Bob mods very in purpose as Dytech

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Bob mods very in purpose as Dytech

Post by aklesey1 »

1) Your mods have modular system like dytech and sometimes can be used can be used separately
2) Your mods functionally perform the same functions as the Dytech
3) I think your mods can be compared with cartmen overhaul too

So i have questions about content in your mods

1) Can you add pumpjacks begining from MK1 to MK5 like now in dytech, and pumps for water, like pumps in water bore technology now
2) Can you add furnances begining from MK1 to MK5 like now in Dytech? and may be upgrades for chemical and metal mixing furnances
3) Can you add gem or jewel processing because we cannot produce modules from bob mods without Dytech gem processing
4) Can you add storage tanks for luquids (oil, water, hydrogen, oxygen, sulfuric acid and another) from MK1 to M5 like now in dytech
With using bob ores
That's what I'd like to see, that's changes will have these changes will have a practical application for gameplay in your another mods if you'll do as another mods

Items 5 and 6 are not as important as above

5) May be some kind of warfare mod with using bob ores
6) Cleaning water (because in real life the water is not always clean), and cleaning bob ores like cleaning in Youki industries mod (if author willn't add this option in his mod before you)
I think for electronics override we can use treefarm, for me its not so hard in using
You did big work and i very like your mods (new trains, new inserters, electrolyzers, assemblers) and dytech, but your mods are a little bit more realistic, may be i can say hardcore - like cartmen overhaul mod, so bob mods can replace dytech not for all but for many things

What's your opinion?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bob mods very in purpose as Dytech

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:1) Can you add pumpjacks begining from MK1 to MK5 like now in dytech, and pumps for water, like pumps in water bore technology now
Maybe. I was going to add mining drills in a mining mod, pumpjacks would be a good addition too. The pumps would be in Logistics if I added them, but I wasn't sure if I should when I was making the logistics mod.
aklesey1 wrote:2) Can you add furnances begining from MK1 to MK5 like now in Dytech? and may be upgrades for chemical and metal mixing furnances
Furnaces are a bit strange in my mod, because of my 2 other types of furnace being added. Also because of Stone and Steel, I consider the Electric furnace a MK3 to begin with.
Progression from there would be with the Multi-purpose furnace. I will admit there is a bit of a gap in progression here though, it needs another step between the speed 2 furnaces (Electric, Electric mixing, and Electric Chemical) to Multipurpose.
aklesey1 wrote:3) Can you add gem or jewel processing because we cannot produce modules from bob mods without Dytech gem processing
If you don't have DyTech installed that adds the Gems, the recipe uses Alien Artifacts instead.
aklesey1 wrote:4) Can you add storage tanks for luquids (oil, water, hydrogen, oxygen, sulfuric acid and another) from MK1 to M5 like now in dytech
With using bob ores
the original being MK1, I add upto MK4 in the Logistics mod.
aklesey1 wrote:5) May be some kind of warfare mod with using bob ores
Warfare mod is in the making.
aklesey1 wrote:6) Cleaning water (because in real life the water is not always clean), and cleaning bob ores like cleaning in Youki industries mod (if author willn't add this option in his mod before you)
I did consider something like this, but creating distilled water before you can use it for Electrolysis seemed a little high on the difficulty, considering Electrolysis was supposed to be a relatively low end technology.
aklesey1 wrote:I think for electronics override we can use treefarm, for me its not so hard in using
Yeah... It is useful to have treefarm, but I am looking into alternatives for that though.
aklesey1 wrote:You did big work and i very like your mods (new trains, new inserters, electrolyzers, assemblers) and dytech, but your mods are a little bit more realistic, may be i can say hardcore - like cartmen overhaul mod, so bob mods can replace dytech not for all but for many things
The original aim when I started out was basically to provide more realistic alternatives for Dytech's "lava magic". I have been working on making it effectively a stand alone set of mods since then.

But yeah, thanks for the comments :3
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlphaRaptor »

