[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by Bizobinator »

Excellent set of mods! I'm still playing through my first time, but it's tons of fun.

I do have a quick question though about the pipes. Are they still set up to where small pipes go with thick liquids, & big pipes go with gas? It's different from real-world, where gases work alright in small pipes, & thick liquids work better in big pipes.

Also, what liquids are considered thick?

Thanks guys!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Bizobinator wrote:I do have a quick question though about the pipes. Are they still set up to where small pipes go with thick liquids, & big pipes go with gas? It's different from real-world, where gases work alright in small pipes, & thick liquids work better in big pipes.
It wasn't intentionally set up to function that way, that's just how the game engine seems to handle it, otherwise a storage tank, which is considered a really big pipe, would have things just flow through instantly, where instead they're actually a very slow moving system.

What are thick liquids? Crude oil, heavy oil, and Tungstic acid off the top of my head, everything else is either a gas, or a thin liquid. And due to the "unstable simulation" issues, I changed gasses to just have the same flow as normal fluids.

Alien fluids might be thick too, I can't remember.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello bob,

there seems to be some inconsistency with the logistic group.

Some inserters like the near fast inserter go to the vanilla logistics and some to yours.

I wouldn't mind if all your items go to the vanilla group for better overview.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

many people have differing opinions of what should go where, in fact most people tell me that I should actually move all inserters to a tab dedicated for inserters, or like I did with pipes, move all inserters to my tabs.
If I were to add a lot more inserters, then moving all inserters to an inserters tab wouldn't be such a bad idea. I'm thinking of things like 3 tile reach inserters, along with corner inserters, and faster smart inserters to go with it. that's a lot of inserters!

Actually, what goes where depends on your config options. if you turn off most of the inserter options, the express inserter is actually just placed in with the rest of the inserters. with some options on and others not, a second line is generated that mixes the smart, and express inserters on a single line in the logistics tab. it's only when everything is turned on that not only do smart inserters get their own line, but also express inserters, it's just that since this new express inserters line consists of things entirely from my mod, I place it on my logistics tab instead.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by bobingabout »

Logistics 0.12.8:
* Added mined sound to cargo wagons and locos.
* Added optional recipe update for Roboport.
* Roboport is removed from logistic and construction robot technologies if the recipe update is enabled.
* Added option to use flying robot frames or not.
* Added seperate robotics T2 to T4 research for researching the flying robot frames.
* Added the Robotics prerequisite Advanced electronics 2 -> Advanced electronics change from MCI
* Added config option to overide robots with reballanced stats (use config mod to change them)
* Added logistic chests MK2.
* Added one way valve (temp)
* Added Logistic/Construction robot brain/tool T1 to T4 intermediates for robot recipes
* Added Small Pump MK2 to MK4
* Updated Train resistances
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

oh, nuts, I've just noticed, not only did I miss off adding the new robot parts to the productivity filters, but there's also no check on the flying frames.

the flying frames part is a problem, because if the frames are turned off, and filters turned on, the game will crash on startup.

Anyway, question, what do you think of the new robot recipes?
I also have a Patreon.

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by noliVe »

i got an error

Code: Select all

_boblogistics_/data-updates.lua:68: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)
[v0.12.8]

3.810 Loading mod bobelectronics 0.12.6 (data-updates.lua)
4.121 Loading mod boblogistics 0.12.8 (data-updates.lua)
4.194 Error Util.cpp:58: __boblogistics__/data-updates.lua:68: bad argument #
1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)

EDIT.:

I SAW YOU MENTIONED IT EARLIER in your own post but. please fix it for the otheres

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

noliVe wrote: 4.194 Error Util.cpp:58: __boblogistics__/data-updates.lua:68: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)
Okay, this one I didn't expect....

data-updates, line 68 is...

table.insert(wagon.resistances, {type = "bob-pierce", decrease = 5, percent = 25})
it is related to adding a resistance to pierce damage if it exists to cargo wagons (which means it already successfully passed the locomotives code without error, which is almost identical).

The issue apears to basically be.... it is trying to add a resistance to a cargo wagon that doesn't have any resistances on it.

This could only be caused IF there is another mod that adds cargo wagons, where the wagon has no resistances, because the base game cargo-wagon does, as do the wagons in my mod.

I'm thinking I should just hard-specify my own wagons, instead of iterating through all of them.

I'll work on a fix, don't know when I'll release it, but hopefully in a day or two.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Supercheese wrote:Issue with Rail Tanker, perhaps...?
He didn't say what mods he was using, but if the rail tanker does not have any resistances set, then it would be causing the issue. but it could be any mod that adds rail carriages.
I also have a Patreon.

ncc1702
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ncc1702 »

I just did a quick test with my mod loadout and the removal of rail tanker solved the problem

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by noliVe »

im sorry only used all-pack bobmods and greenhouse.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.9] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by bobingabout »

Updated, give it a try now.

Logistics 0.12.9:
* fixed productivity filters, and includes new robot parts.
* fixed pierce damage insert to explicitly only add to base game and my trains
* Added valve locale entry
I also have a Patreon.

davidmm18
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by davidmm18 »

Will the logistic zone expander get its charge point removed soon or did that cause some kind of bug, as it still seems to have it. Or is it a config file option I missed?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I left it on mostly because of some strange behaviour when you take it off. I think most of that is fixed now though.
I also have a Patreon.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

bobingabout wrote:I left it on mostly because of some strange behaviour when you take it off. I think most of that is fixed now though.
I removed the slot since the update of factorio fix the problem with robot trying to recharge when no slot was on a building. It's a pretty big factory and no problem with extender that have 0 slot (I have a lot). The only problem I have is when there is no robochest/roboport/charging station in an area where extender is and robot try to cross that, they can't (no enough energy) and go back all the time to recharge (instead of continuing on low power (there is charging station on the other side, but not used). But it was a problem with my design (fixed now). So if you have experienced strange behavior, maybe I can help looking for it if you explain it ;)

I really want to be able to remove the slot from robochest, but from how the game work it will not be for now...
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

The inserters don't seem to have the correct Fast Replace options set. A fast long handed inserter overwrites a fast inserter.

I looked at the code, and it looks right, so I am unsure what is going on. I am using 12.9 at this time.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Tindrith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tindrith »

After updating to 0.12.8 or later the game throws an error on startup:

Error in assignID, item with name 'brass-pipe' does not exist.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

as for the fast replace... the long hand inseters all have the long hand inserter fast replace. the ones with a long in short out or vica verca all swap with the standard type inserter.

The brass pipe error? I'm not sure why it would do that, the only things I changed related to the brass pipe were to add the new small pumps, where a one of them uses brass pipe. And this should only be used if brass pipe exists.

the only time you should really get issues is if you remove bobplates while logistics, or one of my other mods that use brass pipes exist, because there's no migration script to remove these from the recipes.

Perhaos you could give more details as to how and when you get the error?
I also have a Patreon.

Tindrith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tindrith »

Found the error situated between chair and keyboard. :roll:

The boblibrary was 0.12.3 not 0.12.4.

Return to “Bob's mods”