[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

delciotto
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by delciotto »

bobingabout wrote:hmmm, the mod shouldn't be intercepting blueprint placements at all, what it says in the blueprint should be what gets placed...
Yeah, it's only on that save though. I made a sandbox map and it works fine. It just acting like I don't have long inserters researched.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Productivity modules on pumps

Post by mrvn »

Alice3173 wrote:
mrvn wrote:Using beacons one can apply productivity modules on pumps. I think that is kind of broken since you can fill a barrel with oil and empty a barrel of oil and you get more barrels and oil out of it than you put in. I don't mind the oil so much. But what to do with all the barrels?
I'm pretty sure there's an option in the mod configuration to disable transmission of productivity.
Yes there is. But maybe even with that some things should not get productivity.

This might not be solvable in mods, maybe the game engine needs to solve this. I could even imagine that the pump would get productivity on the oil but not the barrel.

Xs_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xs_ »

Having an issue in my save. Running full bobs/angels inf/refining, and I'm getting pure water as a by-product from nitric oxide and hydrazine, but its unable to do anything, can't be void as either a gas or a liquid, and the recipe for barrelling is for Purified water rather than pure (so I have 2x Purified Recipes just with different icons). All I can do is stick it in tanks and manually remove it when the system gets stuck.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Pure water is supposed to be used for Electroysis recipes.
Also, you should be able to barrel my Pure water using the barrelling(water) pump. I've forgot what I even named things.

I would categorise this as an issue with angels mods for one simple reason: he chose to be the one who edits my stuff, so, if there's two, either he left it as two on purpose, or missed it.

I don't know what angel did, however, there is actually a setting in bobplates (Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates (MCI)) to turn pure water off.
From the main menu, go to main menu -> settings -> mods and find the bobplates section, and the pure water option, and turn it off, and when you do that all recipes and results in my mod will be replaced with standard water. The Distillery, and recipes to purify water will be removed as well.

Not the ideal solution (because it exists to balance things correctly), but it SHOULD (not guaranteed to, but worth a shot) fix your issue.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Xs_ wrote:Having an issue in my save. Running full bobs/angels inf/refining, and I'm getting pure water as a by-product from nitric oxide and hydrazine, but its unable to do anything, can't be void as either a gas or a liquid, and the recipe for barrelling is for Purified water rather than pure (so I have 2x Purified Recipes just with different icons). All I can do is stick it in tanks and manually remove it when the system gets stuck.
try a converter valve
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Xs_ wrote:Having an issue in my save. Running full bobs/angels inf/refining, and I'm getting pure water as a by-product from nitric oxide and hydrazine, but its unable to do anything, can't be void as either a gas or a liquid, and the recipe for barrelling is for Purified water rather than pure (so I have 2x Purified Recipes just with different icons). All I can do is stick it in tanks and manually remove it when the system gets stuck.
I'll look into it.

Xs_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xs_ »

bobingabout wrote:Pure water is supposed to be used for Electroysis recipes.
Also, you should be able to barrel my Pure water using the barrelling(water) pump. I've forgot what I even named things.

I would categorise this as an issue with angels mods for one simple reason: he chose to be the one who edits my stuff, so, if there's two, either he left it as two on purpose, or missed it.

I don't know what angel did, however, there is actually a setting in bobplates (Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates (MCI)) to turn pure water off.
From the main menu, go to main menu -> settings -> mods and find the bobplates section, and the pure water option, and turn it off, and when you do that all recipes and results in my mod will be replaced with standard water. The Distillery, and recipes to purify water will be removed as well.

Not the ideal solution (because it exists to balance things correctly), but it SHOULD (not guaranteed to, but worth a shot) fix your issue.
Yeah I did wonder if Pure Water setting was the issue Using Angel's barreling voids your barrels (outside of the gas bottles) though, so I did think it might be his doing.

Edit: Checked, it would fix it, although glad Angel saw it as it should be voidable or his barrels shouldn't break with it.
kinnom wrote:try a converter valve
Think thats petrochem if I'm not mistaken.
Arch666Angel wrote:I'll look into it.
Thanks.

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

Running Bobs/Angels and I have updated all mods recently mid game. I can't find the smelting recipe for Bronze anymore in the metal mixing furnace. It was there prior to the update. Anyone know what happened?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I don't know if angel has done anything with it, but as far as I am concerned, it should still be there. that's a recipe I haven't changed since way back in the early days, and updating shouldn't have changed anything relating to it.
I also have a Patreon.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

angel's smelting (maybe the smelting fix or extended) removed the normal alloy smelting.

