[0.12.x][v0.12.11] Bob's Warfare mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Should new alien artifacts be used in new ammo recipes?

Poll ended at Wed May 13, 2015 12:43 am

No, leave the recipes more or less as they are
12%
Yes, Use coloured alien artifacts directly in ammo recipes
12%
Yes, Use coloured alien artifacts to make a new intermediate item, of which is used in new ammo recipes
76%

Total votes: 17

DjTeo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.9] Bob's Warfare mod

Post by DjTeo »

I dont know where to post this, but the euipments of power armor seems unbalanced. I wont talk about it I know its difficult to balance things.
But I think the exoskeletons needed power its too small, only 3kW-mk2 , 4kW-mk3 , but the original is 20KW, maybe someone forgot about the zero!

And I must mention that if you have 10 exoskeleton-mk3 you can pass through one tile buildings like 1 tile wide wall, if you have 20-21 exoskeleton-mk3 you can pass through 2-tile wide wall or stone furnaces and just, if you have 30 exoskeleton-mk-3 (its max with one reactor) sometimes you can pass through assembly machines. :!: :D

P.S. Havent test all the equipments if have the right power needed.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DjTeo wrote:But I think the exoskeletons needed power its too small, only 3kW-mk2 , 4kW-mk3 , but the original is 20KW, maybe someone forgot about the zero!
If these figures are true, then I did likely miss a zero off there. oops.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Rhayvin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rhayvin »

Only a minor suggestion but I think for reinforced walls the recipe should be altered to use the first type of stone wall since basically the better wall just adds steel sheets to them and also would keep me from having a chest full of stone-walls with no use other than as cannon fodder

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

If I want to use this mod and dependencies, but no electronics logistics etc, what ores are safe to turn off? I think though I'm not 100% sure, I can get away with only lead, tin, gems, and zinc?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

That's a tough question actually. pretty much everything is used somewhere. no Electronics mod might make the crafting of electronics a lot simpler, but it doesn't mean you can't do without the silicon, it's used to make ceramics, which are used by this mod(From memory, Armor, and Tanks), and also to make solar panels in the power mod.

Also... I think the way I've configured it, it's an "Or" system, so you can turn on the optional ores, but can't easily turn off the ones that the mods turn on by default.
I also have a Patreon.

Seldion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Seldion »

I know this tread has been dead for some time, I don't mean to bump it or anything and I know that probably this has been asked so many times but I can not seem to find a answer any where, Will you make this a simple stand alone, with out having to need the complicated stuff from your other mods?

I play with your bob's Enemies mod, right now I can advance very quickly where its not a problem not having your defenses but in order to do so I have to pollute a lot, I advance fast enough where its not a problem until near end game where they are nearly invincible to everything, I even have a huge layered mine field, tons of laser and gun turrets, I even have a rocket turret mod that slows them down and a force field mods but eventually They get thought and my outposts just don't stand a chance, so is there any way to make this a stand alone mod with just a ton of research and resources required to make them?

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Seldion wrote:..stuff about being standalone..
Umm.. it already is, isnt it? The only listed dependancy in the first post is the library mod. So install it by itself if thats what you want

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

It needs ores (I mean bob just said this on this page?) and intermediaries in order to process those ores.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Electronics requires the ores/mci because it doesnt make sense without them. Warfare will use default electronics or if you install bobs electronics it will use that.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Go back a couple of pages (not sure where exactly) and someone wrote a 3rd party version of this mod that is stand alone.

The main reason why this mod initially had MCI as a requirement, was because of the nitrogen chain to make the nitroglycerin in the new ammos, and then as the mod built up, since it already required MCI, I didn't write in any of the checks and exceptions to not require MCI.

If I were going to make a version with checks to not require MCI, then I'd probably make nitroglycerine from Sulfuric Acid, rather than Acid mix, removing the need for the nitrogen chain, and then do similar checks that I did in other mods to not require the other new materials.

