[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

Lukas0120
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by Lukas0120 »

How long does it take util programmeble inserters are out?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

as for configuration... I could probably have multiple shortcut keys, one that brings up the GUI, and others like the shift + R, Shift + N like Gotlag's side inserters.
5 Keybinds as I can see :P
Rotate
Near Far
Drop offset (see latest version of sideinserters)
1st tile, 2nd tile
GUI
I'm also thinking if I can have researchable technologies that open up more options, such as an unlock that lets you do diagonals, another that lets you do near side, and another that lets you do long, or extra long combinations.
Please include a config to disable some of these :)
Near side is also objective, as mentioned before, if you move the placement position to the right hand side... is near the upper side, or lower side of the belt? does it need to rotate the far and near sides so they're left and right? This is why a GUI is more useful, it lets you see exactly what it's doing while you're setting it up, at the very least, give you more options.
If you have show inserter option on it is easy to tell what your inserters are doing as you change them with hotkeys
I mean, if you allow diagonals, there are 8 pick up positions with a 1 reach, (if you assume the placement isn't in this range), but there are 16 pick up positions for 2 tiles away. do I just cycle through all of them? I would likely add an extra shortcut key to toggle long/short on the pickup position too.
yes, 1 hotkey to toggle between tiles, and 1 to rotate
I think at least I should still keep 2 different types of express inserter. The standard express inserter, and the long express, the long being able to be programmed with the more advanced options (even to serve the function of a standard express inserter if configured to do so), while the standard only had the 7 rotations (minus the 8th for drop) with near far. Now while N can toggle through near, standard, far and long (I can finally drop those names by the way), we'd probably want a button to toggle more than just direction for the pickup, a separate button for range. Perhaps Shift + L?
And then have something like SHIFT + P (for program) for the GUI?
Doesn't matter which hotkeys you use as after they are defined we can edit them with factorio settings menu

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Lukas0120 wrote:How long does it take until programmeble inserters are out?
When it's done.

I started tinkering with it last night, Starting with shortcut keys. Currently I have SHIFT + R to rotate input, and SHIFT + L to toggle normal/long input.

On top of that, Shift + R will rotate in 4 steps (including the placement side, so be careful not to actually leave it like that. this is important if you want to use a shuffle inserter, where it picks from a belt 1 tile in front, and places 2 tiles in front, etc)
Once "More inserters 1" research is complete, it will rotate in 8 steps (inc diagonals) instead of 4, or 16 steps for long. (Actually thinking I should have 2 levels of more inserters, so the first level allows 8 for long, and second 16 for long)
Once "Long inserters 1" research is complete, it will allow you to toggle Normal/Long range for the input.
If you're in one of the 2 to the X, 1 to the Y positions (or vica verca), then when you shift from long to normal range, it will automatically change to a valid position, favoring the X/Y axis, rather than diagonal.

The plan is also to have a range for the output, with SHIFT + N that will toggle between Near side of the belt, or Far side of the belt if "Near Inserters 1" is researched, or toggle from a 1 tile range, to a 2 tile range is "Long inserters 1" is researched. If both are researched, it will cycle through the 4 states.

Perhaps long inserters 2 research can allow 3 reach inserters too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi bob
How aboutanother versions of inserters in your mod:
1) standart near inserter
2) stackr near inserter
3) filter near stack inserter

Another suggestion
May be you can concoct the option to switch between near and far modes, it'll simplify naming of inserters and its counts
Another people did mods with programmable ineserters which had options to switch between near and far modes

How do you think are express inserters actual now if we have stack inserters

I very like this logistic mod, but it needs to some reformation, in particular we need new names for the inserters - figures instead of words?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:Hi bob
How aboutanother versions of inserters in your mod:
1) standart near inserter
2) stackr near inserter
3) filter near stack inserter

Another suggestion
May be you can concoct the option to switch between near and far modes, it'll simplify naming of inserters and its counts
Another people did mods with programmable ineserters which had options to switch between near and far modes

How do you think are express inserters actual now if we have stack inserters

I very like this logistic mod, but it needs to some reformation, in particular we need new names for the inserters - figures instead of words?
Umm... I'll just say... you should probably read the last 2 pages. I'm in the process of programming in programmable inserters right now, including the near/far mods.
once this is complete, I'll likely remove all of my inserters except the express inserter, and probably also add an express stack inserter. And express filter, and express stack filter, etc...
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I'm sorry Bob, may something wrong with my browser now, programmable inserter is very fine idea, i'll watch for this innovation in your mod ;) , just tell what mod are you going to take an example? as we can see we already have cursed PI mod, but its targeting on vanilla inserters and not add something fundamently new

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:I'm sorry Bob, may something wrong with my browser now, programmable inserter is very fine idea, i'll watch for this innovation in your mod ;) , just tell what mod are you going to take an example? as we can see we already have cursed PI mod, but its targeting on vanilla inserters and not add something fundamently new
The 2 main mods I've been looking at for inspiration are Cursed PI, and Gotlag's Side inserters mod.