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

I just have the normal Angel's Smelting installed and none of the fix/extended mods. So it must be removed in the base mod?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Northgate wrote:I just have the normal Angel's Smelting installed and none of the fix/extended mods. So it must be removed in the base mod?
Look in the tech tree, there should be additional smelting techs for all the bob alloys.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Northgate wrote:I just have the normal Angel's Smelting installed and none of the fix/extended mods. So it must be removed in the base mod?
Look in the tech tree, there should be additional smelting techs for all the bob alloys.
I checked my save and its a bit strange. I have a blue science assembly line, where I directly feed bronze from metal mixing furnaces and it still works. But I cannot reselect the recipe on a metal mixing furnace. It seems, that the recipe gets hidden by an update of angels mod, so that you have to go the smelting way.
If you use helmod, the recipe is still visible, if you check "Show disabled"
As workaround, you may be able to enable the recipe by console

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

jodokus31 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
I checked my save and its a bit strange. I have a blue science assembly line, where I directly feed bronze from metal mixing furnaces and it still works. But I cannot reselect the recipe on a metal mixing furnace. It seems, that the recipe gets hidden by an update of angels mod, so that you have to go the smelting way.
If you use helmod, the recipe is still visible, if you check "Show disabled"
As workaround, you may be able to enable the recipe by console

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

Bob, can you please allow "more inserters 1" research to be disabled in the config options like you did with long inserters 2/more inserters 2? We're trying to get rid of all +2 range inserters on the map for a more vanilla experience, but this one can't be disabled.

Thanks.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Tyrindor wrote:Bob, can you please allow "more inserters 1" research to be disabled in the config options like you did with long inserters 2/more inserters 2? We're trying to get rid of all +2 range inserters on the map for a more vanilla experience, but this one can't be disabled.

Thanks.
Ummm...

Long inserters makes 2 reach.
More inserters allows diagonals.
long inserters 2 allows 3 reach
more inserters 2 allows all possible options between diagonals.

if you have that option turned off, you shouldn't be able to make anything with a longer reach than the long inserter...
are you wanting to turn off long inserters?
I also have a Patreon.

Uriei
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Uriei »

Hi, I have a question regarding ground water with Pure Water setting ON, even if it's Pure Water, why can't it be boiled to produce steam? It's a code limitation, intended or an oversight?

EDIT: Same for Lithia Water, now I could guess this one could need some distillation process or something.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

bobingabout wrote:
Tyrindor wrote:Bob, can you please allow "more inserters 1" research to be disabled in the config options like you did with long inserters 2/more inserters 2? We're trying to get rid of all +2 range inserters on the map for a more vanilla experience, but this one can't be disabled.

Thanks.
Ummm...

Long inserters makes 2 reach.
More inserters allows diagonals.
long inserters 2 allows 3 reach
more inserters 2 allows all possible options between diagonals.

if you have that option turned off, you shouldn't be able to make anything with a longer reach than the long inserter...
are you wanting to turn off long inserters?
When I tested a few hours ago, More inserters 1 gave me diagonals for up to +2 range (1 block longer than long inserters would) even though I had More Inserters 2 and Long Inserters 2 disabled in the config. Maybe it's a bug?

But yes, I don't want diagonals or anything longer than the vanilla long inserter. I've went in and deleted the code for "more inserters 1", which gives us what we want but it'd be nice to have the config setting so it saves whenever the mod updates.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Uriei wrote:Hi, I have a question regarding ground water with Pure Water setting ON, even if it's Pure Water, why can't it be boiled to produce steam? It's a code limitation, intended or an oversight?

EDIT: Same for Lithia Water, now I could guess this one could need some distillation process or something.
The new boiler system in 0.15 specifically calls for "water", the standard base game variation of it. Lithia water was automatically broken when they did this. Pure water is broken too.

I agree, it's dumb that you can only boil dirty sodium chloride salt water, and not the pure, or lithia salt kind, unfortunately, there's not anything I can really do about it.
I also have a Patreon.

Uriei
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Uriei »

bobingabout wrote:
Uriei wrote:Hi, I have a question regarding ground water with Pure Water setting ON, even if it's Pure Water, why can't it be boiled to produce steam? It's a code limitation, intended or an oversight?

The new boiler system in 0.15 specifically calls for "water", the standard base game variation of it. Lithia water was automatically broken when they did this. Pure water is broken too.

I agree, it's dumb that you can only boil dirty sodium chloride salt water, and not the pure, or lithia salt kind, unfortunately, there's not anything I can really do about it.
I guess you would have to code a whole new boiler just for that, I understand the pain.

EDIT: Maybe an option to change Ground Water from Pure H2O to regular Water could help, I would be happy with that.

Return to “Bob's mods”