[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Modules.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.2.9] Bob's Modules.

Post by bobingabout »

I only usually change base game recipes if they don't make sense. or don't make sense with some of my additions.

Assembly machine 3 for example.
Modules, but that's a complete overhaul.
Electronics if you use Electronics Overide.
The odd Research change here and there.
Upgrade costs of modular armor recipes. for example, you don't need 10x MK1 batteries or MK1 shields to make a MK2 anymore.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Thanks for the new fast and easy config options.
My OCD is happy with eco modules being symmetrical at 15% reduction on each component :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote:Thanks for the new fast and easy config options.
My OCD is happy with eco modules being symmetrical at 15% reduction on each component :D
It used to be 20% symetrical, but there were a few complaints here and there about Green modules being overpowered, and useless beyond level 4 if you were using raw versions of productivity or speed, so I lopsided and nerfed it to try and make higher tiers more useful. it also made them stepped. 5% for Productivity, 10% for polution, 15% for consumption and 20% for speed. Polution creating also used to be 20% per level, but I upped it to 50%. If you want to make polution, why not just bellow it out with a 400% increase per MK8 module? now if you disagree with me you can just change it yourself.
I also have a Patreon.

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

maybe the combined modules - like speed without disadvantage should get weaker?
like 1/3 or 1/2 of the rating of the normal module?

this would make it more interesting i think, it would be a choice then which one you pick =)

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

crysanja wrote:maybe the combined modules - like speed without disadvantage should get weaker?
like 1/3 or 1/2 of the rating of the normal module?

this would make it more interesting i think, it would be a choice then which one you pick =)
The raw ones are more expensive to make so it would be no brainer which one to pick in case they got nerfed.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I have hard mode mod for bob, i tweaked a lot of stuff. It will come as modpack later. Maybe :P

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.2] Bob's Modules.

Post by oLaudix »

Modules:
Requirements: None.
This should be changed a little bit. It is impossible to craft some of Bob's Modules without Bob's Assemblers.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

oLaudix wrote: This should be changed a little bit. It is impossible to craft some of Bob's Modules without Bob's Assemblers.
Modules:
Requirements: None.
Recomendations: MCI, Assembly Machines and Electronics.
Updated the Recomendations section.

Also, Building them in Assembling machines isn't a requirement, you can still build them by hand.
I also have a Patreon.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

bobingabout wrote:build them by hand.
bobingabout wrote:by hand.

Making like 300 Tier 8 Raw Speed Modules would take 10 hours by hand. And i need more than 300. Way more.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

oLaudix wrote:
bobingabout wrote:build them by hand.
bobingabout wrote:by hand.

Making like 300 Tier 8 Raw Speed Modules would take 10 hours by hand. And i need more than 300. Way more.
XD

Still, it's not a requirement that you make them in a factory, it's a recomendation, that's why I added assembly mod to the recomendations list.
I also have a Patreon.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.3] Bob's Modules.

Post by jorgenRe »

Bobingabout, you might wanna add in the limitations to the productivity modules seeing as it can be quite op(and exploitable) to use productivity modules in filling and emptying of oil, and other liquids.
Basically add this

Code: Select all

function productivitymodulelimitation()
return {
        "empty-barrel", + other recipe names
      }
end
in the part for each productivity module add:

limitation = productivitymodulelimitation(),
But then ofcourse it is the thing with it is up to the player if he/she wants to exploit so i guess that may be the reason why those limitations aren't there ;)!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

jorgenRe wrote:Bobingabout, you might wanna add in the limitations to the productivity modules seeing as it can be quite op(and exploitable) to use productivity modules in filling and emptying of oil, and other liquids.
Basically add this

return {
      }
end

But then ofcourse it is the thing with it is up to the player if he/she wants to exploit so i guess that may be the reason why those limitations aren't there ;)!
I have been experimenting with that, but havn't included it in a release yet.

The function will add what it contains at the point of execution. So to full work, you need to execute it LAST, IE, in the data-final-fixes.lua stage.

This gives other mods the opertunity to add to the function in the data and data-updates phase.

I just need to figure out the best way to add to the function, then write a list of every intermediate in every mod and include it.

