[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by Kryzeth »

Hmm, something like that could be useful.. For now I've just gone into the mod and gutted all references to the gui to make it go away.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Kryzeth wrote:Hmm, something like that could be useful.. For now I've just gone into the mod and gutted all references to the gui to make it go away.
Just delete control.lua and it will go away. Well... you'd need to delete it if it already exists.
Though, control.lua also contains the valve rotation script to fix the fact that it's an underground pipe in disguise.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

bobingabout wrote: Just delete control.lua and it will go away.
Yeah.. I just assumed that there were other important things being done or that were used elsewhere in control.lua, so I didn't want to risk deleting the entire thing. Considering how many lines of code are still there after removing all gui stuff references, I'd be surprised if it didn't actually -do- anything D:

TzwenxD
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TzwenxD »

Hey i guys!
I got a few rockets in vanilla and wanted to try some mods, now im running my first game with bobs :)

and i noticed something i would like to talk about:

Red underground belts can now make 9 tiles underground distance.

To buff this is okay for me, i would do 6 for and 8 for blue, but thats a personal thing.
the other hand are the costs

yellow costs 3 plates/tile and 17.5 for an underground, makes 2,91 p/t
red cost 11.5 plates/tile and 57.5 for an underground, makes 5,23 p/t

so it would cost less then a half plates when u build underground belts for mid range transporting
i don't think thats a feature, so some balancing should be done here.
i'm courious for blue belts :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Well there is also faster and extremely fast belts too :) In the grand scheme of things Bob's endgame is a cakewalk compared to bob's early game.

MK V power armor filled with a few reactors and mostly shields means you can stand in the middle of a 100% evolution biter nest and not take damage :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Nexela wrote:MK V power armor filled with a few reactors and mostly shields means you can stand in the middle of a 100% evolution biter nest and not take damage :)
You should have seen what I had before rebalancing to the current setup >.> What you can do now with 20, originally could be done with only 3 or 4.
TzwenxD wrote:yellow costs 3 plates/tile and 17.5 for an underground, makes 2,91 p/t
red cost 11.5 plates/tile and 57.5 for an underground, makes 5,23 p/t
This is actually a case where I didn't consider cost per tile. then again, you have to also consider that the belt MIGHT be used to only tunnel one or 2 tiles, not the full distance. we really need the underground system to consume more than just the start and end pieces when placed, then it wouldn't need to try and cost the max range distance worth of resources up front. EG, you place the first piece, place the last, and if the distance from the first is 4 tiles away, it costs the second underground belt piece, plus another 3 standard belts. The cost to construct an underground belt would then need to be adjusted to be cheaper.
unfortunately, not a change I can really make, it MIGHT be possible with some scripting magic, but I can't think of how to handle both the construction, and removal costs properly.
I also have a Patreon.

TzwenxD
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TzwenxD »

bobingabout wrote: EG, you place the first piece, place the last, and if the distance from the first is 4 tiles away, it costs the second underground belt piece, plus another 3 standard belts. The cost to construct an underground belt would then need to be adjusted to be cheaper.
unfortunately, not a change I can really make, it MIGHT be possible with some scripting magic, but I can't think of how to handle both the construction, and removal costs properly.
I like the idea of calculating costs with the lenght, would be more realistic, but i see the see the scripting problem, at special there will be a problem with the braiding belts (wich i personally see as a glitch i do not use (in reagular))
for short handed, maybe adjust it to 75% of 11 belts (30-35 gears?) + tooltip info about underground length would be cool, found it out by missclicking

PS: Thanks for your work! Made me produce serios pasta again :)

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

I've been having a bit of trouble with getting gases to places with sufficient speed.
Now, granted, I'm playing with N. Tech Chemistry and marathon mod, but usually I can't get enough gas (e.g. hydrogen) through the pipes at once to support more than one or two chemical plants cracking light oil into petroleum gas (30 hydrogen req?).

How do I get enough through? Lots and lots of small pumps? No pumps? Steel pipes instead of plastic pipes?