bobingabout wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:1) Can you add pumpjacks begining from MK1 to MK5 like now in dytech, and pumps for water, like pumps in water bore technology now
Maybe. I was going to add mining drills in a mining mod, pumpjacks would be a good addition too. The pumps would be in Logistics if I added them, but I wasn't sure if I should when I was making the logistics mod.
aklesey1 wrote:2) Can you add furnances begining from MK1 to MK5 like now in Dytech? and may be upgrades for chemical and metal mixing furnances
Furnaces are a bit strange in my mod, because of my 2 other types of furnace being added. Also because of Stone and Steel, I consider the Electric furnace a MK3 to begin with.
Progression from there would be with the Multi-purpose furnace. I will admit there is a bit of a gap in progression here though, it needs another step between the speed 2 furnaces (Electric, Electric mixing, and Electric Chemical) to Multipurpose.
aklesey1 wrote:3) Can you add gem or jewel processing because we cannot produce modules from bob mods without Dytech gem processing
If you don't have DyTech installed that adds the Gems, the recipe uses Alien Artifacts instead.
aklesey1 wrote:4) Can you add storage tanks for luquids (oil, water, hydrogen, oxygen, sulfuric acid and another) from MK1 to M5 like now in dytech
With using bob ores
the original being MK1, I add upto MK4 in the Logistics mod.
aklesey1 wrote:5) May be some kind of warfare mod with using bob ores
Warfare mod is in the making.
aklesey1 wrote:6) Cleaning water (because in real life the water is not always clean), and cleaning bob ores like cleaning in Youki industries mod (if author willn't add this option in his mod before you)
I did consider something like this, but creating distilled water before you can use it for Electrolysis seemed a little high on the difficulty, considering Electrolysis was supposed to be a relatively low end technology.
aklesey1 wrote:I think for electronics override we can use treefarm, for me its not so hard in using
Yeah... It is useful to have treefarm, but I am looking into alternatives for that though.
aklesey1 wrote:You did big work and i very like your mods (new trains, new inserters, electrolyzers, assemblers) and dytech, but your mods are a little bit more realistic, may be i can say hardcore - like cartmen overhaul mod, so bob mods can replace dytech not for all but for many things
The original aim when I started out was basically to provide more realistic alternatives for Dytech's "lava magic". I have been working on making it effectively a stand alone set of mods since then.

But yeah, thanks for the comments :3
I cant wait :o
I'm so excited :lol:
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I had some new question for future using of content in your mods
This recipies haven't sign to which mod they belong in version 0.11.1, so i can mistaking may be some from dytech, but in version 0.11.7 i can see sign of mod belonging
1) Insulated wire - where to use - the recipe came long ago as I can remember from your electronics mod
2) Nitric acid - I read that nitric acid can be used in the food industry, where it will be used in future?
3) Ceramic bearing, in which stage it can be used& in early or in latest stages? ceramics are stronger than steel
4) Where to use copper-tungsten plates (may be its some augmentation from from dytech?) ?
5) Where to use tunsten carbide plate - there are already 2 recipes (may be its some augmentation from from dytech too?) ?
6) Do you know another methods to get chlorine not only from NaCl with evaporation of water?
7) Can we use another types of salts?
8) Is it possible to find a use for liquid nitrogen if it is already there as the gas? and compatibility with treefarm, second reason to unite with treefarm after electronic override mod
9) Is it possible to find a use fro limestone from cartmen mod - i asking because i'll investigate cartmen mod later - it has some intersting ideas
10) Why steel plate need only 2 iron plates when in original game we need 5 iron plates - i'm often playing with dytech and bob mods and don't now which mod changed this recipie
11) Li-ion battery - i'm already asked abour this, but want to know can i use this battery as simple accumulator?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:1) Insulated wire - where to use - the recipe came long ago as I can remember from your electronics mod
Modules mod, the beacon MK3 I think uses it. I did plan to use it more than I have.
aklesey1 wrote:2) Nitric acid - I read that nitric acid can be used in the food industry, where it will be used in future?
It will be used in the warefare mod.
aklesey1 wrote:3) Ceramic bearing, in which stage it can be used& in early or in latest stages? ceramics are stronger than steel
Later stages. Currently one item uses them in the plates mod. I'm not certain without looking it up but I think its a high end chemical lab.
EDIT: it isn't used in the chemical lab, nor electrolyser, I removed it to simplify the recipe. it might not be used anymore.
aklesey1 wrote:4) Where to use copper-tungsten plates (may be its some augmentation from from dytech?) ?
Originally it was added purely for DyTech compatability. I recently just added it to the v0.7.5 of MCI for the Multi-purpose Furnace MK2
aklesey1 wrote:5) Where to use tunsten carbide plate - there are already 2 recipes (may be its some augmentation from from dytech too?) ?
I havn't made the mod where I planned to use this yet. I added it to the latest version of assembly machines mod for the MK6 assembly machine.
aklesey1 wrote:6) Do you know another methods to get chlorine not only from NaCl with evaporation of water?
None that I used in my mod.
aklesey1 wrote:7) Can we use another types of salts?
Lithium based salts exist in my mod. Technically Sodium Hydroxide is also a salt.
aklesey1 wrote:8) Is it possible to find a use for liquid nitrogen if it is already there as the gas? and compatibility with treefarm, second reason to unite with treefarm after electronic override mod
I suppose I could add a Nitrogen to Liquid Nitrogen recipe if people would like it.
aklesey1 wrote:9) Is it possible to find a use fro limestone from cartmen mod - i asking because i'll investigate cartmen mod later - it has some intersting ideas
A lot of the recipes in my mod already should be using "Limestone", where I used Stone instead. At the time I looked into merging it with Yuoki mod's limestone, because his mod was popular. I suppose what I could do is make an overide check "if limestone exists, use that, else use stone"
aklesey1 wrote:10) Why steel plate need only 2 iron plates when in original game we need 5 iron plates - i'm often playing with dytech and bob mods and don't now which mod changed this recipie
Because basegame uses the method of "throw more and higher quantity of the same things at it to make it better" system in quite a few places, the use 5 iron to make 1 steel seemed like one of these cases to me, A method I was trying to move away from in favor of "throw similar ammounts of better things at it to make it better".
aklesey1 wrote:11) Li-ion battery - i'm already asked abour this, but want to know can i use this battery as simple accumulator?
Latest version of the power mod uses it for MK3 Accumulators. it is also used in the logistics mod for MK4 robots and roboports
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Today i looked into new dytech that was updated after jan 23
I don't want to offend anyone, but I think we need dytech logistics, dytech storage and dytech inserters again, because the dytech machines mod now consists of a tangle of many items like trains, inserters, belts, pipes and storage tanks which repeats many items from bob logistics
But i saw nice tendention - dysoch now using many alloys nad metals from bob mods excluding titan, nickel, invar and nitinoll (no offense please i could be wrong, because some in some places dytech mod replaces some items) but dytech uses cobalt, and this is cool

