Or when I try to direct my car into another direction it needs again 1 second or so for doing it. Its annoying because we are not able to drive with the cars in our base or explore the landscape around as.
Because when I got chased by biters and the car didnt move like i wanted it to do, the car drove into trees or something and i died :/

Sorry for my bad english i hope you can understand my problem and give me a possible solution please :)

thank you and have a good day

Reverend
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Server is running, but not very well

Post by Reverend »

For him to connect to you, you need to forward the game port (34197) to your computer on your network. Evidently he already has or his ports are all open (not good).

For lag, the host can set latency hiding. By default its 249ms which is pretty high. Put it down to 120 or so and you'll see a big difference.

Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bisa »

also double check your client options -> other -> multiplayer latency hiding (make sure that box is checked)
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

Skrillerman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Skrillerman »

ok thank you guys :) gonn try it

Return to “Multiplayer”