[0.12.x][v0.12.12] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Which of the new v0.7 additions do you like the best?

Advanced Electronics 3 with CPUs
25%
The Nitrogen/Ceramic chain
17%
The new Pumps and barrel/bottle recipes
11%
The new types of pipes
11%
Factory reballancing
14%
The new Electrolyser graphics!
23%

Total votes: 234

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.7.7] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediat

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote: hello I have a question I made for myself a couple of calcium chloride retsptov. introduced in the codes

but the changes in the game does not display, how to make it yato would appear?

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.resetrecipes()
	/c game.player.force.resettechnologies()
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:
Airat9000 wrote: hello I have a question I made for myself a couple of calcium chloride retsptov. introduced in the codes

but the changes in the game does not display, how to make it yato would appear?

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.resetrecipes()
	/c game.player.force.resettechnologies()
thanks bro! work)

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

0.11.16 swapped input on chemical plants on some recipes. HCl production had swapped Cl and H inputs. I edited it so you should know. Also HS production was affected too. Easy fix but you should probably know.

I had to swap in "sulfuric-acid-2"
{type="fluid", name="water", amount=1},
{type="fluid", name="sulfur-dioxide", amount=1}

and in "hydrogen-chloride"

{type="fluid", name="chlorine", amount=0.5},
{type="fluid", name="hydrogen", amount=0.5}

We're not yet at cobalt processing so i'll let you know if that needs changing.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.7.8] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediat

Post by bobingabout »

input order was determined by game engine, therefore the input order of fluids was beyond my control. if this has now changed, as you sugest, then I will have to go through recipies. thankyou for pointing that out.

EDIT:
Complete list so far...
Hydrogen Chloride (I also want to check salt water electrolysis output.)
sulfuric acid from Sulfur dioxide recpie
Nitric acid
petroleum gas cracking to hydrogen

and from the unreleased warfare mod:
acid mix
nitroglycerin

EDIT:
as a point of interest, Input order is now defined by the order you define them in the recipe, but output order is still automatic.

EDIT:
Released the fix.
I also have a Patreon.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

bobingabout wrote:and from the unreleased warfare mod:
You tease.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Degraine wrote:
bobingabout wrote:and from the unreleased warfare mod:
You tease.
I'll try and get around to doing something with it soon, then I can release it.
I also have a Patreon.

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.7.8] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Post by Xeteth »

Just wondering what people do with the excess sodium hydroxide? Is there any way of using this up somehow? I have enormous amounts of the stuff (way more than what's needed for the aluminium stuff)?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Xeteth wrote:Just wondering what people do with the excess sodium hydroxide? Is there any way of using this up somehow? I have enormous amounts of the stuff (way more than what's needed for the aluminium stuff)?
I think everyone has that problem, I've already reduced the quantity you get from the process too. I guess I either need to use aluminium more often, or think of something else to use it on. Sugestions?
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

bobingabout wrote:
Xeteth wrote:Just wondering what people do with the excess sodium hydroxide? Is there any way of using this up somehow? I have enormous amounts of the stuff (way more than what's needed for the aluminium stuff)?
I think everyone has that problem, I've already reduced the quantity you get from the process too. I guess I either need to use aluminium more often, or think of something else to use it on. Sugestions?
Duh! You can make more wooden boards with it if you use wood+NaOH or basic wooden board. Whiter board will be better for electronics? I don't know it well, it's just some thing you may consider.

Chemical pulping
Main article: Pulp (paper)

Sodium hydroxide is also widely used in pulping of wood for making paper or regenerated fibers. Along with sodium sulfide, sodium hydroxide is a key component of the white liquor solution used to separate lignin from cellulose fibers in the kraft process. It also plays a key role in several later stages of the process of bleaching the brown pulp resulting from the pulping process. These stages include oxygen delignification, oxidative extraction, and simple extraction, all of which require a strong alkaline environment with a pH > 10.5 at the end of the stages.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Possibly, though it sounds like the process would need real wood, undoing the oil substitution I made earlier, unless you could make paper out of synthetic wood.
I also have a Patreon.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

cpy wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
Duh! You can make more wooden boards with it if you use wood+NaOH or basic wooden board. Whiter board will be better for electronics? I don't know it well, it's just some thing you may consider.

