[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by aklesey1 »

I've also been considering left and right side 90 degree inserters. If I did those, they would be limited to only Normal and maybe Long inserters, no near side, or long in short out combinations etc. They would be one of the variations themselves, which makes 12 in a set (left, long left, right and long right on top of the other 8).
How about addon for bob logistics mod which will add left and right 90 degree inserters with all types? I think it's now hard to release and addon will not be mandatory for players, but it will be really useful - i've seen similar addon for dytech on his forum - mod for the existing mod :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Bob friend!
idea

add to range more in mk2 mk3 mk4 mk5 to pipes
Attachments
2015-11-14_6-33-18.jpg
2015-11-14_6-33-18.jpg (103.41 KiB) Viewed 6674 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote:Bob friend!
idea

add to range more in mk2 mk3 mk4 mk5 to pipes
Have you tried the Tungsten pipes? They have a LOOONG range.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi Bob, thanks for your amazing mod and work! Your mod is just fantastic and makes the game so much more enjoyable that I can't stop playing it now :D

I've created a small extra addon to add few things that I wanted to have while playing the game with your mod and I can see some people are requesting you some of things I've personally added to my play creating an addon, like faster smart inserters or bigger chests. This is the first time I'm posting something like this. I do not own any of the content or anything like it. I've used things, like better radars from DyTech mod, it is a simple c+p of those radars that I loved but didn't want to get all the rest of DyTech mod, even thought it is a great mod too. Added few pics to some of your stuff too, like storage tanks as well as making them bigger to hold more gas/liquids. Reused your inserter files to created those faster smart inserters (not sure they may break someone's game if over used, like more than 1000 or so). Added two more types of chests, one made of titanium and another of tungsten, 80 and 160 storage space, with their logistic-chests counterpart too. Added replaceable poles with updated pics to see each type we've got on the ground and our inventory, making their upgrade a lot easier (goes from yellow (mk1), red (mk2), blue (mk3) and purple (mk4) for mediums and bigs poles).

Please, reuse anything you may like or find useful if you feel like it is worse inserting it in your mod or whatever. All yours! No need to credit me or anything like it. I won't be creating any post for this mod, as it is not a proper mod but a real addon for "Bob's mod", it won't work without your mod on its own. I won't be updating it or anything like it either. I just did it for fun and myself and I don't want to have all the pressure to have to update or do anything extra nor keep changelogs or anything like it. Not even in the mood to clean bad code or issues. I've just thought someone could enjoy adding it and having that extrachests/inserters like I first did :D

Keep up the good work and I can't wait for the next updates of Bob's mod! :D
Attachments
ExtraChests_stuff_0.0.4.zip
(4.74 MiB) Downloaded 240 times

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

qjm123 wrote:Hi Bob, thanks for your amazing mod and work! Your mod is just fantastic and makes the game so much more enjoyable that I can't stop playing it now :D

I've created a small extra addon to add few things that I wanted to have while playing the game with your mod and I can see some people are requesting you some of things I've personally added to my play creating an addon, like faster smart inserters or bigger chests. This is the first time I'm posting something like this. I do not own any of the content or anything like it. I've used things, like better radars from DyTech mod, it is a simple c+p of those radars that I loved but didn't want to get all the rest of DyTech mod, even thought it is a great mod too. Added few pics to some of your stuff too, like storage tanks as well as making them bigger to hold more gas/liquids. Reused your inserter files to created those faster smart inserters (not sure they may break someone's game if over used, like more than 1000 or so). Added two more types of chests, one made of titanium and another of tungsten, 80 and 160 storage space, with their logistic-chests counterpart too. Added replaceable poles with updated pics to see each type we've got on the ground and our inventory, making their upgrade a lot easier (goes from yellow (mk1), red (mk2), blue (mk3) and purple (mk4) for mediums and bigs poles).

Please, reuse anything you may like or find useful if you feel like it is worse inserting it in your mod or whatever. All yours! No need to credit me or anything like it. I won't be creating any post for this mod, as it is not a proper mod but a real addon for "Bob's mod", it won't work without your mod on its own. I won't be updating it or anything like it either. I just did it for fun and myself and I don't want to have all the pressure to have to update or do anything extra nor keep changelogs or anything like it. Not even in the mood to clean bad code or issues. I've just thought someone could enjoy adding it and having that extrachests/inserters like I first did :D

Keep up the good work and I can't wait for the next updates of Bob's mod! :D
Hi guys, just to let you know that I've actually updated this addon/mod and created a proper post here https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 30#p126230 for anyone who could be interested by it.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

First up, I do enjoy your mods :) So thanks for all the work. Is there any way to auto update the robots to higher tiers?
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Set up provider chests and smart inserter at your roboports? :P

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

Arch666Angel wrote:Set up provider chests and smart inserter at your roboports? :P
Wow, why did I never think of that?

Always wondered how I could make it more automated to upgrade my old bots. Never got the idea to just snatch them automatically from the ports. You justz need enough upgraded bots so that your slow bots are actually resting in the roboport.

Btw. you should either use an active provider chest or a logistics chest. That way, they will be consumed first and not the once in your bots facility (unless you're not buffering those... you are buffering them of course, right?