Now we have silver and tin processing with another icons, i noticed it today, but i must say may be i don't have last updates for bob mods, and I concluded that this is caused by changes from new dytech core mod, it's looks nice

So now questions for you bobingabout, question about compatibilty with new updated dytech, will your mods replace some items from dytech mod, concerning the logistics part of dytech machines mod

I'm planing to use bob mods and dytech together, both mods deserve to be used, because the authors did a great job ;)
Last edited by aklesey1 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I honestly don't know if there are any conflicts with the latest version of DyTech or not, I havn't played nor modded factorio since before christmas. I don't even check the forums every day right now.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:I honestly don't know if there are any conflicts with the latest version of DyTech or not, I havn't played nor modded factorio since before christmas. I don't even check the forums every day right now.
Chek the dytech machines mod when you have free time, and you can see what i'm talking about. I asked about replacing some items because it have place early and that was
convenient and logical and didn't create confusion

Dariel92
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dariel92 »

RU: я заметил что в списке требования для мода Bob's WarFare, Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates и Bob's Ores присутствует мод DyTech-Metallurgy, хотя такого мода уже давно как нет.
EN: I noticed that in the list of requirements for the fashion Bob's WarFare, Bob's Metals, Chemicals and solution intermediates and Bob's Ores is present mod DyTech-Metallurgy, although such fashion as not.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Is it possible to provide improved compatibility with other mods, typing in the game the option to disable the components in the same way as is done in dytech?
I regret that I have to return to the topic dytech mods? but i like to use your mods and dytech too

P. S. Sorry for lexical mistakes

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I'm having difficulty trying to understand what you're saying.

Warfare requires Plates (Metals, chemicals and intermediates) because it uses too many things to try and find suitable substitutes.
Ores has an OPTIONAL requirement of DyTech's mods to overite the ore fields that DyTech adds. This is purely an overide.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:I'm having difficulty trying to understand what you're saying.

Warfare requires Plates (Metals, chemicals and intermediates) because it uses too many things to try and find suitable substitutes.
Ores has an OPTIONAL requirement of DyTech's mods to overite the ore fields that DyTech adds. This is purely an overide.
Forgot to write - i wanted to edit config.lua file in boblogistics to disable some elements - i thinked i can do this as i can in dytech main.lua file in dytech machine mod, but i saw only ieroglyphics - I think it was a violation of encoding, because in dytech machine mod i can see the text normally in main.lua

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:I'm having difficulty trying to understand what you're saying.

Forgot to write - i wanted to edit config.lua file in boblogistics to disable some elements - i thinked i can do this as i can in dytech main.lua file in dytech machine mod, but i saw only ieroglyphics - I think it was a violation of encoding, because in dytech machine mod i can see the text normally in main.lua
what program did you use to open the file? It SHOULD just be plain text.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:

what program did you use to open the file? It SHOULD just be plain text.
WordPad and MS office word

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Out of curiosity I looked at 0.1.6 and file in question is a normal plain text file.
Usual windows encoding and standard text in it.

Try to get Notepad++ - both apps you mentioned are not really used for coding - they are not meant for it really.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Wordpad should work. (It's actually what I use, unless I'm debugging)
MS Office word will likely mess things up.
Notepad+ as recomended by Orzelek is also a good choice. (I use this when debugging)
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

How you look at the idea of using intermediate components from Dytech -
1) Frames - now it is used in recipes for Dytech storage tanksm middle and high level assemblers and in mining drills
2) Rotors - in recipies for Dytech mining drills and storage tanks
3) Capacitors - in recipies for dytech assemblers
I'm using only dytech core and dytech machines
Making the long chain of production - some people can say that's too boring, but dytech has cool ideas to make the gameplay so realistic
When i'm playing its nice too see synergy of good mods, so if main of your mod see the dytech is installed some recipies can be supplemented by dytech intermidiates - many recipies using raw resources from bob ores as start point of many chaines

Return to “Bob's mods”