Multiplayer Desync When Using Passive Provider Chests

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Multiplayer Desync When Using Passive Provider Chests

Post by RocketManChronicles »

This is an interesting issue. It seems I cause a server desync when using the Passive Provider Chests. I am linking to a few of my desync reports doing various actions.

This is a private server which my friend owns and hosts. Only three of us play on this server, I have more hours than the other two combined. We have had no issues until we unlocked the Roboports and its Logistic Network. I have placed several Passive Provider Chests prior to this endless series of desyncs. Now, all I have to do is select the Passive Provider Chests in my inventory and desync. I don't even have to try to place it, as soon as I reference it, we go into desync.

Here is a desync deselecting the Passive Provider Chest from active on the cursor:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50Q5V ... sp=sharing

Here is a desync selecting the Passive Provider Chest in my inventory (making active on cursor):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B50Q5 ... UVyc0Y3akU

I can repeat these on command.

Here are the mods we are playing with:
Base Mod
Bob's Assembly 0.14.0
Bob's Config 0.14.0
Bob's Electronics 0.14.0
Bob's Electronics gfxtweak 0.14.0
Bob's Enemies 0.14.0
Bob Greenhouse 0.14.0
Bob's Inserters 0.14.3
Bob's Library 0.14.3
Bob's Logistics 0.14.5
Bob's Mining 0.14.0
Bob's Modules 0.14.2
Bob's Ores 0.14.0
Bob's Plates 0.14.0
Bob's Power 0.14.0
Bob's Revamp 0.14.2
Bob's Tech 0.14.0
Bob's Vehicle Equipment 0.14.2
Bob's Warfare 0.14.2
Factorio Maps 0.7.2
RSO Mod 2.3.0

Well.... In the process of recreating these desyncs and reports, I solved the issue. I decided that it might be just what I was dealing with, so I went over to where we are making the Passive Provider Chests and try to update my inventory. Before I added more, I had 35 in my inventory; I SHIFT+clicked a stack (50) over, and now have 50 + 34. So, it seems that stack in my inventory was off from what the server said I should have on me, and this now fixed all of the desyncs. I had my two friends update their stacks and now none of us desync. So, I guess this was a story to tell. :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multiplayer Desync When Using Passive Provider Chests

Post by bobingabout »

That would cause a desync.

Which is fairly odd... It's a base game item, not modified with by my mods, I'm not sure of the specifics, but I'd bet this was a base game issue.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Multiplayer Desync When Using Passive Provider Chests

Post by RocketManChronicles »

Well, it has gotten worse. It seems that many items are randomly causing desyncs, like steel chests, express conveyors, and blueprints for example. I am going to post this same thing in the main forums for multiplayer with mods.

Return to “Bob's mods”