Using Evolve with Headless?

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Using Evolve with Headless?

Post by Peter34 »

I like the idea of starting a private headless server for myself and a few friends. A server that "runs" on my computer constantly (starts automatically when the computer boots up) but with time stopped when nobody is logged on.

However, I use Evolve to play Factorio (and Civ 5 for that matter), as I've found that port forwarding often doesn't work. It seems to work, but no connection actually ever occurs.

Is that doable? Can I connect from my own computer to the server which runs on the same computer? If yes, how? I'm very new to Evolve. I found it super-easy to get to work with Factorio (and later Civ 5), but this also means that I basically don't understand how it works, so I'm worried there might be some complication that makes this headless usage impossible.

Also, what kick/ban options are currently available on headless? If any?

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Using Evolve with Headless?

Post by prg »

No idea about Evolve, but if you want to connect to another peer running on the same host you just need to use a config specifying a different port and write-data path so both instances don't overwrite each other's temp/currently-playing/, that should be independant of whatever VPN solution you're using.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Return to “Multiplayer”