waste disposal.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

waste disposal.

Post by Hellatze »

i have plenty of hydrogen, and i have little use of it. it makes my production stuck, sometimes i waste it manually for my chlorine.

i want to automate waste it.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: waste disposal.

Post by Ratzap »

Get this

https://mods.factorio.com/api/downloads ... _3.0.2.zip

and use an overflow valve. It'll let through anything over 80% full. Pop a gas vent on the end of that and it's done.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

There is a gas vent entity in my mods that will "Delete" fluids that enter it, Hydrogen is one that it can vent.

The other mod that is linked will help control the flow to only vent so much of it, but if you use a pump, a tank, and connect them with a wire, you can "pump" excess gas into the venting pump.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

bobingabout wrote:There is a gas vent entity in my mods that will "Delete" fluids that enter it, Hydrogen is one that it can vent.

The other mod that is linked will help control the flow to only vent so much of it, but if you use a pump, a tank, and connect them with a wire, you can "pump" excess gas into the venting pump.
well not only gas. some salt and liquid material too.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Although venting hydrogen is okay, it would be put to better use making fuel blocks.

There are other mods around like fluid void and void chest that can delete other materials, but if you were to give us specifics, we might be able to sugest what you're supposed to be doing with them (Possibly as a means of disposal)
I also have a Patreon.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

bobingabout wrote:Although venting hydrogen is okay, it would be put to better use making fuel blocks.

There are other mods around like fluid void and void chest that can delete other materials, but if you were to give us specifics, we might be able to sugest what you're supposed to be doing with them (Possibly as a means of disposal)
i have 2 factory (big ones) one have to use salt for alumunium, and one didnt need salt at all.since salt are infinite resource, i dont feel guilty wasting them. also when the alumunium ore get depleted, i need to waste salt in manual way. i also have plenty of sulphur too.

as for liquid, sometimes i got too many petrolium (outproduced). so i need to dispose it.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

Hellatze wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Although venting hydrogen is okay, it would be put to better use making fuel blocks.

i have 2 factory (big ones) one have to use salt for alumunium, and one didnt need salt at all.since salt are infinite resource, i dont feel guilty wasting them. also when the alumunium ore get depleted, i need to waste salt in manual way. i also have plenty of sulphur too.

as for liquid, sometimes i got too many petrolium (outproduced). so i need to dispose it.
By salt you mean sodium hydroxide? Too much sodium hydroxide is a common problem with bob's mods.. I usually shotgun chests of it once they are all full.

The gas vent is almost essential. You can convert sulphur to sulphur dioxide gas in a chemical plant and then vent it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Hellatze wrote:

Sulfur dioxide can be vented, which is the primary for of most of the outputs. actual sulphur, of sulphuric acid there is no disposal method for, but sulphuric acid is used in A LOT of places, even more now that you need it to mine Uranium.

And by salt, I am assuming you mean the Sodium Hydroxide from salt water electrolysis.
That is the one where you're stuck with it unfortunately, I reduced the amount you get from the process AGAIN to try and balance things out, I went with a full hydrogen/oxygen/chlorine rebalance to try and make things make sense. (you get more from the production, and use less to make things)
I also have a Patreon.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

bobingabout wrote:
Hellatze wrote:

Sulfur dioxide can be vented, which is the primary for of most of the outputs. actual sulphur, of sulphuric acid there is no disposal method for, but sulphuric acid is used in A LOT of places, even more now that you need it to mine Uranium.

And by salt, I am assuming you mean the Sodium Hydroxide from salt water electrolysis.
That is the one where you're stuck with it unfortunately, I reduced the amount you get from the process AGAIN to try and balance things out, I went with a full hydrogen/oxygen/chlorine rebalance to try and make things make sense. (you get more from the production, and use less to make things)
just have assembler to dispose this salt.

i got salty :(

EmyJ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EmyJ »

The gas vent would ensure high-quality air and are easy to install. I guess direct vent is the best option. Waste recycling facility at Ontario suggests that direct ones are better for your health and are efficient.
Rather than disposing of if you recycle it keeps from polluting soil and water.
They just get dirty—so recycling would save a valuable resource.
Re-refined base stock consumes very less energy than a base stock from crude oil.

buggy123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by buggy123 »

Yknow that always kind of bugged me... shouldn't gas vents produce a lot of pollution? ATM they barely produce any at all, while theoretically venting enormous quantities of sulfur dioxide, hydrogen, even just nitrogen would be bad for the enviroment.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

buggy123 wrote:Yknow that always kind of bugged me... shouldn't gas vents produce a lot of pollution? ATM they barely produce any at all, while theoretically venting enormous quantities of sulfur dioxide, hydrogen, even just nitrogen would be bad for the enviroment.
if it's anything like earth, the important part of the atmosphere is 80% nitrogen 20% oxygen, so these two gasses wouldn't cause pollution.

Sulfur Dioxide, Hydrogen and Chlorine on the other hand should cause pollution. The problem is that pollution is on a per entity basis, not per recipe.

I have been asking for the ability to have a per recipe pollution stat, but nothing so far.
I also have a Patreon.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Void chest instant was ported to 0.15 and works fine for all solids. I tend to hook one up next to storage with a limiter so that when storage is close to full, start tossing excess into the void chest.

Fluid pipe wasn't ported to 0.15 as far as I know but flare stacks will accept any fluid/gas I think. Do the same thing, just use circuits to only remove excess or for fluids just an overflow valve.

buggy123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by buggy123 »

bobingabout wrote:
buggy123 wrote:Yknow that always kind of bugged me... shouldn't gas vents produce a lot of pollution? ATM they barely produce any at all, while theoretically venting enormous quantities of sulfur dioxide, hydrogen, even just nitrogen would be bad for the enviroment.
if it's anything like earth, the important part of the atmosphere is 80% nitrogen 20% oxygen, so these two gasses wouldn't cause pollution.

Sulfur Dioxide, Hydrogen and Chlorine on the other hand should cause pollution. The problem is that pollution is on a per entity basis, not per recipe.

I have been asking for the ability to have a per recipe pollution stat, but nothing so far.
Not necessarily, you would have to put out a lot of nitrogen to count as a pollutant, but if you're taking compressed air, using the oxygen, and venting the nitrogen you're essentially deoxygenating the air. Do that large-scale and you can at least kill everything in the area. Also if the nitrogen is hot or cold that could also potentially cause issues because you're heating/cooling a large area, and we've definitely seen how small temperature changes can disrupt the enviroment. Oxygen could also cause issues, extremely high levels can cause toxicity in many organisms and would greatly increase the risk of forest fires. Hydrogen... would probably do something. At best it's a oxygen displacer which dissipates harmlessly, at worst you're putting out enough to maintain a gigantic, dispersed cloud waiting for a errant spark.

Not as dangerous as venting something like sulfur dioxide certainly, but i'd argue its still not negligible.

buggy123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by buggy123 »

Genord92 wrote:(cut by mod)
Is... is this a bot? Strange, somewhat out of context message which isn't relevant to the thread, messed up formatting, short message with a link to a website... and this is that account's only post.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

buggy123 wrote:
Genord92 wrote:...cut...
Is... is this a bot? Strange, somewhat out of context message which isn't relevant to the thread, messed up formatting, short message with a link to a website... and this is that account's only post.
Might not be a bot but spammer for sure. Caught few keywords (esp the thread title) and advertisment has been posted.

Return to “Bob's mods”