[0.12.x][v0.12.11] Bob's Warfare mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Should new alien artifacts be used in new ammo recipes?

Poll ended at Wed May 13, 2015 12:43 am

No, leave the recipes more or less as they are
12%
Yes, Use coloured alien artifacts directly in ammo recipes
12%
Yes, Use coloured alien artifacts to make a new intermediate item, of which is used in new ammo recipes
76%

Total votes: 17

Regallion
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.11] Bob's Warfare mod

Post by Regallion »

Can you explain the point of high-tier solar equipment?
For example, solar panel mk4, produces 40 kw of energy ONLY during the day, and requires processor units to be manufactured, on top of all the mats for lower tier version.
16 of those produce 16*40=640 kw.
Compared to that a basic fusion reactor, which is an electronic circuits tier lower, requires less research, and costs way less materials, produces 750KW for the same space. And it does so at night too. Please give me a use case for high-tier solar panels, i can't seem to find one.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I wasn't going to bother, but basically, people asked for it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Have you considered buffing them to workable values? :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

When you have a minute take a look at personal defences - it seems that base game one changed (listed damage is 20) and your Mk2 has much lower damage now.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote:When you have a minute take a look at personal defences - it seems that base game one changed (listed damage is 20) and your Mk2 has much lower damage now.
personal laser defence has a damage multiplier of 1, and projectile laser, which does 5 damage, therefore according to everything I can see, it does 5 damage.
My MK2 uses a coloured laser projectile, but it still does 5 damage, with a multiplier of 1.5, doing 7.5 damage.

If it is doing 20 damage, perhaps there's some kind of modifier being applied to the base game's laser defence, that isn't being applied to mine?
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bobingabout wrote:
orzelek wrote:When you have a minute take a look at personal defences - it seems that base game one changed (listed damage is 20) and your Mk2 has much lower damage now.
personal laser defence has a damage multiplier of 1, and projectile laser, which does 5 damage, therefore according to everything I can see, it does 5 damage.
My MK2 uses a coloured laser projectile, but it still does 5 damage, with a multiplier of 1.5, doing 7.5 damage.

If it is doing 20 damage, perhaps there's some kind of modifier being applied to the base game's laser defence, that isn't being applied to mine?
Tbh I was going on information from tooltips. I have quite a few other mods but only bobwarefare is listed as modifying that item.
And I found the reason - it's modified by Modular Armor mod and the modifications display is confused and not showing it properly.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

orzelek wrote:
bobingabout wrote:

Tbh I was going on information from tooltips. I have quite a few other mods but only bobwarefare is listed as modifying that item.
And I found the reason - it's modified by Modular Armor mod and the modifications display is confused and not showing it properly.
Those mods aren't really rated as compatable yet. I mean, you end up with multiple versions of some items, I have no idea which copies overwrite which ones, and overall its a mess.

Also, unlike the other global modifications, Personal Laser turret damage is only altered manualy.

Edit:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4896&start=150#p181187
Given this, I suppose that I ought to ask for permission, even though the addon mod for Modular Armor I am working on is primarily intended for use with Bobs mod.
----
I would like permission to use/Alter Art assets, and code from Bob' Warfare Mod, for use in the Modular Armor Bob Addon Mod I am working on. It is intended to alter Equipment to act like the current equipment in Modular Armor as well as add corresponding tiers of the various equipment added by Modular armor itself.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Suggestion:
Can you alter the equipment names to follow Vanilla standards? That is,
"fusion-reactor-equipment-4"
to
"fusion-reactor-mk4-equipment"

As batteries and shields do? The lack of consistency is kinda frustrating.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Suggestion:
Can you alter the equipment names to follow Vanilla standards? That is,
"fusion-reactor-equipment-4"
to
"fusion-reactor-mk4-equipment"

As batteries and shields do? The lack of consistency is kinda frustrating.
"fusion-reactor-equipment-4" is actually more consistant with everything else in the game, for example "assembling-machine-2"
It's only the shield and battery that have this strange naming scheme.

If anything, I'd rename the batteries and shields etc. to the more standard convention, but I didn't want to break the base game, so left those 2 as the only exceptions.
I also have a Patreon.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Really? Odd. I used that as the convention for all equipment myself. Since I never added anything tiered other than equipment, I never noticed.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Sabrewulf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sabrewulf »

Bob can u post the upgraded radars atributes?, object upgrades are hard too know if i need at actual map situation if the the atributes are hidden

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Warfare mod

Post by Neemys »

some page earlier :
Neemys wrote:RSO radar : 28 (6)

Bob :
MK2 : 16 (5)
MK3 : 18 (7)
MK4 : 20 (9)
MK5 : 22 (11)
Number in parenthesis are the area all the time revealed. The other number is how far the radar will reveal chunk over time.

