[Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.35/Modded]

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.35/Modded]

Post by daniel34 »

Offline. Permanently.

Back then the Idea was to provide a server to be able to test your connectivity and try out some Factorio multiplayer but with the 0.13 release multiplayer has been made easily available for everyone which makes this server obsolete.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

PandaGOD
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.22/Mmod/Marathon]

Post by PandaGOD »

We cant start the game with a OP armor like hell for 1 wood? xD

I dont know if that is supposed to be like that

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.22/Bobathon]

Post by daniel34 »

Indeed, it's a little overpowered for a multiplayer game.
I've started a new map with Bobathon mod (Bob's + Marathon). This is (hopefully) going to be a longer map, if you want/need any additional mods, ask.

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

Define "longer"! 4 instead of 3 days? :D

Fine Mod choice overall. Will be interesting to see Bobs working together with Marathon mod.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

kaZ wrote:Define "longer"! 4 instead of 3 days? :D
I aim for a goal between 3 days and 2-3 weeks, but with you guys one never knows ;)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

So, this map is done again and I would like to propose a RSO config-file for the next one. It makes ore deposits really rare but bigger, so it will lead to a huge rail network. The best map settings would be those we had previously with much water but big continents.
I am not sure about the main mod, maybe we could try the unofficial version of dytech.

Thx

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

An additional idea for the large rail Network would be the no-belt challenge and/or the thougt of Towns, where every product or productkit get's it's very Production Place. Also Robots shouldn't be allowed to supply any Production in Case of towns.
EDIT: for the main mod I suppose the factorio extended mod. Just saw a spotlight by xterminator on yt which looks quite suitable to me. It adds the cool stuff from Bobs and dytech without beeing op or having a (sometimes) annoying productionchain of byproducts

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

kaZ wrote:An additional idea for the large rail Network would be the no-belt challenge and/or the thougt of Towns, where every product or productkit get's it's very Production Place. Also Robots shouldn't be allowed to supply any Production in Case of towns.
EDIT: for the main mod I suppose the factorio extended mod. Just saw a spotlight by xterminator on yt which looks quite suitable to me. It adds the cool stuff from Bobs and dytech without beeing op or having a (sometimes) annoying productionchain of byproducts
I've done some no-belt challenges on my own (currently in one with bob's mods) but I don't know of a mod that disables laying of belts (if there is a mod please link to it, otherwise I'd try to code one), and in a multiplayer game I'd really like to make sure that players are actually not able to lay belts. (Same with the no-crafting challenge which I considered once, but you'd need to enforce that on server/mod-level, as especially in that case you can't tell if users are cheating.)
Not sure what you mean by Towns, can you explain that? If you mean separate production sites for items that are only exchanged by trains, I don't think a mod can enforce that and some players will disregard that rule anyway.

I've read about the Factorio Extended mod (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 93&t=19836) but not tried it myself yet, it looks very promising.
I might shutdown the server (or leave it as it is) for the next 2-3 days before starting a new map, because I might be busy this weekend.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

A no hand crafting mod can be easily written by setting the character's crafting categories to blank. You would need to start with an assembling machine MK2 in this instance, otherwise you would end up with a deadlock when it comes to building some of the electronics, there's the situation where you need assembling machine 2 to build a circuit board, and need that circuit board to build assembling machine 2. Fortunately for the normal game you can craft it by hand, but I was considering altering a few things so that you can make it in an electronics assembling machine MK1 for such instances, I think the current recipe for said machine though also takes the same board as assembling machine MK2 that deadlocks you.

As for the no belt-laying challenge, simple method would be to remove the belt entity from the placable tag of a from the item with a mod...

now mods like bob's logistic mod add new belts too, so the simple way would be to code a special check for those items and do the same to disable them. A more robust method though would be to do it dynamically.
First you find all entities of the belt, underground belt and splitter types
from there you run through every item, and find the items that place said entity and then remove said placable tag.

You can't really outright disable the construction of the item though, because it may be required by another recipe. if you wanted to remove them completely, it would require redefining a lot of recipes, to require something else instead.

you could also do the same thing with roboports and logistic/construction robots too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

The idea with the Towns is exactly what you've described Daniel. I would leave it as a general notice in the top post. It was meant more of an idea for our railnetwork lovers how it could be a bit more interesting, building circuits here, all iron stuff like pipes or sticks there...

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

Löwchen maybe you could post your editet RSO-File aswell the proposal for the different ingame settings for ores (is there actually a relationship between these both or does RSO overwrite everything?). My only wish is to keep the frequenzy of oil normal/medium/whatever... (they are depleted in nullkommanix anyways, so richness doesn't matter), whatever you think that isn't op. The progress in the last maps was always in dependence of finding new oil spots which wasn't often possible.

Unless you didn't start the coding of the no-belt mod we could start with the following mods:

Mainmods:
[*]Marathon
[*]Extended Mod

Helpermods:
[*]YARM or any other
[*]Smart-Trains ?

another intersting, but not mandatory mod:

[*]Train position and length fix
Last edited by kaZ on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webbatron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by webbatron »

can you make a new server so I can lay with you on a vinila server when I can play please

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

kaZ wrote:Löwchen maybe you could post your editet RSO-File aswell the proposal for the different ingame settings for ores (is there actually a relationship between these both or does RSO overwrite everything?). My only wish is to keep the frequenzy of oil normal/medium/whatever.
All the resource settings should stay standard as changing them with with rso installed has undesired effects, terrain segmentation should be normal and water should be big or very big, whichever we had two maps ago, enemies should be low or very low to be able to explore, they will expand and be challenging later on.

Here is the rso file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-qMxz ... sp=sharing but i would like to test it once more, once i know the other mods we will use as I only tested it for bobs.

Edit:
webbatron wrote:can you make a new server so I can lay with you on a vinila server when I can play please
Please rephrase that, it is not clear what you mean.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Fixed :
Would you please set up a new vanilla server, so that I can play with you on vanilla when I have enough spare time to play ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Hi!

Could you start a new map, but with lower resource richness?

PandaGOD
Inserter
Inserter

Post by PandaGOD »

Map is finished :D, all researched and 8 rockets launched soo far xD

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

I don't have time today, but I will set up a new map sometime tomorrow.
If you want to have a specific set of mods, post them here including the map settings you want. I will probably take one of your ideas for a new map.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Just out of curiosity - how long it took with bobathon?
I started solo game with it and some other mods (RSO and Youki mainly plus utiliities) and it seems it might be very long if I can survive ;)

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

It took about 6 days. Once it come's to modules (with or without Godmodules) everything is done very fast because the bonus is just too much. If you want to prolonge your own fun disable every module above tier 3 in the config. And make sure you have the right oil settings (many wells possible). Bobathon increases the cost for 1 module at 4 Heavy oil overall. cheers

Return to “Multiplayer”