[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Modules.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Masterfox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Modules.

Post by Masterfox »

I was thinking of making a online page with the ability to make module modding easier and I wanted to ask you whether I am allowed to use one of you methods in the mod, that is, a constant rate by which modules become better, controllable via a config file. Since the mods are, to a certain extent, your intellectual property, I was not sure if this I can just add that feature in as well and as such wanted to ask you if you are ok with me using that technique for my own project. It will be public, but the source will not be available. If you say no, that is fine as well, just wanted to make sure.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If you go by the letter of the liscence, then you're allowed to look and edit my code, as long as you don't post any direct diverations of my work.

So, if you read through my mod, get ideas, then re-write the whole thing, that's technically not in breach of the liscence.

So, yeah, getting ideas, and doing things the same way I did them is fine.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

SchroedingersHat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SchroedingersHat »

Would anyone agree that the default settings for modules are way too powerful, and make the endgame less interesting if used?

Using default settings, back of the envelope seems to say it's possible to get 10k spm with less than 200 raw ore per minute. Logistics comes down to how many max tier belts can come from a single factory, and so on. Also nuclear fuel reprocessing is very nearly over unity (and produces magic lead)

Even if you don't use combined modules they're still quite potent.

I've attached a screenshot with settings that seem more in line with vanilla (and less prone to extreme resource exponentiation).

Thoughts? Disagreement
Attachments
Screenshot at 2019-05-22 17-57-21.png
Screenshot at 2019-05-22 17-57-21.png (45.89 KiB) Viewed 2493 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SchroedingersHat wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 am
Would anyone agree that the default settings for modules are way too powerful, and make the endgame less interesting if used?

Using default settings, back of the envelope seems to say it's possible to get 10k spm with less than 200 raw ore per minute. Logistics comes down to how many max tier belts can come from a single factory, and so on. Also nuclear fuel reprocessing is very nearly over unity (and produces magic lead)

Even if you don't use combined modules they're still quite potent.

I've attached a screenshot with settings that seem more in line with vanilla (and less prone to extreme resource exponentiation).

Thoughts? Disagreement
you shouldn't be able to use productivity modules in nuclear fuel reprocessing, unless you turn off productivity filters. And the reason why you can get more lead out than what you put in, is because that's what uranium and the like decompose into in the reactor.

But yes. The settings for modules are set up from an old consensus of what people thought were good values, the options exist because even with this average, nobody can agree on how they should be.
I also have a Patreon.

SchroedingersHat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SchroedingersHat »

You can't use them in the extraction step, but with them in the nuclear fuel creation step and the kovarex step, it's within 1% of being over unity (might actually be over unity if you perfectly balance the split between centrifuge and assembler). Even with production modules only in the assembler, it only takes a couple of U238 per stack of fuel. It also creates tens of lead plates per uranium 238 input to the system.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SchroedingersHat wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:51 am
You can't use them in the extraction step, but with them in the nuclear fuel creation step and the kovarex step, it's within 1% of being over unity (might actually be over unity if you perfectly balance the split between centrifuge and assembler). Even with production modules only in the assembler, it only takes a couple of U238 per stack of fuel. It also creates tens of lead plates per uranium 238 input to the system.
the Korvarex process should have the catalyst system applied to it, which means that of the 40+ u235 being used, only the product minus ingredient difference (of 2?) should have productivity applied to it.

Honestly though, this isn't the worst place, some setups like converting sulfur to sulfur dioxide, then sulfur dioxide to sulfur both have productivity applied, so you can make infinite sulfur out of... I think it's just the results of water electrolysis.
I'd remove them, but they're both legitimate intermediate products, and if I do, people complain.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”