Ore Generation issue

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Ore Generation issue

Post by Xeteth »

Hey there,

I've just installed a whole bunch of mods to enhance my Factorio experience and add a whole lot of new content. I've gone for the few big packs out there as well as a couple of smaller ones.

The issue is the ores from either bobs ores or dytech don't seem to be generating correctly - they are not appearing in 'patches' rather just single 1x1 units. Is this meant to happen?

For my ore gen settings I basically used normal frequency, large size and very rich. I have tried using the default and other settings but cant seem to get the ores to generate properly.

Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

I am using version Factorio_0.11.14.13240 at the moment and the installed mods are:
  • bobassembly_0.1.8
  • bobores_0.6.3
  • bobplates_0.7.7
  • CORE-DyTech-Core_1.1.1
  • FARL_0.1.7
  • MAIN-DyTech-Machine_1.0.1
  • MAIN-DyTech-Power_1.0.0
  • MAIN-DyTech-War_1.0.0
  • Treefarm-AC_0.1.3
  • Treefarm-Lite_0.1.3
  • UraniumPower_0.5.1
Is there something I've done wrong or am I using an incompatible version or something?

Any help is much appreciated, cheers!

Edit: If anyone out there has all these mods installed and they are all working in harmony I'd appreciate if you could post which versions you are using so I could grab them :)

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Ore Generation issue

Post by cpy »

Dytech changed a lot of things, so i think trying to disable dytech first and generate map with same MExS.

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeteth »

cpy wrote:Dytech changed a lot of things, so i think trying to disable dytech first and generate map with same MExS.
Excuse my ignorance - what do you mean by MExS?

I tried disabling DyTech and generating the world however then I miss out on some of the stuff DyTech adds (specifically the metallurgy ones I think)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DyTech has recently re-written his whole mod set.

DyTech purposely spawns these 1x1 patchs of ores, to try and make things difficult.

if you notice, Rutile (the purple ore) is one of mine, and spawns correctly.

My mods look for DyTech's older mods, and overide DyTech's settings to use my ore spawning settings. I havn't released an update for most of my mods for quite some time, due to not currently being in active developement, as a result, my ores mod is NOT overiding DyTech's crazy low ore settings.

A simple fix would be to open up info.json in the bobsores folder (or zip) and change the line as follows

Code: Select all

"dependencies": ["base >= 0.11.0", "? DyTech-Metallurgy", "? F-mod"]
to

Code: Select all

"dependencies": ["base >= 0.11.0", "? DyTech-Metallurgy", "? F-mod", "? CORE-DyTech-Core"]
this SHOULD force my mod to load after DyTech's mod, and overide his ore generation rules with my own.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeteth »

I'll give that a go - thanks so much for your help!

Return to “Bob's mods”