Bob Warfare (select / disable subgroup)

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Bob Warfare (select / disable subgroup)

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Hello there. Thank you for these unique mods. Very creative, congratulations. However, some things can be confusing to me in the mod. Yes in your "Warfare" mode, there is a setting box but it is limited. For example, I only want to buy tank and wall items. So turrets, radars, war robots, etc. it is too much for me. Or if I wanted to include the turrets, the upgrades up to mk5 levels are too much. All these, "Example: add-disable for Mk 1-2-3-4-5" and "only 1-2 groups as a whole, for example: walls only - tank only - laser turrets only - only I want to choose - like gun turrets. Please but please upload this unique mod with its subgroups one by one?
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bob Warfare (select / disable subgroup)

Post by bobingabout »

These are not new requests. Both the options to enable specific features only, and a set of options for "First tier only" have been requested. It's a lot of work, and I've not been putting a lot of time into modding, which is why I haven't done it yet.

Though, due to all options basically just being a long singular list, I don't want to overwhelm things by having too many options. Limiting options does limit configuration ability. Lets just say, options to choose absolutely everything in fine detail is beyond the scope of what the game developers intended.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

thank you for the answer. yes, you don't even get a fee for it; I respect your labor and time. but actually I am not talking about too much of an adjustment mechanism. For example, the modes of aai introduce each mode separately in this way. For example, flame tank, laser tank, hauler, miners, industry all come separately. and the person can easily choose whatever he wishes. I would like you to do a similar study.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

oyunbagimlisi wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:24 am
thank you for the answer. yes, you don't even get a fee for it; I respect your labor and time. but actually I am not talking about too much of an adjustment mechanism. For example, the modes of aai introduce each mode separately in this way. For example, flame tank, laser tank, hauler, miners, industry all come separately. and the person can easily choose whatever he wishes. I would like you to do a similar study.
I get it, some of my other mods do actually have that, for example The Assembling machines mod, the only thing that can't be turned off is the MK4 to MK6 Assembling machines, and in theory it would be easy enough to add an option for that too.
These mods basically have a file for each of those items, and also their own file for the data-updates phase that changes recipes. The Power mod has almost as customisable changes too.

The other mods you're talking about though aren't organised that way. They have a Recipes folder with a few different recipe files in it. Some areas of the warfare mod aren't even in those folders, they're in another file doing other wide-sweeping changes. Other mods also check before changing anything, even if the change is made by themselves, Warfare mod wasn't written like that and just assumes that whatever change was made within the mod, is always there.
Before I can just add an option to turn parts off, I'd need to go through all the code and sort it out into those categories, and not assume that something that is in another category is actually going to be in effect. This is what I'm talking about when I say it'll take a while. The entire mod will need to be restructured to accommodate being able to just turn off large sections of it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

because of your interest, relevance, your answers; Most importantly, many thanks for your beautiful mods. I especially liked your greenhouse, enemies, clock modes. You have a unique wall item in Warfare mode. (I think it belongs to the old version) but I think it looks much nicer and nicer. it was very creative. not being able to use it makes me very sad.

Return to “Bob's mods”