Some of the others that are mentioned... MCI doesn't explicitly need ores mod, it just doesn't make sense to not have ores, because there's no where to get most of the new materials from.
Electronics can be used stand alone, but without the new materials from MCI, it doesn't add all that much additional complexity, and probably ends up making things easier, not harder.
I also have a Patreon.

Seldion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Seldion »

When ever I put in ICM it always gives me a error when starting stating it can not find one of the Gems or metals that bob's ores adds to the game.

This is why I though you needed bob's ores for the mod, I just reinstalled the mods and I still get the error.

"Error in assignID, recipe with 'sort-gem-ores' does not exist"

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Seldion wrote:"Error in assignID, recipe with 'sort-gem-ores' does not exist"
That's the name of a recipe that shouldn't be enabled by default anyway. So either you've changed the settings, or you may be using an old mod.

Please make sure that you have the latest versions of my mods, and if you do, can you provide any extra information?
I also have a Patreon.

ritonlajoie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ritonlajoie »

Hi

We just finished a multiplayer game. I think there might be an issue of desync with the combat drone. When we create one, we have desync (sometimes). Also when they go on belts, it desyncs.
Good mod though, great work, thank you !

Seldion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Seldion »

I am using Bob's Plates 12.9, I just downloaded it and inserted it into my mods folder, I will try and reinstall all my mods tho and see if that is the problem.

Did what I said above and still having the problem, Where can I go to disable said object.

Edit: I found the problem, it was a out of date lib or config mod, they where 2 versions behind, Sorry for the trouble.

Juggla
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Juggla »

Hello!

Recently downloaded a mob-pack from Arumba's "Bobs Mods and more" series. It included this warfare mod that is giving me an error on game load. "_bobwarfare_/data.lua:51: _bobwarfare_/prototypes/technology/tank.lua:1: attempt to index firled 'tanks' (a nil value)" I checked to make sure it was sthe most update version and it was. I even removed the mod and re-downloaded it from this thread just to be double sure. Still getting the same error. Thanks for your help :)
~Jugg

Edit: Figured out that you either have to remove or edit peacemod. It conflicts with tons of bob's stuff :) cheers!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I'm glad that you've managed to solve the issues.
I also have a Patreon.

Stregone
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stregone »

What all is included in this mod? I see people talking about a lot of stuff that isn't mentioned or even hinted at in the OP.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Stregone wrote:What all is included in this mod? I see people talking about a lot of stuff that isn't mentioned or even hinted at in the OP.
Original post is vastly out of date, and is in need of updating.

Short list though...
Better ammo for bullets, shotgun and rockets
better tanks, with a new gun type: Artillery.
some additional weapons, including the new laser weapon type.
better gun and laser turrets, with new sniper turret.
Upgraded versions of pretty much all equipment for use in the modular power armor.
oh, and new armors too (regular and modular power armors)

and maybe others.

I've updated the first post to have this short list.
I also have a Patreon.

Stregone
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stregone »

bobingabout wrote:
Stregone wrote:What all is included in this mod? I see people talking about a lot of stuff that isn't mentioned or even hinted at in the OP.
Original post is vastly out of date, and is in need of updating.

Short list though...
Better ammo for bullets, shotgun and rockets
better tanks, with a new gun type: Artillery.
some additional weapons, including the new laser weapon type.
better gun and laser turrets, with new sniper turret.
Upgraded versions of pretty much all equipment for use in the modular power armor.
oh, and new armors too (regular and modular power armors)

and maybe others.

I've updated the first post to have this short list.
Sweet, thanks.

WhatTheDuck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatTheDuck »

Is the warfare mod pointless without MCI?
You wrote only libary is required, but can i build all the things without mci?
I play with a friend natural evolution + bobs enemies and its very hard with the basic defense turrets, so i changed some stats by myself. I would prefer your warfare mod, but i dont want all of your ores, thats to much for me ^^.

Thx for your help : )

Return to “Bob's mods”