Gotlag's uses shortcut keys rather than a GUI to change things on an inserter, and this is the aproach I've been looking at first.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Are u going to separate inserters from logistic mod? To prevent conflicts with other mods adding their inserters?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Well, I was planning to make it all just part of the Logistics mod, but that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

I've also been considering moving bots from both the logistics, and warfare mod into a new robots mod... I mean, the warfare mod currently makes use of the flying robot frames in the logistics mod if it's there.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:Well, I was planning to make it all just part of the Logistics mod, but that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

I've also been considering moving bots from both the logistics, and warfare mod into a new robots mod... I mean, the warfare mod currently makes use of the flying robot frames in the logistics mod if it's there.
Yeah, i remember you had some plans to expand warfare part of your mods system - create parts for combat robots, but i'll talk about this in respective topic later

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Not sure if this is the right sub mod but

[BUG] One Way valve pipe object rotates after every placement like underground pipe.... After placing about 50 of these I noticed it......... and the arrow is hard to see when placing vertical :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Nexela wrote:Not sure if this is the right sub mod but

[BUG] One Way valve pipe object rotates after every placement like underground pipe...
That's because it is an underground pipe!!!
I basically had 2 options for it, underground pipe (Specifying the underground fluid box connection as a normal one, then setting one to input, and one to output), or Storage tank (which, although would allow a wire to be connected, and a window to see what fluid is inside, displays a very large overlay for fluid icon when in information mode, and looks ugly, but otherwise just requires setting a fluid box to input, and the other to output, the same as the UGPipe)

Why not just a normal pipe? well, you can't rotate them at all, and they require an insane amount of graphics, they're a special case entity, lets just leave it at that.

There is probably a fix for this in scripting, but at the time I wanted to avoid scripts.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, I haven't decided what I'm going to do exactly yet, but, this is something for you to play around with untill then.

Bob's Inserters v0.13.0!!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g867rw6093ie5 ... 0.zip?dl=1
I'm not going to upload it to the mod portal untill I decide where I'm going with it.
V0.13.1!!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gfxo9sh3ybhx ... 1.zip?dl=1

This mod adds non-stack inserter stack size bonuses to inserter stack size bonus level 4 and 6, meaning when you research them all, you have a bonus of 4, total 5, just like before. (though I was thinking of creating a seperate tech for it instead)
Migration scripts should fix the count on existing games.

It also adds shortcut keys:
SHIFT + L to toggle input long/short, unlocked when you research long inserters 1 from logistics mod
SHIFT + R to rotate the input position. Defaults to 4 steps, and upgrades to 8 step for 1 reach, or 16 step for 2 reach if you research more inserters 1 from logistics mod. thinking T1 should be 8 way for all, then 16 way for T2.
SHIFT + N changes the output range between reach 1 or 2 if long inserters 1 is researched, near and far side if near inserters 1 is researched, or cycles through all 4 if both are researched.
SHIFT + LMB opens the GUI, you have more options than the shortcut keys in the GUI, including full output drop position control, and drop offset control, including no offset that places in the middle of a tile.

I tried to make it so that no matter what strange things you tried to tell it to do, including mixing shortcut keys and GUI control, that it wouldn't crash, and would probably do what you expected. If I failed, let me know.
I should also mention, that although the code was entirely 100% my own, I referenced CursedPI and GotLag's Side Inserters a fair bit, for the GUI and how to read/write inserter pickup/drop positions, and shortcut keys, I've done none of these things before. (Even the Clock GUI "Button" in the top left of the screen was originally written by Dentatus, a Friend of mine who didn't want to get involved with public modding)

Something that probably needs to be addressed is the arm size... it looks a little strange when you change a normal inserter to long, like the arm is pretty much laying on the ground.

The question is where to go next? should I intergrate this as part of the logistics mod? Should I remove all inserters from logistics, and add the express set in here? Just keep this as it is and re-work inserters in logistics? Move the part that changes the stacksize bonuses to logistics? the list goes on. Maybe I should do a poll?
I also have a Patreon.

cpw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by cpw »

Hey Bob, just wanted to remind you to remove the charging points from the zone extenders. It seems the bug that necessitated them is definitely fixed in 0.13. The charge rate is really bad so if they get a bot on them, then you lose your zone extensions :( I removed them manually myself, and nothing seems broken.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

cpw wrote:Hey Bob, just wanted to remind you to remove the charging points from the zone extenders.
I haven't forgotted, I've just been a bit too busy with the inserters mod to do it yet.
I also have a Patreon.

MtnDew
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MtnDew »

Love the inserter mod and other then a bug already known to you it has worked perfectly. I think it deserves it's own mod as you have it because even if people don't want any other part of this great set of mods. They will want this. :D

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

should I intergrate this as part of the logistics mod? Should I remove all inserters from logistics, and add the express set in here? Just keep this as it is and re-work inserters in logistics? Move the part that changes the stacksize bonuses to logistics?
I see 2 paths. 1 mod for all or split belts+inserters into 1 mod and bots into another logistics.

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

Also you have the name as "Adjustable Inserters" instead of "Bob's Adjusted Inserters".

Edit:
#2 Shift + LMB should be paste. I'd really prefer being able to Shift + RMB to copy an inserters position (and filter and whatnot) and then do Shift + LMB on multiple to copy those settings. I ended up doing Ctrl + LMB so that copy+paste works.
#3 It'd be nice to add an icon next to the Logistics and Circuit Network Icons so that you can get to it without a hotkey.
#4 - labels in the GUI to describe stuff would be nice (the little 3x3 on the right was confusing at first to figure out what it was doing)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Something that probably needs to be addressed is the arm size... it looks a little strange when you change a normal inserter to long, like the arm is pretty much laying on the ground.
Any thoughts to just limiting the second tile reach to just long inserters? Just checked the long inserter is only *slightly* longer then a regular inserter when extended to two tiles.

I Just got a chance to look through the code and of course it is typical Bob Awesomeness. Now to get it to play nice.
#2 Shift + LMB should be paste. I'd really prefer being able to Shift + RMB to copy an inserters position (and filter and whatnot) and then do Shift + LMB on multiple to copy those settings. I ended up doing Ctrl + LMB so that copy+paste works.
I agree, should be changed to ctrl-lmb as default to not overide default copy/paste hotkey

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

I don't know this is necessarily a "bug", but it appears that as long as you can see the inserter you can edit it's positions, no matter how far away from it you are. Not that it isn't neat, but since nothing else lets you have that kind of range out of the box.....

Return to “Bob's mods”