Chemical pulping
Main article: Pulp (paper)

Sodium hydroxide is also widely used in pulping of wood for making paper or regenerated fibers. Along with sodium sulfide, sodium hydroxide is a key component of the white liquor solution used to separate lignin from cellulose fibers in the kraft process. It also plays a key role in several later stages of the process of bleaching the brown pulp resulting from the pulping process. These stages include oxygen delignification, oxidative extraction, and simple extraction, all of which require a strong alkaline environment with a pH > 10.5 at the end of the stages.
I like this idea. I often destroy the chests with the excess since they have no use for me.

Blackphantom434
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Blackphantom434 »

hey bob, suggestion for your mod.

how about a valve to release gasses into the air, (like O2)
since i'm just beginning to use your mod. i have some elektrolysers to make solid fuel from H2, and that's about it. but now i have too many O2 that needs to go somewhere.
If i could have something just release it, that would be awesome.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

in the later game, O2 can be in quite the high demand, depends what you're doing with it, and you end up making fuel blocks from Hydrogen simply to get rid of it.

In any case, there was actually a Recipe to vent Oxygen at one point. The game doesn't handle these very well, and it used to cause crashs, so I removed it. This is actually one of the reasons why you can "Bottle" all of my elemental gasses, this helps things in 2 ways. Firstly it removes the "fluid" from the pipes, keeping the production clean and constantly flowing. Secondly, it lets you use Belts, or even Logistic Robots to carry the "Fluid" to a location that would be difficult to plumb in with pipes.
I also have a Patreon.

sadris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by sadris »

Can you add an option to disable the Pipes? I play with DyTech and his pipe tooltips are more verbose and I think have higher capacity.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Pipes will be removed from this mod in the next major update, they're moving to Logistics mod (they're already in the latest logistics mod actually), I could add an option to disable pipes in there.
Also, Higher capacity isn't necasarilly a good thing, it slows down the flow speed, and actually prevents the fluid from going as far.
I also have a Patreon.

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pyrolytic_tungsten »

Blackphantom434 wrote: how about a valve to release gasses into the air, (like O2)
since i'm just beginning to use your mod. i have some elektrolysers to make solid fuel from H2, and that's about it. but now i have too many O2 that needs to go somewhere.
Don't forget steam engines can be used to get rid of fluids.

Blackphantom434
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

pyrolytic_tungsten wrote:
Blackphantom434 wrote: how about a valve to release gasses into the air, (like O2)
Don't forget steam engines can be used to get rid of fluids.
can steam engines run on something else than water? that's at least counter intuîtive...

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Remember that the fluid system is not fully realised yet. Gas-like parameters for fluids do not play nicely, which is probably part of the reason that water merely becomes 'hot' water rather than turning into steam after it has passed through boilers. And steam engines don't ask any questions about the type of fluid they're taking in, just its temperature.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

Blackphantom434 wrote:hey bob, suggestion for your mod.

how about a valve to release gasses into the air, (like O2)

Alpha mod has an open pipe to ground thing which i use a lot to dispose unwanted fluids. This creates a lot of pollution too so it encourages the player to try and use the fluids instead, unless you're not worried about pollution.

Blackphantom434
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Degraine wrote:Remember that the fluid system is not fully realised yet. Gas-like parameters for fluids do not play nicely, which is probably part of the reason that water merely becomes 'hot' water rather than turning into steam after it has passed through boilers. And steam engines don't ask any questions about the type of fluid they're taking in, just its temperature.
ah ok :)

btw bob: how about adding some kind of warehouse (2x2 or 3x3) with lots of storage space, to store NaOH ... I really have way to much of that stuff.
Or how about a recipe to compact it e.g. 100 NaOH make one NAOH thingy (enter lovely name here), those thingies can then be stacked per 100 or 200, so the space taken in by the NaOH would be far less...

Return to “Bob's mods”