Description

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Description

Post by SHiRKiT »

Hi Bob,

I'm planning starting a new map since the previous one I beat my own goal of having over everything being auto produced by my assemblers in mass/large scale (only missed the current DyTech lava smelting because it felt totally magic to me). Now, I was planning adding/mixing my modlist, and I've been following your mods for a while, but I can't properly understand what they are. Currently you have 5 topics, and pardon me but it's my opinion, they are totally unreadable. Information scaterred all over the place, and I can't properly understand what they do, how they interact with each other.

I'd suggest creating or a new topic introducing and explaining what the mods are and how they interact, or organize your first posts in each topic so we can have an improved readability.

While I know this may be a bit of exageration, but after understanding that I've gone through this and this has improved the people who wanted to use my stuff (see http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showt ... ember-2012), I think that's well worth to spend some effort to create a nice structure. Once built, you wouldn't need to keep changing it, it's there to stay.

Please tell me what you think. I can help with formating and organization (screenshots, ideas, post structure etc), but not with content, since I have yet yo play with your mods to test them.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Description

Post by bobingabout »

The main one, metals chemicals and intermediates, should have a fair description of most of the things it does in the first post, the others arn't quite as well organised, but basically, all the information you need about the mod should be in the first posts of each mod.

One of the big issues I have at the moment though is time, when I have a bit more time, I'll spend a little of it going over my forum posts and streamlining the information to make it easier to read, and understand.

I might add one of those pages that lists what is in each of my mods too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”