Bob's Clock modification

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

tungsten33
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bob's Clock modification

Post by tungsten33 »

Made some changes to Bob's Clock for my own satisfaction. I didn't want to release it as my own mod, but if anyone wants to use, here it is.
Attachments
Jclock_0.17.1.zip
(14.06 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bob's Clock modification

Post by bobingabout »

I don't mind people playing around with editing my mods, I consider that as learning, but, the licence does state that you're not supposed to distribute edited versions of my mods.

Though, I am looking for ways to improve my clock mod, what I wrote was basically just thrown together (I started working on it just before 0.17 hit, so didn't have time to do much before I switched over to getting my mods in a releasable state)
I'm curious as to what you did, and am open to any suggestions that you think might improve my mod.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

bobingabout wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:06 am
I don't mind people playing around with editing my mods, I consider that as learning, but, the licence does state that you're not supposed to distribute edited versions of my mods.

Though, I am looking for ways to improve my clock mod, what I wrote was basically just thrown together (I started working on it just before 0.17 hit, so didn't have time to do much before I switched over to getting my mods in a releasable state)
I'm curious as to what you did, and am open to any suggestions that you think might improve my mod.
I like the design of tungsten's take on your mod, small, clear, simple and a good visibility. The only thing that disturbed me in your original bobclock was, that there was no option to set the update interval, ie like every 15 or 30 minutes.

tungsten33
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tungsten33 »

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:06 am

Yeah, it didn't feel right to release it as a different mod (considering all i did was edit yours), so I just posted here. I wanted to mod the clock to look more clock-like and only update the main clock every x minutes, so I just started learning. I styled the button, added a custom font, and included a setting to update per x game minutes. Feel free to merge anything into your clock mod, or if you tell me where to submit a pull request, i'll do it there. Thanks for your mods!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

There are no pull requests.
however, I'll look at adding the steps option into my version, and using a not quite so freaking wide button style on my mod.

I do like the font, but I don't think I'm going to use it.
I also have a Patreon.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Now it has it all :D thanks for the settings. ok, the red font is nice, but thats a minor thing. Maybe make it optional?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

fishycat wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:11 pm
Now it has it all :D thanks for the settings. ok, the red font is nice, but thats a minor thing. Maybe make it optional?
the colour and the font are actually 2 seperate things. I can make the existing font red, or include Tungsten's digital clock font, or both. I guess I could have options to change each independently too.
It's not something I was planning to do though.
I also have a Patreon.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:34 pm
the colour and the font are actually 2 seperate things. I can make the existing font red, or include Tungsten's digital clock font, or both. I guess I could have options to change each independently too.
It's not something I was planning to do though.
I'm already happy with the changes you did. Anything else that might come, would be a nice bonus, but isn't that important.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Thanks a lot for all the settings, now it is perfect! :D

edit: oh and a big thumbs up for your new thumbnails, they really look good.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:21 pm
Thanks a lot for all the settings, now it is perfect! :D

edit: oh and a big thumbs up for your new thumbnails, they really look good.
I still need to update all of them to include the new thumbnails, descriptions and changelogs.

Also, done A LOT of updates on my end that haven't been released. I added lots of settings to enemies mod that really makes them brutal.

And of course, I put a mention of Tungsten in the clock mod, since he inspired a lot of the changes.
I also have a Patreon.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:43 pm
I added lots of settings to enemies mod that really makes them brutal.
So that sounds really interesting and fun. Can you spoiler already some infos on that?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:07 pm
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:43 pm
I added lots of settings to enemies mod that really makes them brutal.
So that sounds really interesting and fun. Can you spoiler already some infos on that?
Well, firstly the nerf. Elemental (bob) nests only appear at a range of 5 now, instead of 1 (whatever the number means)
Added Super nests that have more health that appear at range 10. at max evolution factor they only spawn titans, behemoths and leviathans.
Added an option to set Leviathan frequency between 1.0 and 0.0, default is 0.05. 1 would be about 60% for a super nest or 45% for elemental. 0.05 is around 7.5% and 4%
Added a "increased health" option that makes all my new enemies harder to kill except Leviathans, makes the health increase more linear per step. (or logarithmic, because it doubles to quadruples per step)
Added an option called "Bigger sooner", I know, terrible name, it scales the evolution factor and enemy sizes even more linear, meaning when big biters usually show up, you'll already be getting huge biters, etc.

And they're all options, off by default, but if you want more of a challenge.
I also have a Patreon.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:22 pm
Well, firstly the nerf. Elemental (bob) nests only appear at a range of 5 now, instead of 1 (whatever the number means)
Added Super nests that have more health that appear at range 10. at max evolution factor they only spawn titans, behemoths and leviathans.

I would assume these numbers mean chunks. Could you make the ranges an option, too?
I'm looking forward to these changes, I love a good challenge. Also because I'm using QoL mods that may be a little cheaty, like autofill, I feel a little bit better then when the enemy gets a good buff. :lol:

Return to β€œBob's mods”