Alternatively, I could write a function that I people can call in the data-updates phase (that I can call myself) that adds lines directly to the limitation= tag on all modules that include it. so for example, you could use the following and it will add that item to the list on every productivity module.

add_productivity_limitation("steel-gear-wheel")
Of course the other mods will need to have a check to see if my function exists before trying to call it. that's easy enough though

if add_productivity_limitation then
end
Remember, I haven't written it yet, so don't take this function name to be final.
I also have a Patreon.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

bobingabout wrote:
jorgenRe wrote:Bobingabout, you might wanna add in the limitations to the productivity modules seeing as it can be quite op(and exploitable) to use productivity modules in filling and emptying of oil, and other liquids.
Basically add this

return {
      }
end

I have been experimenting with that, but havn't included it in a release yet.

The function will add what it contains at the point of execution. So to full work, you need to execute it LAST, IE, in the data-final-fixes.lua stage.

This gives other mods the opertunity to add to the function in the data and data-updates phase.

I just need to figure out the best way to add to the function, then write a list of every intermediate in every mod and include it.

Alternatively, I could write a function that I people can call in the data-updates phase (that I can call myself) that adds lines directly to the limitation= tag on all modules that include it. so for example, you could use the following and it will add that item to the list on every productivity module.

Of course the other mods will need to have a check to see if my function exists before trying to call it. that's easy enough though

if add_productivity_limitation then
end
Remember, I haven't written it yet, so don't take this function name to be final.
That sounds great ;)!
Logo

NorNogaAdmin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NorNogaAdmin »

sounds like some people need to get together to make an forge-like API
00110001 00100000 01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01101101 01100101

cpw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by cpw »

NorNogaAdmin wrote:sounds like some people need to get together to make an forge-like API
I would strongly advise NOT doing that. They are a lot of work!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I've actually written quite a lot of functions for defining entites and such. if you look at the warfare turrets file, it's pretty much a file full of functions, then 11 lines at the bottom, each one being a function call that actually create the code for the 11 turrets I add.

Then I also added functions in bobtech, that are currently repeated in every mod that looks at adding stuff in bobtech... for now, untill I finish what I'm doing with that, perform actions such as replacing one tech item with another (used to replace alien-science-pack with science-pack-4), another to add a science pack (since if you add the same pack twice, it causes an error, so it only adds it if it isn't in the list, and another version to increase the number if it is found) and even one to delete a science pack.

I wouldn't mind sharing some of of these, or writing a single mod that is a function library... but maintaining it as a community api mod for numerous moders and mods to use... that can get messy.

I've had experience where PHP changes something in its code, then a web app (such as Wiki, or Forum software) doesn't work anymore, can you imagine the mahem that could cause for a community maintained functions mod?
I also have a Patreon.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Yeah, I had some trouble figuring out what was going on in the turret definition file until I got to the bottom.

I don't know that writing up a generic function (or functions) to define various entities would be all that useful. Eventually you'd reach the point where you were defining every single field in a single function and it wouldn't be any more readable than the base mod's layout.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If you end up entering a variable for every line in a definition, you might as well just define it. but if you look at a lot of my new machines code, EG, assembly machines, there's a whole block of code that is the same for each machine, with the name, the icon, the graphics and 3 variables, changed in that whole block... an ideal candidate for a "Create a machine with these variables" function. With enough of a code cleanout, you could essentially use the same function with Chemical plants, Electrolysers and my versions of furnaces too, since they're all assembly machines under the surface.
I also have a Patreon.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

NorNogaAdmin wrote:sounds like some people need to get together to make an forge-like API
The closest would probably be to create functions that other people can use in their mod. The only difference from that to how it mostly is now is that it would be more descriped of how they work ;)
I'm soon going to release an api(if you can call that like so ^_^) that lets people copy a location to some files and then the location you copied can be put down anywhere you want. Think of it like a way for your mod to add in ruins ;)!
Only tiny sad thing is that a 50X45 tiles big location takes 138 KB of space :(
But then i guess its fine ;)!
Logo

TomyTheBest
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.4] Bob's Modules.

Post by TomyTheBest »

Hi guys,

I'm a new user of the mod packs so probably I missed something. I use some of the DyTech mods combined with Bob's modules. I thought it could be work easily but I couldn't found any research which alllows the 'Pollution Cleaning Logic Board'. If the tech tree is consistent, the 'Pollution Cleaning Modules 3' should allows this type os logic boards just as in the Speed/Productivity/Effectivity Modules 3 upgrade which are allowes that type os logic boards.

Thank you for yor help, and please let me know if I missed something :)

Return to “Bob's mods”