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

Bizobinator wrote:I've been having a bit of trouble with getting gases to places with sufficient speed.
Now, granted, I'm playing with N. Tech Chemistry and marathon mod, but usually I can't get enough gas (e.g. hydrogen) through the pipes at once to support more than one or two chemical plants cracking light oil into petroleum gas (30 hydrogen req?).

How do I get enough through? Lots and lots of small pumps? No pumps? Steel pipes instead of plastic pipes?
i defer to bobingabout but will provide my two cents on this question. most likely one of two scenarios, assuming you have enough production to supply however many chemical plants are cracking light: (1) you have a product that's filling its buffer (e.g., inside a chem plant, a chest, etc.) somewhere in your production line that is backed up which caused things to slow down/stop (solution here is to increase consumption of that product), or (2) you have a break in your pipeline.

it takes more than 700 above ground tile-lengths of pipe for a fluid's flow rate to fall below 30 liters/second which is the flow rate you get after a small pump, and underground pipes count as only one tile-length for each end. (for context, most people will use trains for resource patches that are more than 500 tile-lengths away.) and you can go more than 350 lengths with flow rate staying at 60 liters per second or higher (which is the max flow rate of an offshore pump.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Hydrogen required for Cracking is not a Bob's mods thing... and I'll admit that 30 is pretty damn high.
All I can suggest if you are having flow issues is using the a small pump MK4 or something to push the fluids through faster. using more than 1 pipe to transmit said fluids might help too. Using large pipes like the plastic or ceramic pipe will allow more throughput, but because of the way the game works, has a terrible flow and will need the pumps to work properly. avoid copper and copper alloy (Bronze and Brass) pipes, as they have a smaller throughput.
I also have a Patreon.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

@bobingabout
When you have a spare moment, do you think possible to add circuit wire connectivity to titanium and tungsten chests?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Titanium and tungsten chests are added from shinybobs. I will post the patch for it there.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

Nexela wrote:Titanium and tungsten chests are added from shinybobs. I will post the patch for it there.
Ah okay - my bad, I didn't realize. Ty ty

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Bob, just noticed that your mk-2 logistic chests are missing the circuit connector sprite so the wire just "attaches" to some point on the chest.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

A question regarding vehicle grids - I know you haven't enabled them yet as you're still waiting to figure out how best to implement. Though is it possible to unlock them (i.e., so we can place the existing grid items in them) via either other mods (e.g., VehicleGrids)? I didn't see anythign in config.lua related to this so I thought there may be necessary changes to make in some other files? No worries if it not a simple tweak on my end, just thought I'd ask :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

iceman_1212 wrote:A question regarding vehicle grids - I know you haven't enabled them yet as you're still waiting to figure out how best to implement. Though is it possible to unlock them (i.e., so we can place the existing grid items in them) via either other mods (e.g., VehicleGrids)? I didn't see anythign in config.lua related to this so I thought there may be necessary changes to make in some other files? No worries if it not a simple tweak on my end, just thought I'd ask :)
What you'd need to do is look at how VehicleGrids adds equipment grids to vehicles, specifically in the grid definition what categories are listed. Then edit the vehicle grids in my mod to include those categories too.

However... ETA to Bob's Vehicle Equipment is.... within the next couple of hours :P
I also have a Patreon.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

bobingabout wrote:However... ETA to Bob's Vehicle Equipment is.... within the next couple of hours :P
Can't come soon enough!!!!!!! I am torn between restarting on a better map or continuing my current one.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

bobingabout wrote:
iceman_1212 wrote:However... ETA to Bob's Vehicle Equipment is.... within the next couple of hours :P
:o :shock: :o :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

And it's out.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Bobingab ... eequipment

Update to warfare mod too.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bobingabout wrote:And it's out.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Bobingab ... eequipment

Update to warfare mod too.
Yaaay.
Time for new game and a mod to add tech for personal defence upgrades :D
Unless you added techs already to upgrade electric type of ammo?

Return to “Bob's mods”