[0.18] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by bobingabout »

ptx0 wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:22 pm
we play without bobmodules usually because they are too overpowered - the defaults seem way out of whack, are raw really enabled by default?

like many others, i feel they would be better balanced as they are by Seablock, so that the top 8th tier is slightly less powerful than a tier 3 vanilla module. this would make it a more gradual progression curve and help avoid the problems of overpowered productivity modules. why are there extra beacons at all? they aren't a UPS sink, right?

but when playing without bob modules, there is an off balance in the consumption of sodium hydroxide and there is no way to dispose of it. this is worse when playing with bobrevamp, bobtech, and bobelectronics but not bobmodules because the main sink of NaOH I now realise on our current playthrough (WITH bobmodules) is the module cases.

so to me now there is no point in playing without the bobmodules because otherwise the balance is incredibly thrown off, but with the bobmodules, play through progression feels wrong.
in all honesty... Modules is probably due for an overhaul. The Science system it uses was an experiment, and I no longer like it, and the degree of control you have over changing the stats is a bit limited.
Further, it's basically the same as it was in 0.12, the only updates it's received over the years is just to make it work in newer versions.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Bobs_Water_Pumpjack.png
Bobs_Water_Pumpjack.png (165.55 KiB) Viewed 4108 times
Am I doing something wrong? Can't seem to place this.

EDIT: added the mod water well as a work around for now/

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

MakeItGraphic wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:41 am
Bobs_Water_Pumpjack.png

use the Pump. not Pumpjack.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:23 am
Bobs_Water_Pumpjack.png

oh, i feel dumb it means it literally the water pump jeeze ok thanks

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:34 am
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:23 am
Bobs_Water_Pumpjack.png

oh, i feel dumb it means it literally the water pump jeeze ok thanks
Yeah, basically the "Water pump", the water bore or whatever else I've renamed it to over the years... gains a recipe to create water from nothing when you turn that setting on. This is how it used to be before the patch of water resource, and people complained when I removed it, so I added it back in as an option.
I also have a Patreon.

Xnl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xnl »

bobingabout wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:37 pm
Xnl wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:42 am
I noticed bug in rendering splitter tier 1 orientated to north. It's moving sprite of main part of splitter past its bondary.
I just tested this myself, it works fine for me.
what version of the game/mod are you running, and could you be using another mod that replaces the graphic?

Also I noticed this is the low-res version, so I had to change my settings to test it.
I'm playing in version 0.18.8 and with mod (Bob's Logistics Basic Belt Reskin) that reskin to lighter version from Kirazy. Also in changelog it was desribed as depricated, but I wasn't noticed until now. I changed to not depricated one (Bob's Logistics Basic Belt Reskin) and nothing changed for this splitter bug. What helped: when i changed sprite resolution to high or disable reskin mod. So problem lies in that reskin mod.

Updated: Now, in high resolution with reskin mod, pop out different bug: at west-looking basic splitter down part of the sprite is moving up-down leaving a grey gap.
Attachments
screen02.png
screen02.png (52.71 KiB) Viewed 4078 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 am
Updated: Now, in high resolution with reskin mod, pop out different bug: at west-looking basic splitter down part of the sprite is moving up-down leaving a grey gap.
does it look like part of the belt to you? that's what it looks like to me, I'm confused.
I also have a Patreon.

Xnl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xnl »

There is video example of bug
Attachments
simplescreenrecorder-2020-02-24_14.26.55.mp4
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 99 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:31 am
what the...

Looking at it side by side with my graphics... that's not my graphics, the one you're having troubles with is a lot whiter than mine.

are you using a graphics pack?
I also have a Patreon.

Xnl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xnl »

Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:47 pm
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:31 am
what the...

Looking at it side by side with my graphics... that's not my graphics, the one you're having troubles with is a lot whiter than mine.

are you using a graphics pack?
Yes, I mention that there:
So, I summon kirazy if there is not separate thread

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

I lurk this thread, so I'm looking into it.

Edit: Is fixed. The dangers of copy pasting code and then not testing splitters by running items through them...

abcnever
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by abcnever »

I just started a new save after 0.18 was released. And this time I'm doing a bobs mod only run instead of angels + bobs. I also had the mod "nuclear fuel" in my previous run.

Then it appeared to me that even though nuclear rocket fuel exists in my current save but there isn't any recipe to make it. I enabled "nuclear fuel" mod again and the nuclear rocket fuel recipe came back. Is it intended that nuclear rocket fuel recipe is not available for bobs mod? I saw in FNEI that MCI and revamp mods touched the nuclear rocket fuel item itself so it must not be intended that the recipe is missing right?

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

abcnever wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 pm
I just started a new save after 0.18 was released. And this time I'm doing a bobs mod only run instead of angels + bobs. I also had the mod "nuclear fuel" in my previous run.

Then it appeared to me that even though nuclear rocket fuel exists in my current save but there isn't any recipe to make it. I enabled "nuclear fuel" mod again and the nuclear rocket fuel recipe came back. Is it intended that nuclear rocket fuel recipe is not available for bobs mod? I saw in FNEI that MCI and revamp mods touched the nuclear rocket fuel item itself so it must not be intended that the recipe is missing right?
You don't see this recipe in-game with just Bob's mods?

abcnever
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by abcnever »

kirazy wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:39 pm

I will get a screen shot when im off work :)

abcnever
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by abcnever »

Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:45 pm

my bad. apparently https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Nuclear%20Fuel removes kovarex enrichment process when installed, which is hilarious, cuz it doesn't add it back in after disabling it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:33 am
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:45 pm

my bad. apparently https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Nuclear%20Fuel removes kovarex enrichment process when installed, which is hilarious, cuz it doesn't add it back in after disabling it.
I also find it funny how my icons look crisp and clean, but the base game icons look like a blurry mess. especially the uranium, it's just a green splotch.
I also have a Patreon.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

FWIW, seablock recently disabled nuclear fuel from their pack. Now that bob has his new plutonium processes integrated there is just no reason to use it with bobs. Plus having two different plutonium recipes and different recipes at the same time is just weird. :)

Bob, I have to say that I really prefer your recipes and structure here. Thanks for doing such a great job.

There has been some discussion over at angel if they should nerf fusion catalyst and deuterium because they have chosen to make thorium really hard to obtain, but thats an angels balance issue, not any problem with pure bobs ratios or setup.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:44 pm
I also find it funny how my icons look crisp and clean, but the base game icons look like a blurry mess. especially the uranium, it's just a green splotch.
I don't think they've actually made high res icons in most cases, just resized a 32x image to a 64x image with the expectation they'll go back through and make proper icons at some point.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:19 pm
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:44 pm
I don't think they've actually made high res icons in most cases, just resized a 32x image to a 64x image with the expectation they'll go back through and make proper icons at some point.
Yeah, I do actually have the higher res version of Iron plate, because I got it from where they got it from.
Same with Petroleum Gas

The only ones they have actually done are the ores.
I also have a Patreon.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

I have an odd question.

I have been using symlinks for mods. And bobassembly_0.17.7.zip is the only mod out of the 40 I have that won't load in Factorio.
BobAssembly.PNG
BobAssembly.PNG (46.17 KiB) Viewed 3898 times

EDIT: see for comparison
ModExample002.PNG
ModExample002.PNG (259.86 KiB) Viewed 3898 times
EDIT: this is something wrong with factorio, I tried a hard copy and it wont load. Went to download a new copy from in-game portal it "downloaded" but just said click to install again.

Had to download it again from the mod site manually, I think this is just my computer being screwy/corrupting random files. Both files were the same size.

Return to β€œBob's mods”