SUG Admin Application Thread

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

SUG Admin Application Thread

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Made a seperate post for this as to not clutter my server threads hope that's ok.

Due to the increase in griefers admins are needed to help deal with them when I'm not online. If you're interested fill out a application using the format below.

1. Factorio IGN:
2. How long have you been playing factorio:
3. Do you have teamspeak and a mic:
4. Age|Timezone:
5. How long have you been playing on my servers:
6. Why do you think you'd make a good admin:
7. Additional info you would like to tell us?:
Looking for a multiplayer server? Check out my servers Vanilla Server

Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: SUG Admin Application Thread

Post by Bisa »

I'm mostly applying since I want to figure out a way to do co-administration with others that does not necessarily mean I give others shell access (not root mind you!)
Perhaps this will all resolve itself once 0.13 hits but if it does not a web-admin interface seems to be a long term goal where you could have moderators access server status/whitelists/bans/restarts and save selections etc.

I do not intend to play on your servers (I rarely even play on my own) but if you need another set of hands able to take action when you are afk I'd be happy to help a fellow community server hoster.

1. Factorio IGN: Bisa
2. How long have you been playing factorio: Cant even recall, been here a while :D
3. Do you have teamspeak and a mic: Both
4. Age|Timezone: 28|CET
5. How long have you been playing on my servers: Never
6. Why do you think you'd make a good admin: I'm a generally cool headed guy with a chill attitude
7. Additional info you would like to tell us?: Nothing of interest really
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Bisa wrote:I'm mostly applying since I want to figure out a way to do co-administration with others that does not necessarily mean I give others shell access (not root mind you!)
Perhaps this will all resolve itself once 0.13 hits but if it does not a web-admin interface seems to be a long term goal where you could have moderators access server status/whitelists/bans/restarts and save selections etc.

I do not intend to play on your servers (I rarely even play on my own) but if you need another set of hands able to take action when you are afk I'd be happy to help a fellow community server hoster.

1. Factorio IGN: Bisa
2. How long have you been playing factorio: Cant even recall, been here a while :D
3. Do you have teamspeak and a mic: Both
4. Age|Timezone: 28|CET
5. How long have you been playing on my servers: Never
6. Why do you think you'd make a good admin: I'm a generally cool headed guy with a chill attitude
7. Additional info you would like to tell us?: Nothing of interest really
Sending PM.
Looking for a multiplayer server? Check out my servers Vanilla Server

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

1. Factorio IGN: Smoovious Laxness
2. How long have you been playing factorio: ~2mo
3. Do you have teamspeak and a mic: yes/yes
4. Age|Timezone: 48/EST5EDT (UTC-5+DST)
5. How long have you been playing on my servers: ~2mo
6. Why do you think you'd make a good admin: I don't take things personally, and look at situations dispassionately, without playing favorites, even if I end up being at the disadvantage.
7. Additional info you would like to tell us?: been sick lately, but expect to be returning soon.

-- Smoov

Shovinus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shovinus »

1. Factorio IGN: Shovinus
2. How long have you been playing factorio: Approx 2 Months
3. Do you have teamspeak and a mic: yes/(yes but seems to be busted, need it repaired/replaced, will do next week)
4. Age|Timezone: 29/GMT
5. How long have you been playing on my servers: ~2 Weeks
6. Why do you think you'd make a good admin:As far as administrative actions such as banning are concerned I never ban without reason. Have been admin to servers on different games before DOD, counter strike. I am quick to spot trouble makers and understand who is actually causing the issues (connection wise or other). If not breaking the rules I wont ban.
7. Additional info you would like to tell us?: On a lot, pretty much all day during week.

rougue
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rougue »

1. Factorio IGN: Rougue
2. How long have you been playing factorio: A month or 2
3. Do you have teamspeak and a mic: Yes
4. Age|Timezone: 30 something Central
5. How long have you been playing on my servers: a few weeks or so
6. Why do you think you'd make a good admin: Knowing the rules, following them and making choices that are best for the server is what admining is about. And thats what I do.
7. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I play regularly and im considering doing some coding for project if they will have me.

Return to “Multiplayer”