[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by TheTom »

nagapito wrote:Almost forgot....

How about a new logistic/contruction robot MK5 that would have the same stats of a MK4 but not require recharging and would require a fusion reactor, uranium cell and the mk4 to be assembled?
Only once they figure out how fusion rectors use power cells that sLOWLY run down and put in a recharge mechanism for that - may take long, but I do not like "never refuel" mechanics ;)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Shielder wrote:Bob, Will the HD icons be used in the research and crafting menu ?
I already use HD icons where there are available. There's actually a mix around the place of 32, 64 and 128 size icons.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

bobingabout wrote:Alright, Power mod is out. As you know with the change to boilers and steam engines, all new stats.
So you can never get a Steam Engine 3 to run at 100% capacity with boilers? And with nuclear it will waste heat. That seems... odd.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

How about a new logistic/contruction robot MK5 that would have the same stats of a MK4 but not require recharging and would require a fusion reactor, uranium cell and the mk4 to be assembled?
I simply modified Fusion Robots for Bob's mod.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Some of the upgrade research is the same cost as the previous one. Example: Robotics and Robotics 2 cost the same. This happens a lot. Is it intentional?

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

bobingabout wrote:As for the pumps, they were disabled on purpose, because barrelling is handled entirely by the base game now. The air pump remains for use to create compressed air. In theory, I probably should remove that too and just add the recipe to the assembling machine. Or I could get clever and just make a small 1x1 compressor, the 2x2 size was only needed to allow barrelling to have inserters access.
Would you consider re-adding them? A lot of my Hyperspeed fluid setups requires those 2x2 entities because they allow more than 150u/s (1500u/s now on 0.15) fluid speed since tank-to-tank or assembly-to-assembly don't have speed cap on fluids. But if the pumps are still a no, then no biggie, I'll figure something out.

Rink
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rink »

Longtime fan here, eagerly updating the mods as you update them daily.
Not sure where to report bugs, so il just drop this one here for now. I just added logistics, got the research for inserters(long, near, etc) But they dont have any items allocated to it. Nothing gets showed as "This would be unlocked", and after researching they also dont show up.

If i remember correctly you used to put all of them into a seperate tab, and thats also not showing up.

Just wanted to inform you, and i assume there is a better place to say this.. Sorry for that.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

oLaudix wrote:

I simply modified Fusion Robots for Bob's mod.
Did you ever noticed who is that mod author? :)

So the reason to ask since now there is nuclear items in the game, it kinda made some sense but if he doesnt plan to do it, I will just upgrade the mod and do some nuclear integrations

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Recon777 wrote:Some of the upgrade research is the same cost as the previous one. Example: Robotics and Robotics 2 cost the same. This happens a lot. Is it intentional?
First pass: Make things work
Second pass: Check that things make sense.

There's a high likely hood things like this will happen while I'm still updating mods to work with 0.15. I'll have to go through and check for things like this later on.
Mobius1 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:As for the pumps, they were disabled on purpose, because barrelling is handled entirely by the base game now. The air pump remains for use to create compressed air. In theory, I probably should remove that too and just add the recipe to the assembling machine. Or I could get clever and just make a small 1x1 compressor, the 2x2 size was only needed to allow barrelling to have inserters access.
Would you consider re-adding them? A lot of my Hyperspeed fluid setups requires those 2x2 entities because they allow more than 150u/s (1500u/s now on 0.15) fluid speed since tank-to-tank or assembly-to-assembly don't have speed cap on fluids. But if the pumps are still a no, then no biggie, I'll figure something out.
I don't know how useful it will be to you, but I did update "Small pump" MK2 to MK4 to the new standard, and the "small pump" of 0.5 units of fluid per... time, went up to 200. Given new measurements, that's still 40 times as powerful. And I similarly updated their speeds massively for 0.15. So although there's no water pump for fluid packing, there is still the pump that should be pretty fast.
Rink wrote:Longtime fan here, eagerly updating the mods as you update them daily.
Not sure where to report bugs, so il just drop this one here for now. I just added logistics, got the research for inserters(long, near, etc) But they dont have any items allocated to it. Nothing gets showed as "This would be unlocked", and after researching they also dont show up.

If i remember correctly you used to put all of them into a seperate tab, and thats also not showing up.

