Hydrogen Chloride

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Moneyone2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Hydrogen Chloride

Post by Moneyone2 »

I have a question for all of you . should it be possible to vent Hydrogen Chloride with a gas venting pump? Ive been trying to in my world but it wont let me, but will allow me to vent the sup parts.

thanks
Moneyone2

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Hydrogen Chloride

Post by bobingabout »

Moneyone2 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:10 am
I have a question for all of you . should it be possible to vent Hydrogen Chloride with a gas venting pump? Ive been trying to in my world but it wont let me, but will allow me to vent the sup parts.

thanks
Moneyone2
The main reason for the vent even existing is to give you a way to get rid of excess BASE gasses.
The relationship between Nitrogen, Oxygen, Hydrogen and Chlorine is that they're all tied to each other, in that order, the one's next to each other. You can't produce one without also producing one of the others next to it.
Therefore, you need to be able to vent these 4 specific gasses.
Sulfur Dioxide and Hydrogen Sulfide are also byproduct gasses, created when intending to produce something else, and if you do actually want the Hydrogen sulfide from sour gas, Petroleum Gas is a byproduct.

That's why all 7 of those gasses are on the Vent list, all of them are produced when also producing something else.

Hydrogen Chloride on the other, is something you have to make intentionally, by combining 2 of the other gasses, and that's the only way to make it. It's never a byproduct and only used in a few of recipes, Tungstic acid, Ferric Chloride and Calcium Chloride. In theory, you make it as you need it. It shouldn't be something you ever need to vent.

If you do require to vent it for any other reason, let me know, I could be convinced to add it.
Just as long as it doesn't lead to arguments like... Hydrogen Chloride is ventable, why can't I vent Ammonia, or Hydrogen peroxide, or Hydrazine? (Hydrazine is a high end fluid fuel, used to make rocket fuel in BobRevamp)

Side note: Steam and Deuterium are also ventable, but none of the other gasses. In theory these 2 are base gasses too, You can't make Deuterium without Oxygen, so could be considered an Oxygen byproduct, but Deuterium is too valuable to vent.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”