[0.12.x][v0.12.11] Bob's Warfare mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Should new alien artifacts be used in new ammo recipes?

Poll ended at Wed May 13, 2015 12:43 am

No, leave the recipes more or less as they are
12%
Yes, Use coloured alien artifacts directly in ammo recipes
12%
Yes, Use coloured alien artifacts to make a new intermediate item, of which is used in new ammo recipes
76%

Total votes: 17

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.5] Bob's Warefare mod

Post by bobingabout »

Although I am using the function properly as intended... Because of the issues with treefarm, and having no response on the bug report I poosted over there, I am likely going to fix this issue myself in 0.12.2. I am working on other things though so it will most likely be weekend when it is released.

The fix for now though, open up info.json in Treefarm AC mod and on the dependancies line add "? bobwarfare" to the list.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

How to get science pack 4 for lastest tank technologies - from bobtech? You still working with bobtech mod?

And wish for warfare mod - new types of walls, more strudy walls like in dytech before - the walls from sand or from tungsten
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If you have bobtech installed, some things need science pack 4 to research. if it isn't, they need alien science pack instead.

To get Science pack 4, research the Advanced Lab.

Also, there is one new wall type, re-inforced concrete wall. It's purple.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:If you have bobtech installed, some things need science pack 4 to research. if it isn't, they need alien science pack instead.

I have bobtech installed but i'm cannot find this new 2 labs - which techologies i need to research to open them?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:If you have bobtech installed, some things need science pack 4 to research. if it isn't, they need alien science pack instead.

I have bobtech installed but i'm cannot find this new 2 labs - which techologies i need to research to open them?
Yes, research them. Fairly sure the research is named "Advanced research", and it unlocks the Advanced lab, and Science pack 4.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You mentioned some tech for sniper turrets for damage upgrades. Is it already in or it's something you have planned for future release?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:

Yes, research them. Fairly sure the research is named "Advanced research", and it unlocks the Advanced lab, and Science pack 4.
Okey i finally found this technology - now i saw that i'll need many quartz with cobalt XD

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I'm almost afraid to ask - we are expecting a big hunt for getting new types artifacts? I fear my base will feel big suffer XD

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote:You mentioned some tech for sniper turrets for damage upgrades. Is it already in or it's something you have planned for future release?
Planned. I've programmed it, but it's not released yet.
aklesey1 wrote:I'm almost afraid to ask - we are expecting a big hunt for getting new types artifacts? I fear my base will feel big suffer XD
The enemies will bring them to you. Kill a bigger+ green alien, and it will drop green artifacts, same with Red, Yellow and Purple. Orange drops from big+ spitters and Blue from big+ bitters.
Of course you can go hunting and collect them from the stronger nests, but, it would be better to set up a huge defence on a polution line and let the enemies bring them to you. Then you just go collect them every now and then.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:
orzelek wrote:You mentioned some tech for sniper turrets for damage upgrades. Is it already in or it's something you have planned for future release?
Planned. I've programmed it, but it's not released yet.
aklesey1 wrote:I'm almost afraid to ask - we are expecting a big hunt for getting new types artifacts? I fear my base will feel big suffer XD
The enemies will bring them to you. Kill a bigger+ green alien, and it will drop green artifacts, same with Red, Yellow and Purple. Orange drops from big+ spitters and Blue from big+ bitters.
Of course you can go hunting and collect them from the stronger nests, but, it would be better to set up a huge defence on a polution line and let the enemies bring them to you. Then you just go collect them every now and then.
I'm sorry but what ammo uses sniper rifle? It can use new types of ammo?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Forgot to ask too - any changes for combat robots are planing? You already changed the tanks and exoskeleton with power armor? so may be you'll do some uprgrade for combat robots as it was in dytech?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:I'm sorry but what ammo uses sniper rifle? It can use new types of ammo?
Sniper rifle currently uses "Bullet" type ammo, which is the same as the base game's hand gun and SMG and my Rifle.
aklesey1 wrote:Forgot to ask too - any changes for combat robots are planing? You already changed the tanks and exoskeleton with power armor? so may be you'll do some uprgrade for combat robots as it was in dytech?
I don't know what DyTech did. But I did have plans (Don't know when I'll get around to doing them) to completely restructure the combat robot tree. This is one of the few things I was going to re-write the base game stuff rather than just add to it.

