[0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Enemies Mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

The 6th damage type (Orange) should

Poll ended at Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:58 am

Stay as Impact
23%
Change to Electric
77%

Total votes: 13

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.2] Bob's Enemies Mod

Post by bobingabout »

if you change the recipe, you'll have to use the command: /c game.player.force.resetrecipes()
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

killwort wrote:Deconstructing bubblegum takes too much time and distracts construction drones from more important task not to mention putting them in danger. Maybe something like attack drones from weapons mod could be modded even more to collect that stuff and return to base periodically?
Precisely, it means I have to manually do it, would be nice to automate it with a dedicated bot, though something like attack drones that have to go back to recharge would be nice to have them also head back to drop off drops they pick up. Though I am more in the camp of liking more specific-purpose bots that way they cannot get distracted. :-)

Pandamonium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pandamonium »

Hi Bob,

I've just started playing your mods after seeing it here.

I'm a little lost when it comes to the multi coloured alien artifacts, what are they used for?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You can use them in the Warefare mod to make upgraded personal equipment. I will add more uses later.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You might want to look into spawning rules for those new big turrets.

When I was playing around with integration in RSO default spawning would drop only tons of explosive ones I think. Other types were not spawning.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

They've changed the spawning rules for things I think... I still need to figure out what they've done before I can fix it.
I also have a Patreon.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.3] Bob's Enemies Mod

Post by Degraine »

I thought the fact that I was finding nothing but big explosive worms when I went hunting was odd. Was this fixed in the latest version?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Degraine wrote:I thought the fact that I was finding nothing but big explosive worms when I went hunting was odd. Was this fixed in the latest version?
Tbh I looked at it and couldn't figure it out. It was almost like one entity would take priority and displace all others.
Only thing I managed to fix was base spawner in RSO - it's capable of using all the worm types now.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I've gone from not seeing any of my worms at all, to seeing some bases with no worms, and others nothing but worms, without changing anything... I think it's just the RNG being a bit too random for our tastes.
I also have a Patreon.

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

something funny.

biters fighting each other !
guess it happens when an aoe from a spitter hits another spitter/biter.
does not happen that often, but i have seen it.

i have seen small artifact drops near biter spawners which i couldnt have killed. not sure how this happens, dont have more info about it either - sorry.

think the highest biters are fire ones now. my mk2 shield do ok-ish - i run into my mk1 laser towers for safety. (thouse might be too strong, because they do ok against fire biters, you will know better then me =) )

request:
i would like another blueprint, which only collects artifacts and does not deconstruct anything - not sure if its possible, but it would be very nice.

derberherbert
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by derberherbert »

When I set

EnableSmallArtifacts=false

I get an error at start: 'small-alien-artifact-yellow' was not recognized if of item

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

crysanja wrote:i have seen small artifact drops near biter spawners which i couldnt have killed. not sure how this happens, dont have more info about it either - sorry.
Spawned aliens have a lifespan - when they reach their age limit, they die, and unfortunately the drops still happen, despite it not being a violent death, so small artifacts will inevitably build up around spawners.

I wrote myself a small bit of code to delete those drops if there isn't an entity of the player force within a certain radius, which seems to have fixed the problem while the devs are busy with other stuff.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

derberherbert wrote:When I set

EnableSmallArtifacts=false

I get an error at start: 'small-alien-artifact-yellow' was not recognized if of item
Looks like there's a fail in the latest addition: Behemoth spitter loot checks. Biter too, but it's the spitter that causes the reported error.
I also have a Patreon.

Noobier
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.4] Bob's Enemies Mod

Post by Noobier »

I get this error when starting um factorio. Why is this?

[img]factorioerror.jpg[/img]
Attachments
factorioerror.jpg
factorioerror.jpg (130.56 KiB) Viewed 6746 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Noobier wrote:I get this error when starting um factorio. Why is this?
Line 406 in my mod is

Code: Select all

percent = 25,
so we're obviously not working with the same version of the mod.
I checked the line I would think would have that enemydyingsound line (Which looks suspiciously like 0.11 code) and I have

Code: Select all

dying_sound = make_biter_dying_sounds(1.0),
My advice: Make sure you're using the latest version of my mod(s). This is 0.12.4.
I also have a Patreon.

Noobier
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Noobier »

Thank you for the quick response. I had an old version of you mod downloaded. After I got all the new ones it works finde.
Maybe you could provide an all in one version in the forums to prevent version vonflicts.

Thank you for the help.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Noobier wrote:Maybe you could provide an all in one version in the forums to prevent version conflicts.
it has come up before. the short answer is, I could provide a package that you have to extract, but that's about it. having an all inclusive package with the mods as is that you can just put in the mods folder and run isn't supported, and creating a single all inclusive mod is way too much work, it would require a lot of rewriting. (All the graphics and sounds for example require you to tell it what mod is it in)

Basically... if something doesn't work, check to see if there is an update for it, if that doesn't work, then tell me. Because if there are problems, either I have already fixed them, will soon, or don't know about them.
I also have a Patreon.

CyberDragon7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.5] Bob's Enemies Mod

Post by CyberDragon7 »

i am a noob when it comes to changing configs on files, i found the txt files where i can change the small alien artifacts to false but i don't know how to save it so that it works as intended - stops small alien artifacts from spawning. so how can i disable the small alien artifacts correctly/save the changes correctly?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

First, the mod should be extracted into a folder with files, not remain in the archive file.
Then you open config.lua in some form of text editor, Wordpad works. Find the line that mentions the small artifacts, and change the word true to false. all lower case letters just like that.
Save the file over the old one, and exit. when you load the game, there should be no more small artifacts.
I also have a Patreon.

CyberDragon7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CyberDragon7 »

bobingabout wrote:First, the mod should be extracted into a folder with files, not remain in the archive file.
Then you open config.lua in some form of text editor, Wordpad works. Find the line that mentions the small artifacts, and change the word true to false. all lower case letters just like that.
Save the file over the old one, and exit. when you load the game, there should be no more small artifacts.
Thank you very much! no more small alien artifacts :D

Return to “Bob's mods”