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Arch666Angel wrote:Set up provider chests and smart inserter at your roboports? :P
Never dawned on me, works great. Can smart inserters be linked together so changing the attributes of one auto updates the all linked?
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Ghoulish wrote:
Never dawned on me, works great. Can smart inserters be linked together so changing the attributes of one auto updates the all linked?
There is a key combination to copy it from one inserter to others.
Use shift+right click to copy from inserter and shift+left to paste on others. This also works with some other things (like copy recipe from assembly on requester chest and it'll set up the requests for recipe).

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

@Yinan
I use active providers and a robot production chain with requester chests that upgrades first and then produces new ones.

@Ghoulish
I'm not into the whole combinatory thing so I cant tell, but I think I read they will add an easy way to do this with 0.13.

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

Arch666Angel wrote:@Yinan
I use active providers and a robot production chain with requester chests that upgrades first and then produces new ones.
I'm doing that now as well.
But my comment was more directed towards Ghoulish anyway ^^

MONOmah_V
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MONOmah_V »

Hello. Thank you for your mods, Bob! They're truly awesome. While trying to extend Train position and length fix-mod, I've noticed that you missed setting mined sound in declaration of Mk{2,3,armoured} cargo wagons and locos.

Code: Select all

mined_sound = {filename = "__core__/sound/deconstruct-medium.ogg"}

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

MONOmah_V wrote: I've noticed that you missed setting mined sound in declaration of Mk{2,3,armoured} cargo wagons and locos.

Code: Select all

mined_sound = {filename = "__core__/sound/deconstruct-medium.ogg"}
Ah yes, that is likely because a lot of the code originally comes from older versions like 0.10, and was updated to work with 0.11 and 0.12 as needed, as such newer tags like mining and working sounds may have been left off in the update. I'll try to remember to fix that.
I also have a Patreon.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Yinan wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:@Yinan
But my comment was more directed towards Ghoulish anyway ^^
I did know this, a great tip for those that didn;t :D Though it's annoying there is no beep, doink / flash or something to say the logistic state copied from one to another.

Buggi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by Buggi »

I just released the first version of my Express Smart Inserters.
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=21097

Thank you Bob for showing the way to a faster factory! All inserters have a massive passive drain of 2.4 KW. Very useful for trains!
- Buggi -
Here's my Humble YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/FlexibleGames

Lallante
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lallante »

Bob its probably been said some point before in the last two years, but the naming schema for the inserters is currently a bit off.

Assuming we have an inserter with two belts belt (4 lanes) on each side as follows [A l B][C l D] X [1 l 2][3 l 4]

Standard, fast and smart inserters take from lane C/D and insert into lane 2
Long inserters take from lane A/B and insert into lane 4

Now lets get onto your inserters:

Fast long-handed inserters take from lane A/B and insert into lane 4
Fast near-handed inserters take from lane C/D and insert into lane 1
both makes sense, maybe no need for "handed" in the second one particularly

Fast far-handed inserters take from lane C/D and and insert into lane 3?
Wouldnt it make more sense to call these "Fast Long near-handed inserters"?

Smart standard in long inserter takes from lane C/D and inserts into lane 4
Makes sense

Smart standard in far inserter takes from lane C/D and inserts into lane 3
As above it would make more sense to call these Smart standard in long near-handed inserter?

Smart long in near inserter takes from lane A/B and inserts into lane 1
Makes sense

Smart long in standard inserter takes from lane A/B and inserts into lane 2
Makes sense

IhanaMies
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IhanaMies »

I had an idea where item amount and its mass would affect the speed of logistic robots. I haven't familiarised myself into modding yet so I don't know how the stuff works.
So my question is. Can entities have additional properties, which would only be used inside a particular function?

This would give option for heavy transport drones (big, slow, can lift alot and heavy stuff), fast smaller drones for tiny items eg. small.components or drones somewhere between.

Drones could have a set threshold so they would carry appropriate items.

This would give drones specialized roles and the mass would slow down the drones since I think they are bit OP :D

Laevras
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Laevras »

Hello!

I have an error when i try to use Bob's Logistics :

Error while loading entity prototype " cargon-wagon-2" (cargon-wagon):
conversion of data to the type "unsigned short" failed
Modifications: boblogistics->hardCrafting->WaiTex

I'm pretty new on Factorio, and the only thing that i can do for now with is the translation part :D

Any idea on how to solve this error?
thx :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Lallante wrote:Assuming we have an inserter with two belts belt (4 lanes) on each side as follows [A l B][C l D] X [1 l 2][3 l 4]
Fast far-handed inserters take from lane C/D and and insert into lane 3?
Wouldnt it make more sense to call these "Fast Long near-handed inserters"?
Basically... I wanted a single word name. Now ideally, placing in 3 would be long, and 4 would be far, but my logic was basically that it places farther than standard.

Your name isn't bad though. if I made such a thing as a 3 tile reach inserter, I could name that Far. But then you'd have a Near Far-Handed inserter if it placed in position 5.
Laevras wrote:Modifications: boblogistics->hardCrafting->WaiTex
This line basically tells you that handCrafting modifies my mod, and WaiTex modifies it even further. I have heard of some issues between my mod and WaiTex. I would take a look into it, except I can't from this location, and I'm also not currently actively modding.

However, since WaiTex loads last, that's usually the best place to look first. This is because if I make changes, WaiTex could possibly undo them and still not work. Perhaps if I get time I'll take a look, but knowing exactly which versions of handcrafting, Waitex, where to get them, and your full list of installed mods would help.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”