Just wanted to inform you, and i assume there is a better place to say this.. Sorry for that.
Okay... Base game, long inserter is unlocked with automation, fast by logistics, and filter on electronics. then the express inserters technology is available to unlock express and filter express. Advanced electronics and logistics 2 adds stack inserter research, that unlocks stack and filter stack, which leads to stack 2 which unlocks express stack and express filter stack inserters....

Long, More and Near inserter technologies DO NOT unlock anything directly, however, this is what they do:
There is a button of an express (Cyan (light blue) coloured) inserter at the top of the screen, this will open a menu. Researching these technologies will add options to that menu. (Long adds Long inserter toggle, Near adds Near side of belt placement, and More allows you to specify long input/output seperatly)
If you also have bob inserters installed, it will add extra options in that mod too. (Long2 and More2 are also in the inserters mod)(Long (and long 2) add options to where you can set the range, near allows you to specify the drop location within the tile, and More (and more 2) allows you to specify diagonals and more rotation options)
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Tbh I don't think you need upgraded pumps now.
Basic one has now potential throughput of 12k/second (since the value is in amount per tick) but there is not much that can support it. There is a test around and it can get to more then 8k/s when pumping out of tank. Pipes are the limiting factor here - I'm wondering if the bigger pipes you have in mod would be better with throughput when used with pumps.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

So... With the removel of barrels/canisters/etc.... we lost the liquid fuel canister and is awesome fuel value.
It also made liquid fuel totally useless...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

nagapito wrote:So... With the removel of barrels/canisters/etc.... we lost the liquid fuel canister and is awesome fuel value.
I forgot about that item.
But it's not completely useless (Okay, fair enough, it is RIGHT NOW, because nothing uses it yet). If you look back at 0.14 (and earlier) it is also a component of my rocket ammo, and I plan to use it in the revamp mod as part of the rocket fuel recipe.
I also have a Patreon.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

bobingabout wrote:
nagapito wrote:So... With the removel of barrels/canisters/etc.... we lost the liquid fuel canister and is awesome fuel value.
But it's not completely useless (Okay, fair enough, it is RIGHT NOW, because nothing uses it yet). If you look back at 0.14 (and earlier) it is also a component of my rocket ammo, and I plan to use it in the revamp mod as part of the rocket fuel recipe.
So, no more fuel canister?

I can migrate for another form of fueling my trains or it might come back and I just need a temporary solution?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

nagapito wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
So, no more fuel canister?

I can migrate for another form of fueling my trains or it might come back and I just need a temporary solution?
There are no current plans to bring it back.
I also have a Patreon.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

And you strike again!!!

I finish converting angels mods and decide to try converting and fixing the vehicle mods just to find out that is way much harder then I was expecting, so I decide to wait just to find out you had just uploaded the new version :)

Only missing bob's warfare so I can have my radars back and I can update my map to v15 (I can live with the rest of the non updated mods).
I really was expecting this to take much more time!!!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

nagapito wrote:And you strike again!!!

I finish converting angels mods and decide to try converting and fixing the vehicle mods just to find out that is way much harder then I was expecting, so I decide to wait just to find out you had just uploaded the new version :)

Only missing bob's warfare so I can have my radars back and I can update my map to v15 (I can live with the rest of the non updated mods).
I really was expecting this to take much more time!!!
You're welcome.

I'm scared to even look at updating warfare mod, I know it's going to take a while.

Warfare isn't the end though, Revamp comes after that!
I also have a Patreon.

SpeedDaemon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SpeedDaemon »

I've been looking around... is there somewhere we can contribute to the "Bob's Debugging Fluid Fund?" :D

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

SpeedDaemon wrote:I've been looking around... is there somewhere we can contribute to the "Bob's Debugging Fluid Fund?" :D
bobingabout wrote:I have a paypal. I don't advertise it. It is however my contact email in the mods.

Naxza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Naxza »

Since Angel's mods got updated to work with bobplates, I've got both running now. What I don't have, however, is a means of making Bobplates Carbon for the Electronic Components recipe, and it seems that the closest thing, angelspetrochem Carbon, is not sufficient or compatible. Am I missing a recipe somewhere?

TheDoctor89
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheDoctor89 »

Naxza wrote:Since Angel's mods got updated to work with bobplates, I've got both running now. What I don't have, however, is a means of making Bobplates Carbon for the Electronic Components recipe, and it seems that the closest thing, angelspetrochem Carbon, is not sufficient or compatible. Am I missing a recipe somewhere?
I seem to be running against the same issue. The PetroChem Carbon isn't compatible and I don't know how to make the correct carbon.

Return to “Bob's mods”