[Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.35/Modded]

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Bulisek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.29/Marathon]

Post by Bulisek »

I would like to see HardCrafting mod on this server.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

hadcrafting + dytech + marathon?

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

Anyone with complete proposoal?! Daniel asked for mods and settings. Just think of an overall nice scenario and introduce us & the server owner to it.

PS you always want to Play dytech. I cannot find a link to a stable version that is running with .29. all i find is dsyoch's sayings that he's working on an update of dytech. So where is it?

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

My proposal for the next map (summing up your ideas and adding a diabolic goal):

Factorio Settings:
default, except biter bases high/big/very poor
base terrain: preferably not a desert spawn :)

MainMod:
- 5Dim, all modules(http://5dimmod.com/download.php?where=foro)
- BobLibrary (adds bobs ores to 5Dim, also found on http://5dimmod.com/download.php?where=foro, maybe this one i edited for the demands of 5dims?!)

Additional Mods:

- Logistics Railway (http://www.factoriomods.com/mods/logistics-railway)
- (all)BeltsAreBroken :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
- Satellite Uplink Station (http://www.factoriomods.com/mods/satell ... nk-station) "late game factory management tool"
- Fat-Controller (to meet the demand of an overview of 1000's or even trillions of train as a result of broken belts)
- Smart Trains (to have the ability to reliev the railwaynetwork at a given progress of the whole factory)
- edit: Judos' Auto rocket starter (since it is stable compared to the other one we once had? Judos can you give a brief statement regarding your experience please since I would love to have it in the next map setup for measuring)

Goal:
- Research all technologies
- Create a factory which is capable of building 10 Rockets and all it's therefor needed stuff in time within 30 minutes or less without the usage of productivity modules in parts of the factory which are necessary to build a rocket/rocket parts) (example: prod. modules are allowed in green circuits for personal/other usage, prod. modules are not allowed in the green circuits that flow into the rocket itsself)
- send 10 rockets within 30 minutes (without beeing "too" overstocked on certain intermediates)

The Goal is reached when:
- all technologies (mandatory)
- the 2 other are actually met
- or the majority of active players say's it's fine now, like e.g. 8 rockets in 34 minutes, whatever (to prevent the annoyance of the last 3% of completion, just remember the last techs for follower robots... omfg... :) )

("building" does not mean stacking up stuff over a large time span and fire it up within 30 minutes, it really means building and firing up the stuff within 30 minutes)
Last edited by kaZ on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Apilem
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Apilem »

You forgot marathon and hardcrafting ;)

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

Apilem wrote:You forgot marathon and hardcrafting ;)
It's not forgotten, it's not mentioned! That is a huge difference ;)

Serious, marathon only adds the run for copper/copper ore and a constant lack of those green circuits. Nothing else! We had that for quite some time. And additionaly (I only can speak for myself here) I don't want to attach let's say 5 Copper mines and when I rejoin at a given time they're all depleted because of some dubious and/or selfish usage due to crafting expensive stuff (e.g. requesting/building expensive armor, dying, building expensive armor...) without giving anything back at all time. Do you want to pay (... with your time setting up mines..) for some lazy bast... eeehrmm people? Me not, thanks!

HardCrafting is not compatible to 5Dims so far. And I think a smooth balancing and interacting of those two mods is not made in a hurried hotfix (like it happened for bobsmods, giving 35 plates of copper for 2 items of I cannot remember in 2 seconds is just insane (the one who this is adressed to knows what I mean :) )). Maybe just let's vote for for or against this. I vote against HardCrafting this time because 5Dims already comes with it's very own, comprehensive and unterstandable, crushing method. HardCrafting will need alot of maintenance (ask Löw, he made most of the hardcrafting stuff 1 or 2 maps before the current one) since every *insert individual-related favorite swearword here* can muddle in the process of smelting/refining.

sting
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sting »

With broken belts you can reach roboports and robots faster than with working belts

Evan_
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Evan_ »

Never checked the server while it was going, but it looks terrifyingly awesome. The mod-setup feels spot on. Anyways... may I throw an idea into the hat?

No logistic bots. (instead of no belts of course)

All hail to the eternal Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

kaZ wrote:My proposal for the next map...
Sounds impossible, so let's do it, I'm already in withdrawal...

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

KaZ: I don't know what the name of the other mod was, but it used a terribly complex method by extending radars and storing all built Rocket Silos. Somewhere inbetween was a desync problem. So what my mod does is just add an entity without any special function and no gui and checks every 10s around itself whether there are any adjacent rocket silos. If yes it tests for satellite and readyness and then launches them.
Basically: No state no storing any data = for sure no desync ;)
If you use the mod I will gurantee you hotfix support :D

About hardCrafting I agree. It's not perfectly balanced with 5dims. I have it already on my todo list. But basically now everything was proposed, 5dims, DyTech, bobs, hardCrafting. :) Choose what you like.

KaZ: The recipe which gave "35 plates of copper for 2 items of I cannot remember in 2 seconds" was mainly due to marathon which scales everything up by a factor of 5. ;) that was not perfect but if I just change the time to 10s it would result in having 5 times more chemical factories, and I don't think that is soo fun :P

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.30/5dim]

Post by daniel34 »

Server has been updated to 0.12.30 and I've started a new map, based on the proposal from kaZ.
I installed all the mods he requested and added Science Cost Tweaker 0.0.2, which increases the science pack cost 2x to 9x, depending on science tier.
Reason: To make initial gameplay longer but not require more material for the rockets in the endgame (as marathon would do)
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Thank you for restarting the server!

But I can't establish the connection so far :

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Hi drbln,
It actually works if you pay close attention :) The port is again default 34197 instead of the earlier 34198 one.
Cheers

Pymous
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pymous »

Do you allow other owners to use your modpacks ? :)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Pymous wrote:Do you allow other owners to use your modpacks ? :)
It's not exactly a "modpack", but rather a way for players to download all the mods currently used in one file, so they don't have to search for them and download them on their own.

All the mods in the current mods.zip allow redistribution under their licenses (CC-BY-SA, MIT, GPL) as long as the license is included, which is the case as the mods are redistributed as-is.

You can certainly use that mod configuration for your own modpack, if you make changes refer to their licenses.

Disclaimer: This is not a "modpack", just a collection of mods currently on the server. It might change without notice, and the download link and content for the mods.zip might change at any time and is only meant to provide a quick download for players on this server.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Pymous
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pymous »

Yup, clear for me ! :)

I do not intend to use your modspack again and again, but just this one time and update my own after, like a base, you see ?

Anyway, thanks for your work ! :)

sting
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sting »

sting
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sting »

sting
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sting »

We are running out of copper

provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by provet »

You must be experts right? :D How does Power rails work? Can't get them to connect to my power network :(

Return to “Multiplayer”