[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Modules.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

TomyTheBest
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.4] Bob's Modules.

Post by TomyTheBest »

TomyTheBest wrote:Hi guys,

I'm a new user of the mod packs so probably I missed something. I use some of the DyTech mods combined with Bob's modules. I thought it could be work easily but I couldn't found any research which alllows the 'Pollution Cleaning Logic Board'. If the tech tree is consistent, the 'Pollution Cleaning Modules 3' should allows this type os logic boards just as in the Speed/Productivity/Effectivity Modules 3 upgrade which are allowes that type os logic boards.

Thank you for yor help, and please let me know if I missed something :)

Ah, sorry. Its working :) I just overmixed the mods.

Lone_Player
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.5] Bob's Modules.

Post by Lone_Player »

Hello,

First, Thank you for the update´s, but well.. i think i found a Bug;

Tryed your new updated Mod´s and, get the following error Message, on loading Factorio 12.10. [ @ loading mods 2% ]

Error in assignID, item with name'advanced-unit' does not exist

if i remove bobmodules_0.12.5 no error message & load´s fine. {so i think it is in the modules, or the library..}

used Bob Mod´s;

bobassembly_0.12.4
boblibrary_0.12.1
boblogistic_0.12.7
bobmining_0.12.2
bobmodules_0.12.5
bobpower_0.12.5
clock_0.12.0

Update: Yep it´s somewhere in the bobmodules_0.12.5, tryed bobmodules_0.12.4 with boblibrary_0.12.1 & they work fine together

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.5] Bob's Modules.

Post by bobingabout »

The list of installed mods is a big help. It tells me you don't have electronics installed. One of the big "Fallback" recipes in Modules is based around not having Electronics installed, so I know which 3 files the error is most likely going to be in.

I can't look right now, but there is nothing stopping you from using the previous version of modules.

To be honest, I was expecting there to be some sort of errors like this cropping up. When you completely overhaul everything (or at least every recipe that has more than one version), testing every possible scenario yourself becomes unviable. I did test out quite a bit, but knew I probably missed something.

EDIT: Found it.
Actually, this specific combination is the result of a lack of bobplates too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.6] Bob's Modules.

Post by bobingabout »

Did a quick test, seems to work now.

v0.12.6 uploaded:
* Fixed standalone recipe crash.

I know, it's not actually standalone anymore, because it needs the library, but standalone in this case means no mods other than it's dependancies (Library 0.12.1)
I also have a Patreon.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

Bug report, Bob's Modules v0.12.6:
module-god-updates.lua ->

Code: Select all

if bobmods.modules.ProductivityHasSpeed then
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-1", {"speed-processor", 2})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-2", {"speed-processor-2", 4})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-3", {"speed-processor-3", 6})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-3", {"speed-processor-3", 10})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-3", {"speed-processor-3", 15})
end

if data.raw.item["solder"] then
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-1", {"solder", 2})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-2", {"solder", 5})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-3", {"solder", 7})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-4", {"solder", 12})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-4", {"solder", 15})
end
Appears to contain copy&paste errors. ("god-module-3" and "god-module-4")
I suspect it should be:

if bobmods.modules.ProductivityHasSpeed then
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-1", {"speed-processor", 2})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-2", {"speed-processor-2", 4})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-3", {"speed-processor-3", 6})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-4", {"speed-processor-3", 10})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-5", {"speed-processor-3", 15})
end

if data.raw.item["solder"] then
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-1", {"solder", 2})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-2", {"solder", 5})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-3", {"solder", 7})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-4", {"solder", 12})
  bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item ("god-module-5", {"solder", 15})
end
I've been through all of the recipe files of the modules mod (busy updating a personal balance mod), and this is the only one I spotted.
I am really liking the library mod.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Thanks. There was a copy paste bug in Mining mod too.
I also have a Patreon.

codewarrior
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Modules.

Post by codewarrior »

I just have to note that the config option for "production module restriction" is rather useless, since it restricts you to only vanilla intermediates. I've been imposing the restriction myself by not putting them in any machines making "usable products".

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

codewarrior wrote:I just have to note that the config option for "production module restriction" is rather useless, since it restricts you to only vanilla intermediates. I've been imposing the restriction myself by not putting them in any machines making "usable products".
That... shouldn't be the case. One of the things I've been working on recently is adding a limitation updates file. as of about 3 weeks ago alll my mods should add all the apropriate intermediates to the limitations list.
I also have a Patreon.

codewarrior
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by codewarrior »

bobingabout wrote:
codewarrior wrote:I just have to note that the config option for "production module restriction" is rather useless, since it restricts you to only vanilla intermediates. I've been imposing the restriction myself by not putting them in any machines making "usable products".
That... shouldn't be the case. One of the things I've been working on recently is adding a limitation updates file. as of about 3 weeks ago alll my mods should add all the apropriate intermediates to the limitations list.
Ah, you're right. It's working in the latest version. I guess I had last tried it in an older version.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

codewarrior wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
Ah, you're right. It's working in the latest version. I guess I had last tried it in an older version.
oh good, you had me worried that my code was broken somewhere, most likely in the functions library mod. (They're added by calling a function in that mod.) You're right that it did use to be pointless, but the same set of releases that require the library mod also add a while heap of intermediates to the productivity filter.

