[0.16.1] Bob's Character classes bug

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

jarquafelmu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.1] Bob's Character classes bug

Post by jarquafelmu »

For some reason, when using the Kumpuu's Helicopters mod with this one, you are unable to enter the helicopter from the left hand side. Not only that but when you exit the helicopter you are unable to leave the collision box of the helicopter. Normally you are placed outside the box but with Character classes enabled you are placed inside the box when you exit. I had started an issue tracker on Kumpuu's github as I thought it was his mod causing it but after testing with just his mod, this mod and creative mod, I get the same interaction.

https://github.com/kumpuu/factorio-helicopters/issues/8

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.1] Bob's Character classes bug

Post by bobingabout »

Does it have the same issue if you are playing as "Ballanced"?

If it doesn't, I'm guessing it's because whatever method he uses to "Teleport" you outside of the bounding box isn't working properly if he is specifically looking for data.raw.player.player.

It SHOULDN'T be anything I've done, because all I do in this mod is set the player to a different data.raw.player entity than the default, which is a table.deepcopy of the original, meaning with the exception of a few stats, it shouldn't be any different.

Die and respawn as ballanced, and test it for me please. in the mean time I'll try reading the code of his mod to see if I can spot anything.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.1] Bob's Character classes bug

Post by bobingabout »

logic/emptyBoxCollider.lua line 213, you are filtering by name = player, which will miss the new classes in bobclasses.
He needs to change it to type = player, and it should fix the issue.

I've added this comment to the topic you started on git hub too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”