Factorio - I'm new to the game

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Factorio - I'm new to the game

Post by Tepalus »

Helo builders!

I played the game for about 4-5 days now and wow, i love it so much! I was watching some videos about the game and reading some tips and now i'm in the forum.

I think this is a game where i will spend tons of hours. The best part, it runs on my mac book!

There is also a real good dev.-team who talks alot to the community and there are tons of news every friday.

But there are some questions i was wondering about:
- Is there a running german Multiplayer-Map?
- Is there any kind of list where the devs. post and talk about future plans? (The newspapers are nice but there are so many of them!)
- will the updates be implemented on steam and can i join a multiplayer with steam?
- what are the most usefull mods and can i implement them with a steam-version?

Greetings from Switzerland, EU (ok well, in the middle of the EU but not part of it :roll: )
Factorio in a Nutshell
try and error, try and error, try and success
once again it is friday, once again i'm waiting for the news
hour for hour for hour it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Krayt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Factorio - I'm new to the game

Post by Krayt »

• I am sure there are plenty German speaking servers running. And if you do not find an adequate server, you can always host yourself and play with others via Hamachi for example.
  • In the Friday Facts the devs talk about the future development plans, ideas and other stuff concerning Factorio: https://www.factorio.com/blog
  • Yes the steam version gets the updates since steam release as well. Basically Factorio is cross-platform. So yes you can join multiplayer from the steam version.
  • What the most useful mods are is a thing you have to find out for yourself, but I think first you should complete a save without mods impacting vanilla gameplay too much. You add Mods to the steam version of Factorio simply by adding the mods' ZIP files to the mods folder (%appdata%/Factorio/mods).
Greetings
Krayt

Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tepalus »

Thank you for your answers! :)
Factorio in a Nutshell
try and error, try and error, try and success
once again it is friday, once again i'm waiting for the news
hour for hour for hour it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Zodiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zodiac »

Hi there Krayt me and four friends are looking to expand our friend network in Factorio too, however we use Teamspeak and not skype. In addition we don't just play Factorio (well we are playing it non-stop at the moment mostly at the moment), so if you are interested send me a message and ill give you the Teamspeak address. Thanks!

Return to “Multiplayer”