Actually, the functions add to the filters of all modules with a limitation, which probably isn't the best way to do it. A better way might be to create a new productivity filter table, then at the end (Somewhere in data-final-fixes phase) add that table to all modules with productivity. Which is what the config option actually does in the modules mod, it adds the base game's productivity filters table to all modules with productivity on them, I think in the data.lua phase. Then the other mods use the function call that adds to all module's limitations in the data-updates phase.

One of the things I was considering was creating certain modules that only work with certain machines. This can be set by using a limitation filter similar to the productivity limitation filter, and the result would be a new type of module. the current filter expansion method does not allow for this though... also I'm not sure if you could ban these modules from mining drills, ores are not included on the filter list, but productivity modules cann still be used on miners.
I also have a Patreon.

Nasabot
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.9] Bob's Modules.

Post by Nasabot »

I recently started played bobs mod but I do not understand the balancing of the mobules, because the balancing seems out of reason.

Fortunatly you can change the numbers with the config mod, so this is what I did:

-productivity from 5% to 2% (productivity is OP as cascading it will reduce resource costs too much)
-disabling merged and god modules (those modules are "cheat mode" imo^^. Also I want CHOICE and the godmodules reduce the choice.) Merged and god modules need to be A LOT MORE expansive to justify their advantages. (it should be like this 1 merged module = 3 normal modules, 1 god modules = 3 merged modules, something like that)
-pollution cleaning > efficiency (10% : 15%) because normally its the other way round and this does not make sense because -15% energy cost = -15% energycost & -15% pollution, therefore the pollution modules NEEDS higher numbers to be worthwhile

This is how Id balanced the modules

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I can agree with the values on the Polution and Efficiency modules.

I have debated if God and Merged should be turned off by default too. Some people would rather not have them off by default. Maybe a Poll would help there.
I also have a Patreon.

alduin235
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alduin235 »

hello i encounter an issue when trying to make lv4 modules. For some reason there are two slots of module contact and the inserter would only fill one module contact slot and left the other one empty. Here are the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/EVlHR
Beside warfare and enemies, all of other bob mods is up to date.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I read your message earlier, but didn't respond because I wanted to double check before answering.

The bug you are experiencing no longer exists in the latest version (Or at least I can't see how it possibly could in code), it is likely a residule bug that I have already fixed (I remember there being this issue at recently).
If this is the case, run the following script in the console (Open it by pressing the ~ key by default)

/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.reset_recipes() end
If this doesn't help, get back to me.
I also have a Patreon.

alduin235
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alduin235 »

Nope the code didn't work. I tried load up a new world and load up the recipe. Still does not work.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

That's odd, it works fine for me, and as said, I can't see in the code where the second set of module contacts comes from.

Wait, are you using Athmagor's "Bob's Tweaks" mod? I didn't write that, try disabling that if you have it and try again (new game, or command)

It MAY be causing the issue, I have re-written the entire recipe structure of the modules mod since he started working on that.
see here https://forums.factorio.com/forum/viewtop ... 10#p116928

It's hard to keep track of where issues are when I haven't been working on the mod for a few weeks.
I also have a Patreon.

alduin235
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alduin235 »

I disabled the mod. Everything is working now

aureon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aureon »

Is it normal that beacons stay at 0.75 efficiency even with 7-10 targets?

Merged modules are a cheat mode.
They should probably afford roughly half of the bonus of the non-merged module - otherwise there's really no need to use any nonmerged. Another option could be requiring [rank+2] modules for merged. (So L5 non-merged can be merged into L3 modules, and so on)
Production at 5% per rank is excessive - most MK4s have 5 slots, and that evens out to +200%. Over four intermediate steps, that means the needed materials go down to 1/16th.
One option could be massively stepping up the energy\speed\pollution penalties of production, and removing the merged one.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Most of what you have mentioned is configurable.

Okay, the merged modules can't be configured to add extra effects, but if you look at their costs, to produce one raw productivity module costs almost as much as the 3 modules, productivity, polution cleaning, and effectivity. if you change the config to include the speed drop, raw productivity also requires to cost to build a speed and another effectivity module to cancel out.

But yeah, some of the options you can change if you download the config mod are: How much of each stat on the modules, do you need speed on productivity or not, and is there a "Productivity filter" that locks them to only be able to be used on certain things. You can also outright turn off merged modules.

if you find the default settings too easy, I strongly sugest you take a look at the config mod and play with the values, and turn on productivity filters.

Having said that, I have thought about changing the values for the next release (for 0.13)
I also have a Patreon.

aureon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aureon »

I'm playing with all merged off, productivity filters on, and all base modules heavily nerfed (Speed to 15 speed \ 20 consumption, efficiency to 10, production to 3% production \ 20% pollution \ 5% speed)

They still barely make sense, mainly due to all MK2+ equipment having an exaggerated amount of slots.

The main issue i find is that once MK2 beacon is out, factories don't really need to run on parallel - stack up enough R5 speed modules and beacons, and you can have one assembler doing the work of fifty of them.
Perhaps the main issue is in the beacons - have you considered turning way down the effect multiplier for MK2&3 beacons, or, alternatively, stepping up the game to the challenge of dealing with MK5-6 assemblers stacked with modules - that is, things like 300 second craft times for T4 electronics?

Return to “Bob's mods”