The plan was to make it so you make a combat robot from a flying robot frame, and some extra parts. Then you can make a combat robot capsule from the robot, and extra parts. To make the next tier capsule would require upgrading the combat robot (not capsule) to the next tier robot, then making a capsule from however many robots are in a capsule. I think Distractors have 3. And then Destroyers have 5. From there I was going to add another tier or more of combat robots with their own capsules.

I can't remember if I added them to be usable or not, but I made a land mine that deploys a destractor robot, and a power suit module that "shoots" them too. I think I added the research to be able to unlock the Mine, but not the power suit module.

So a "Combat Robot gun" is something I could add, if I made combat robots (that go in capsules) an ammo type. The only problem with that is that those that follow the player crash the game on creation, so anything that creates a robot as a weapon needs to use only robots that don't follow the player at the moment.(Like the Distractor)
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:I'm sorry but what ammo uses sniper rifle? It can use new types of ammo?
Sniper rifle currently uses "Bullet" type ammo, which is the same as the base game's hand gun and SMG and my Rifle.
aklesey1 wrote:Forgot to ask too - any changes for combat robots are planing? You already changed the tanks and exoskeleton with power armor? so may be you'll do some uprgrade for combat robots as it was in dytech?
I don't know what DyTech did. But I did have plans (Don't know when I'll get around to doing them) to completely restructure the combat robot tree. This is one of the few things I was going to re-write the base game stuff rather than just add to it.

The plan was to make it so you make a combat robot from a flying robot frame, and some extra parts. Then you can make a combat robot capsule from the robot, and extra parts. To make the next tier capsule would require upgrading the combat robot (not capsule) to the next tier robot, then making a capsule from however many robots are in a capsule. I think Distractors have 3. And then Destroyers have 5. From there I was going to add another tier or more of combat robots with their own capsules.

I can't remember if I added them to be usable or not, but I made a land mine that deploys a destractor robot, and a power suit module that "shoots" them too. I think I added the research to be able to unlock the Mine, but not the power suit module.

So a "Combat Robot gun" is something I could add, if I made combat robots (that go in capsules) an ammo type. The only problem with that is that those that follow the player crash the game on creation, so anything that creates a robot as a weapon needs to use only robots that don't follow the player at the moment.(Like the Distractor)
Will you use ceramic or ceramic bearing? As i remember ceramic bearing is nor using now in any chain, so have you plans for ceramics in future?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:

Will you use ceramic or ceramic bearing? As i remember ceramic bearing is nor using now in any chain, so have you plans for ceramics in future?
... I thought I had used it, but I can't think of anything I have used it for...

I think it was going to be used in the production of higher tier engine units, maybe even a higher tier steam engine. So I may end up using it when I get around to making higher tier tanks... and probably go back and edit the trains in the logistics mod to use the new engine.
I also have a Patreon.

F-W
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.2] Bob's Warfare mod

Post by F-W »

Just for fun) ;)

Behemoth biter vs Bob's Gun Turrets.

Behemoth biter is now the most powerful enemy in the game. It has 5000 hp, physical damage reduction 8 and physical damage resistant 20%. Seems a lot, but even vanilla game turrets could managed him. It's all because upgrades of turret damage, bullet damage and bullet shooting speed works together. But Bob's mods add new tiers of turrets, and more advanced ammo. How fast the single turret could kill Behemoth biter with all upgrades?

Mk5 Gun Turret has damage bonus +260%, range 20 and shooting speed 30/c.
Overall upgrade bonuses are: +120% bullet damage, +120% turret damage, and 160% shooting speed.

