[0.12.x][v0.12.11] Bob's Warfare mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Should new alien artifacts be used in new ammo recipes?

Poll ended at Wed May 13, 2015 12:43 am

No, leave the recipes more or less as they are
12%
Yes, Use coloured alien artifacts directly in ammo recipes
12%
Yes, Use coloured alien artifacts to make a new intermediate item, of which is used in new ammo recipes
76%

Total votes: 17

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.3] Bob's Warfare mod

Post by Darloth »

I think the recent range nerf to sniper turrets is perhaps too much.

Nowadays they barely outrange other turret options, at least for me.

Maybe 30, 35, 42 would be good numbers?

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

hmm mine do just fine with 28 range.
just a line of mk1 sniper turrents can stop nearly anything.

i would suggest more like a range nerf, that you have more reason to upgrade them to mk2/3 =)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Considering the range of a MK1 sniper turret is the same range as a MK1 laser turret, and a MK3 sniper turret is the same as a MK5 laser turret... I'll increase the range by 5 for every tier.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

NorNogaAdmin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NorNogaAdmin »

too bad you can not have a miss factor... regular guns miss .05% of the time, snipers miss 15% of the time... imho, that would be more balancing than anything else....
00110001 00100000 01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01101101 01100101

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Think I've found a minor bug in technology definitions:
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Boogieman14 wrote:Think I've found a minor bug in technology definitions:
The tech tree is as intended, Armor crafting 1 to 4 should craft regular armor, the Fork at 3 (the base game's version of 3) should be Modular Armor Crafting, but I can't rename it without completely removing it and creating a new one, which would mean also redefining the requirements on the 7 technologies it unlocks.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.4] Bob's Warfare mod

Post by aklesey1 »

ANy news or ideas about new combat robots and their productin chain - flying robot frames and and new engines with using your materials - titan, invar and nitinol?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Kayser
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kayser »

Would you consider implementing autofill (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =92&t=1612) support for your ammo and turrets? (Of course, only if autofill mod is installed). I think there is an API inside that mod for use.

Katran
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Katran »

Bob's Warfare mod conflicts with mocombat mod in section hand laser weapons.

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

hmm - i thought about the sniper turrets/rifle
maybe a solution would be to make it ineffective againt spawners.

the idea is to make a new damage type for the sniper weapons.
all living things become the same defence as it is now, however buildings and maybe worms get a very high damage resistence against it.(something like 10|95%)

destroying a building with a gun is kind of crazy, but with a slow fireing rifle even more, =)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

crysanja wrote:hmm - i thought about the sniper turrets/rifle

all living things become the same defence as it is now, however buildings and maybe worms get a very high damage resistence against it.(something like 10|95%)

destroying a building with a gun is kind of crazy, but with a slow fireing rifle even more, =)
It's not quite a building though, it's a giant organic lump. I changed the health of my biters to be bigger in the last version of bobenemies.
In any case, I can't change the damage type for a specific weapon, the damage type is specified by the ammo, and I went with the same ammo type as most other guns, the "bullet" catagory.
Katran wrote:Bob's Warfare mod conflicts with mocombat mod in section hand laser weapons.
Conflicts how? The game won't load if they're both installed, or they just intefere with each other?
I also have a Patreon.

Kayser
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kayser »

bobingabout wrote:

It's not quite a building though, it's a giant organic lump. I changed the health of my biters to be bigger in the last version of bobenemies.
In any case, I can't change the damage type for a specific weapon, the damage type is specified by the ammo, and I went with the same ammo type as most other guns, the "bullet" catagory.
Maybe spawners should be immune to physical/piercing damage then. I wouldn't mind using a flame thrower, whilst keeping biters off me with turrets.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Kayser wrote:
bobingabout wrote:

Maybe spawners should be immune to physical/piercing damage then. I wouldn't mind using a flame thrower, whilst keeping biters off me with turrets.
You are forgetting that at first you might need to kill spawner while having only physical ammo. And with whole mod pack that might be a longer while since factory is more complex for green science for piercing ammo (still mostly physical there) and specialized ammo requires a lot more.