RSO radar reveal a little area all the time but scan chunk farthest than bob one.
Bob radar reveal all the time more area.

If you use radar to scan new chunk to find ore. RSO radar is the one you need.
If you use radar to keep chunk of the map all the time revealed (bitter surveillance for exemple). Use bob.
bobingabout wrote:[...]
Also, the default [radar] consumes 300kW, and mine consume 150kW more power per level... the amount of power needed to perform a scan remains constant, so the extra power means it scans faster, so a MK3 is twice the speed of MK1, and MK5 is 3 times.
[...]
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

getting error:

"EntityPrototype Unknown key:"entity-name.controled-bob-robot-tank" doesn't have an order string and there is no item to place it.

don't know if it's this mod specifically that does it, but I assume since this coveres tanks?
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

diongham wrote:getting error:

"EntityPrototype Unknown key:"entity-name.controled-bob-robot-tank" doesn't have an order string and there is no item to place it.

don't know if it's this mod specifically that does it, but I assume since this coveres tanks?
Are you using any other mods with this?

"bob-robot-tank" is an entity added by the warfare mod, but "controled"? no, there is nothing named "controled-bob-robot-tank" in any of my mods, if there was it would be named "bob-controlled-robot-tank", not only with bob in front, but without the spelling mistake. Also, the bob-robot-tank does have an item that places it.

And after updating to the latest version of factorio to double check, no errors on my end.
I also have a Patreon.

madtulip
Inserter
Inserter

Post by madtulip »

Would somebody be so nice to shed some light regarding the different attack sidekicks in bobs mod?

There is
- "robotic attack drone"
and
- "defender capsule", "distractor capsule", "destroyer capsule", "laser robot capsule".

Do they all count against the "follower robot count"?
Do they all benefit from "combat robot damage" tech?
Do the tank upgrades buff the "robotic attack drone"?
Are there other upgrades that buff any of them?

Thanks for the info.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

madtulip wrote:Would somebody be so nice to shed some light regarding the different attack sidekicks in bobs mod?

There is
- "robotic attack drone"
and
- "defender capsule", "distractor capsule", "destroyer capsule", "laser robot capsule".

Do they all count against the "follower robot count"?
Do they all benefit from "combat robot damage" tech?
Do the tank upgrades buff the "robotic attack drone"?
Are there other upgrades that buff any of them?

Thanks for the info.
All the capsule based robots are buffed by the tech, and (except distractor) count towards the follower count.

Robotic attack drone is a separate thing, it doesn't count towards the follower limit, but might be buffed by the damage technology, I'm not certain.
I also have a Patreon.

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

(Probably) Bug ( but really small ) report - i have two different Armor crafting 3 research. One vanilla, one bobwarfare

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Berkys32 wrote:(Probably) Bug ( but really small ) report - i have two different Armor crafting 3 research. One vanilla, one bobwarfare
Not a bug, but I have been thinking of fixing that...
but yes, the vanilla one is for the modular armor, and mine is for what is effectively armor MK3. what I really want to do is rename the vanilla 3 to something else, but at the same time I don't want to break other mods that might use it, and I can't just rename it via locale.

The only other solution is to name mine as 4, so the standard armor chains go 1, 2, 4, 5.
I also have a Patreon.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

I love the gatling gun, but really shouldn't it be called a minigun?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

google gatling gun, get this image: http://img.wallpaperfolder.com/f/4DC392 ... utiful.jpg
google minigun, get this image: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qtI_bHZra1w/maxresdefault.jpg

I think they're basically the same thing. though, I'm not sure how you could call that beast of a weapon a mini anything.

I think the main difference is that a gatling gun is usually mounted, where a minigun is hand held. Since the weapon in my mod is mounted on a tank, assuming my distinction of the 2 is accurate, gatling would be more correct.

Trivia: I first encountered such a thing in Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, a game I modded heavily.

Further research basically says that both "Gatling gun" and "Minigun" were names of a very specific model of weapon... based on the same design... so either is fair game really. In fact the Minigun Wikipedia artical states that it was based on the Gatling gun design.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”