[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Air
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Air »

Try, disabling your mods so you can play some different configuration of mods or even vanilla. When you enable them back, all settings are lost and you revert back to default!!!!
Oh man! I do that all the time!
But the game has to save these settings somewhere. Surely there is a file... I doubt it would save them in the registry.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Air wrote:
Try, disabling your mods so you can play some different configuration of mods or even vanilla. When you enable them back, all settings are lost and you revert back to default!!!!
Oh man! I do that all the time!
But the game has to save these settings somewhere. Surely there is a file... I doubt it would save them in the registry.
mod-settings.json
Located in the factorio installation directory. (At least that's where it is for me, using the zip download from the factorio website)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Zarnoo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zarnoo »

Just a quick note.. 0.15 is the first time I've tried to play a game with bobsmods.. You Rock !! I love some of these, but I also hate you.. it's like playing a completely different game.. Now... how do I make batteries again ?!? lol

Z

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Quite a few updates today (Since I didn't release what I did yesterday)

Logistics.
Tech
MCI, Added pure water, and brought back the water bore recipes to the water pump.
Finally fixed the ores mod waters
Slight greenhouse update that won't even do anything, YET.
And added a Roboport MK2 to vehicle equipment.

I don't even remember what I did on Logistics and Tech, Check the changelog on the first page.

Zarnoo wrote:Just a quick note.. 0.15 is the first time I've tried to play a game with bobsmods.. You Rock !! I love some of these, but I also hate you.. it's like playing a completely different game.. Now... how do I make batteries again ?!? lol

Z
Sulfuric acid, lead plates, and plastic. I think the base game had sulfuric acid, copper plate and iron plate.
I also have a Patreon.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

bobingabout wrote: Slight greenhouse update that won't even do anything, YET.
Actually, it does!

Your check for Ammonia gas makes it being added to the recipe when Petrochem is in the game. So, now fertilizer requires ammonia but also Urea gas, that is made with Ammonia.
But this isnt the worse.

The worse is that now it has 3 ingredients, so it cant use the normal chemical plants and forces to use Angels chemical Plants due the 3 inputs, breaking all the builds

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I'm not sure you can blame me for that. It's not one of my typical ingredient replacements, it's Recipe A, B or C:

If Ammonia exists, ingredients = Ammonia and Nitric Acid.
Else, If Nitrogen exists, ingredients = Nitrogen and Petroleum Gas.
Else do nothing. (ingredients = Sulfur, Petroleum Gas and Stone.)

If the recipe is any different than any of these three, it means someone else is editing my recipe.
Though, perhaps we can work out who is doing it, and try and come up with a solution?

The reason my recipe checks for Ammonia is because I plan to add it sometime soon.

On another note: Has anyone turned on Pure water? I would like feedback on how it plays, and if I should change anything about it.
I also have a Patreon.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

bobingabout wrote:I'm not sure you can blame me for that. It's not one of my typical ingredient replacements, it's Recipe A, B or C:

If Ammonia exists, ingredients = Ammonia and Nitric Acid.
Else, If Nitrogen exists, ingredients = Nitrogen and Petroleum Gas.
Else do nothing. (ingredients = Sulfur, Petroleum Gas and Stone.)

If the recipe is any different than any of these three, it means someone else is editing my recipe.
Though, perhaps we can work out who is doing it, and try and come up with a solution?

The reason my recipe checks for Ammonia is because I plan to add it sometime soon.

On another note: Has anyone turned on Pure water? I would like feedback on how it plays, and if I should change anything about it.
Ok...I found the issue.

I also had this TreeSapling mod that added another ammonia recipe and probably running something at the wrong phase of loading, so it was causing a merge of your recipe with angels recipe instead of angels overwriting it to use only Urea.
Not the best mod really... I really hate when people make small mods just to add one feature and totally ignore how it behave with other common mods...
I removed it :P

aMannus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aMannus »

I'm trying to activate the god modules in Bob's Modules. I've changed the setting "bobmods-modules-enablegodmodules" in the settings.lua to default to true, but I'm still not seeing it in-game. I've tried starting a new game to check if it was any different, but I'm not seeing them there either. Am I missing something?

The rest of the modules are showing up just fine by the way.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

There doesn't seem to be a recipe to barrel and unbarrel Ferric Chloride Solution.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

I noticed that your 'filling pumps' have a fluid_box of 1.
Due to rounding errors and the new 10 time more for fluids, this might cause issues has it had caused to angels. The fluid will gets stuck at a 9 and refuses to completely fill, jamming the machine.

Maybe increase it, giving the machine a buffer and making sure it always has enough fluid to fill the container.

Also, are canisters coming back?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aMannus wrote:I'm trying to activate the god modules in Bob's Modules. I've changed the setting "bobmods-modules-enablegodmodules" in the settings.lua to default to true, but I'm still not seeing it in-game. I've tried starting a new game to check if it was any different, but I'm not seeing them there either. Am I missing something?

You're doing it wrong. NEVER edit any code in the mod(Unless of course you know what you're doing, and are intending to mod my mod for personal use), all that will do is prevent you from being able to connect to a multiplayer game.

