Bob's power solar only?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Bob's power solar only?

Post by someone1337 »

I basically use the solar part only (accus + solar arrays).

Now it seems there were changes to heat and stuff cools down to 465 instead of 500 and it feels like it weakened my power plants - i didnt really test that too much, as I for now disabled that mod completely.

Is there a way to only get the solar power part of that mod working again, without getting changes to nuclear power?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bob's power solar only?

Post by Light »

I've uploaded the mod with everything removed aside from solar power and power poles. I can't guarantee compatibility with other mods, so if issues occur then values of steam turbines and heat exchanges can be returned to vanilla values for the same effect.

I'd still suggest creating your own reactor setup with Bob's properly, given they provide a ton of power in a very compact setup if done correctly.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If you're just dealing with a base game nuclear setup, it is a bit of a nerf, yes.
This however was done on purpose for a larger picture of unified steam power. it changes the ratios to power 2 steam turbines off 1 heat exchanger, just like with boilers and steam engines.
on top of that, they are balanced against boiler MK3 and steam engine MK3. 1 heat exchanger would power 4 steam engine MK3s, and 1 boiler MK3 would power 1 steam turbine. Just keep in mind that I add up to boiler and steam engine MK5, and heat exchanger and steam turbine MK3. I will also be adding oil (powered) boilers for an oil power plant system in 0.17.

Anyway, to get to your question, no, you can't disable certain parts of the mod in it's current form, however being able to turn on/off certain parts has been requested before, and is implemented in other mods such as bobmining.

It is something I'll try and do for 0.17 if I get time.
Light wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:36 pm
I've uploaded the mod with everything removed aside from solar power and power poles. I can't guarantee compatibility with other mods, so if issues occur then values of steam turbines and heat exchanges can be returned to vanilla values for the same effect.

I'd still suggest creating your own reactor setup with Bob's properly, given they provide a ton of power in a very compact setup if done correctly.
You are aware that redistributing an edited mod is against the licence, right?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by someone1337 »

Yeah, im trying to be as vanilla as feasible.

Aside from my own mods, Warehousing and such, I use only bobsmining (large area drills only as its a major qol improvement; disabled everything else) and used to use bobspower. I just didnt care enought to undo your changes to nuclear (download old version or unmod your heat-nerf).
Imho it would be cool, if the factorio devs changed the nuclear turbine ratio to 1:2, as they did with boilers, but as long as they dont, I dont want to play that way ...

Also plz dont be too harsh on "light", imho (s)he wanted only to help - I dont think anyone will challenge you or angel as the top modders of factorio :)
Also your license seems tooo harsh... it would be enought to require attribution (basivcally cc-by-sa), as see above :P

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

someone1337 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:51 am
Also plz dont be too harsh on "light", imho (s)he wanted only to help - I dont think anyone will challenge you or angel as the top modders of factorio :)
Also your license seems tooo harsh... it would be enought to require attribution (basivcally cc-by-sa), as see above :P
Honestly, I'm not entirely against what he did, I understand it was just to try and help you, and aren't mad. Which is why I only replied to his post reminding him rather than taking action.

I think in this instance, the proper course of action would have been to at least give it a different mod name, say, bobpower-light or bobpower-solar or something, asking my permission to redistribute. I would probably have said yes to such a request.

Well, the proper course of action would be for me to add options in to turn off everything you don't want, but we're not going to see that with 0.16 as the 0.17 due date is only 2 weeks away, and getting ready for that is where my focus is.
I think 2 weeks is a bit optimistic though.
Light wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:36 pm
I've uploaded the mod with everything removed aside from solar power and power poles
Quoted just to ping you too
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”