Katran
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Katran »

bobingabout wrote:Conflicts how? The game won't load if they're both installed, or they just intefere with each other?
In studies of two techniques of manual laser weapons.
11.png
11.png (102.5 KiB) Viewed 7703 times
22.png
22.png (216.71 KiB) Viewed 7703 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Katran wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Conflicts how? The game won't load if they're both installed, or they just intefere with each other?
In studies of two techniques of manual laser weapons.
I wouldn't really call that conflicting. in fact I'd probably go to the other extreme and say they work side by side without any conflicts at all, there's just no intergration between the 2. If they were conflicting with each other, that would mean that either my version or his couldn't be used because the other breaks it.

The only real issue that I can think of, does the ammo from one mod work on the weapons from the other? If this is the case, the upgrade research would effect each others weapons, and effectively have ultra-powerful laser weapons.

Now, I could possibly have a look at mocombat and see if I could make the 2 more easilly work together, but if I were going to do that, it would probably be best I re-write my whole weapons system. From what I hear he also uses different ammo for gun turrets than to portable weapons, that would be an issue to re-write for.
I also have a Patreon.

Kayser
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kayser »

orzelek wrote:
Kayser wrote:
bobingabout wrote:

You are forgetting that at first you might need to kill spawner while having only physical ammo. And with whole mod pack that might be a longer while since factory is more complex for green science for piercing ammo (still mostly physical there) and specialized ammo requires a lot more.
I didn't say it would be easy. You would just have to expand in another direction then until you had enough to get laser tower, grenades, flame thrower, or tank. (Or, you could add a simpler fire weapon to red sience tier; like a Molotov cocktail or a torch (hack with fire damage.))

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

mtadd wrote:Here's a stab at having Bob's Warfare interoperate with the autofill mod to have the upgraded
gun turrets also autofill in the same manner as the base gun turret.
Very nice

- I added a for loop with an ipairs
- Then it works for multiplayer too.

Code: Select all

-- control.lua for Bob's Warfare to enable Autofill for bullet turrets
require "defines"

game.on_init(function()
    for index,player in ipairs(game.players) do
      initAutofill(player.name)
  end
end
)

game.on_event(defines.events.on_player_created, function(event)
  local player = game.get_player(event.player_index)
  initAutofill(player.name)
end)

function initAutofill(username) 
  if remote.interfaces.af then
      local turretFillset = {priority=1, group="turrets", limits= {10}, "ammo-bullets"}
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-gun-turret-2",turretFillset)
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-gun-turret-3",turretFillset)
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-gun-turret-4",turretFillset)
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-gun-turret-5",turretFillset)
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-sniper-turret-1",turretFillset)
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-sniper-turret-2",turretFillset)
      remote.call("af","insertset",username,"bob-sniper-turret-3",turretFillset)
  end
end
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

bouncebag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bouncebag »

error on startup:

__bobwarfare__/data.lua:1__bobwarfare__/config.lua:15 attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)
I'm guessing it is easily fixable. any ideas? running latest experimental version of Factorio.

Referencing HeilTec's autofill addon. I put it in bobwarfare config.lua

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

bouncebag wrote:error on startup:

__bobwarfare__/data.lua:1__bobwarfare__/config.lua:15 attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)
I'm guessing it is easily fixable. any ideas? running latest experimental version of Factorio.

Referencing HeilTec's autofill addon. I put it in bobwarfare config.lua
I looked into the issue before reading that you added that yourself. I was going to say, not only is there no line 15, but the error doesn't make sense, because I wouldn't try and access the runtime variable "game" in a data setup file.

Read his instructions on how to set it up again, he said he put it in "control.lua", which is an ingame scripting file, not a data setup file. that is a file that doesn't exist in my mod.
I also have a Patreon.

bouncebag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bouncebag »

I placed it at the bottom of the config.lua file infile path: bobwarfare_0.12.4.zip/bobwarfare_0.12.4/config.lua
I could do a work around and add them to autofill itself, but that would make this mod a dependency for autofill then.

Return to “Bob's mods”