You need to load the game and then in the main menu go to options -> Mods and edit the settings in that menu.
nagapito wrote:I noticed that your 'filling pumps' have a fluid_box of 1.
Due to rounding errors and the new 10 time more for fluids, this might cause issues has it had caused to angels. The fluid will gets stuck at a 9 and refuses to completely fill, jamming the machine.

Maybe increase it, giving the machine a buffer and making sure it always has enough fluid to fill the container.

Also, are canisters coming back?
Fluid box sizes shouldn't have changed from the previous game, but I'll look into it.

Canisters are Semi-back, I've just reskinned the barrel skin for now. I'll look into it later.

EDIT: Just checked, my filling pumps have a base_area of 10. not sure where this 1 comes from.
Recon777 wrote:There doesn't seem to be a recipe to barrel and unbarrel Ferric Chloride Solution.
There should be, it just doesn't look like a barrel, it looks like a plastic canister.
I also have a Patreon.

aMannus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aMannus »

bobingabout wrote:
aMannus wrote:I'm trying to activate the god modules in Bob's Modules. I've changed the setting "bobmods-modules-enablegodmodules" in the settings.lua to default to true, but I'm still not seeing it in-game. I've tried starting a new game to check if it was any different, but I'm not seeing them there either. Am I missing something?

You're doing it wrong. NEVER edit any code in the mod(Unless of course you know what you're doing, and are intending to mod my mod for personal use), all that will do is prevent you from being able to connect to a multiplayer game.

You need to load the game and then in the main menu go to options -> Mods and edit the settings in that menu.
I'm sorry. I did google for quite a while trying to find where I could enable them, but they were all from a while ago and talking about bobconfig, which wasn't updated. So I figured the settings.lua inside the actual mod was just you putting the configs in each mod seperately. I haven't once seen the ingame mod menu mentioned, so I guess that's why I missed it.

Anyway, it works now, so thank you very much. Also for making the mod of course, having a lot of fun with the added complexity, spaghetti-ing my materials to where they need to be.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aMannus wrote:I haven't once seen the ingame mod menu mentioned, so I guess that's why I missed it.
It's a new features of 0.15.

Also, you're welcome, And I'm glad you got it working!

Also, mods updated yet again. Plates(MCI) and a minor change to Electronics.
I also have a Patreon.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

bobingabout wrote:
Recon777 wrote:There doesn't seem to be a recipe to barrel and unbarrel Ferric Chloride Solution.
There should be, it just doesn't look like a barrel, it looks like a plastic canister.
Aha. Found it. With the low contrast image, it looks like a chocolate bar with a drop on it or something. ;)
I suppose it competes with Light Oil for appearance.

Also, I remember you saying that the crafting menu icons were fixed on your end but low priority and will go in when you update. Fluids, Materials, and Intermediate Products all still show just the one low-resolution symbol for me. Though Logistics is now fixed. Just making sure that this is expected.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Recon777 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
Aha. Found it. With the low contrast image, it looks like a chocolate bar with a drop on it or something. ;)
I suppose it competes with Light Oil for appearance.

Also, I remember you saying that the crafting menu icons were fixed on your end but low priority and will go in when you update. Fluids, Materials, and Intermediate Products all still show just the one low-resolution symbol for me. Though Logistics is now fixed. Just making sure that this is expected.
They should all be fixed and released now. As said, they still look fine on my end, are you sure all mods are up to date?
I also have a Patreon.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

@bobbingabout

I'm kind of confused why advanced electronics 3 research doesn't require high tech science packs. You get high tech science packs from advanced electronics 2 but you only need production science packs for advanced electronics 3. seems weird.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

bobingabout wrote:They should all be fixed and released now. As said, they still look fine on my end, are you sure all mods are up to date?
Ahh. Nevermind, it was actually today's update which fixed it. I happened to not install that until a little bit ago.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

npuldon wrote:@bobbingabout

I'm kind of confused why advanced electronics 3 research doesn't require high tech science packs. You get high tech science packs from advanced electronics 2 but you only need production science packs for advanced electronics 3. seems weird.
I'll take a look at it, but I think the progression is...
Electronics = 1
Advanced = 1+2
Advanced2 = 1+2+3
Advanced3 = 1+2+3+P

Depending what other things cost, I could changed advanced electronics to 1+2+3+H (Lets face it, it's an intermediate, it doesn't need to be categorised as Production.)
Recon777 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:They should all be fixed and released now. As said, they still look fine on my end, are you sure all mods are up to date?
Ahh. Nevermind, it was actually today's update which fixed it. I happened to not install that until a little bit ago.
I thought it was solved a long time before, if it wasn't actually fixed until last night, I'm guessing the issue was in the electronics mod, and I must have forgot to note that I made that change, and therefore didn't realise I needed to release that update.
I also have a Patreon.

Judqment8
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Judqment8 »

How are you supposed to mine Lithia Water? I have a Water Pumpjack on them, but nothing comes out.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Judqment8 wrote:How are you supposed to mine Lithia Water? I have a Water Pumpjack on them, but nothing comes out.
That is how you're supposed to mine it.
Make sure you have the latest version, the initial release was broken.

If that still doesn't work, try a normal pumpjack.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”