This mod also changes standard bullet damage:
regular ammo: 4 physical damage
armor - piercing ammo: 4 physical damage + 2 piercing damage
and adds some advanced ammo with 15 (!!!) physical damage. :shock:

Let's do some math)

I make some tests and find, that for some reason in current version of factorio, one of two damage bonuses applys after the previous one, not related to base. It means, total damage of regular ammo after applying effect of one upgrade will be 4*2.2=8.8 , but with the second upgrade it will be 8.8*2.2=19.36 (not 13.6). And turret damage bonus multiply this whole number once more...

So, what about our damage per shot?

With regular ammo Mk5 turret will deal 19.36*3.6 = 69.696 damage per shot!
With regular AP-ammo 69.696 physical and 34.848 piercing damage per shot.
And with advanced ammo 72.6*3.6 = 261.36 damage per shot... 0_____________0

And for shooting speed... Well, with base shooting speed 30/c and +160% upgrade, technically, it must be 78 shot per second. But the game speed is 60 ticks per second, so i'm not shure, if it possible to shoot faster than 60/c.

I think, behemoth biter is very doomed!

-with basic ammo this turret will deal to biter 48.35 damage per shot, and 3771.3 damage per second! :D )))) Why more advanced ammo? Why? )))
-with AP-ammo damage will be 48.35+32.84 = 81.19 damage per shot! 6332.82 damage per second! He will die in less than 1 second.
- and for advanced ammo - 202.68 damage per shot, and 15 809.66 damage per second. He will die instantly))))) If the game will not crush for the reason of such immense shooting speed)))

Well, yes. This turrets a really not OP. At all. :D )))

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.2] Bob's Warfare mod

Post by bobingabout »

Fairly sure if the shooting speed is more than once per tick, it only fires once per tick. we've seen similar reports of issues with massive productivity boost that would give you 300 ore per second in an ore miner only giving 60.

But I think you're right that I may need to revisit turrets. They encourage turret creeping, instead of using your own weapons.

Also note that the values here are all doubled, or quadrupled for lasers compared to how they used to be in 0.11 due to the changes in the base game to counter the change in turret size. I just doubled, or quadrupled my turret values to match, the only ones I changed were sniper turrets, because of mentions of them being overpowered.
I also have a Patreon.

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.3] Bob's Warfare mod

Post by crysanja »

i tried youre bullets today =) they are great.
however they use alot of wood/syn wood - its kind of insane =) - one mag 5 wood.
this kind of killed my circuid production lol - maybe you could change it a little? =)

the use of gunmetal is high too, however its not so bad as with the wood.

the damage with the sniperrilfe is realy high Oo
spawners die to 1-2 hits, depending on big or small spawner. feels a bit too strong.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I have considered flat out removing the sniper rifle... but don't forget that although it may do a lot of damage up front (This was recently reduced) the delay between shots brings the DPS pretty close to the other weapons.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'd agree on the wood :D
New crude refining helps with getting more heavy oil to wood - circuits already eat a lot and making even mediocre ammo amounts will require a lot more.

mtadd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mtadd »

Here's a stab at having Bob's Warfare interoperate with the autofill mod to have the upgraded
gun turrets also autofill in the same manner as the base gun turret. Make sure autofill mod has
loaded before the following code is executed.

Code: Select all

-- control.lua for Bob's Warfare to enable Autofill for bullet turrets
require "defines"

game.on_init(function()
    initAutofill(game.player.name)
end)

game.on_event(defines.events.on_player_created, function(event)
  local player = game.get_player(event.player_index)
  initAutofill(player.name)
end)

function initAutofill(username) 
  if remote.interfaces.af then
      local turretFillset = {priority=1, group="turrets", limits= {10}, "ammo-bullets"}
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-gun-turret-2",turretFillset)
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-gun-turret-3",turretFillset)
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-gun-turret-4",turretFillset)
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-gun-turret-5",turretFillset)
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-sniper-turret-1",turretFillset)
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-sniper-turret-2",turretFillset)
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-sniper-turret-3",turretFillset)
  end
end

Return to “Bob's mods”