[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Keep merged Galena, or change to seperate Lead and Nickel ores?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 am

Galena gives Lead and Nickel
56%
Lead and Nickel as seperate ore fields.
11%
Keep Galena, and add another mod that adds Nickel ore fields. (turning Galena to Lead ore)
33%

Total votes: 9

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by bobingabout »

hexatriene wrote:I've been playing with 0.12.7 in multiplayer mode and for some reason I can't find cobaltite (cobalt ore) anywhere. Of course I tried the command as instructed:

Code: Select all

/c game.regenerate_entity("cobalt-ore")
but I get an error message:
Error: Entity cobalt-ore is not autoplaceable.
Okay, to begin with, Cobaltite is disabled by default, because you don't need it. Note: you don't NEED it, it can still be useful, but being useful isn't needing it. If you want it you can enable it in config mod.
Arch666Angel wrote:@hexatriene
Get the bob config mod, it is basically the config file for all of bobmods, there you can enable the cobaltite without changing code
The question though is... Why do you want it?
If you're going to say "I need it to make cobalt, to make Lithium Ion Batteries, and Cobalt-steel", well, no you don't, you only need Cobalt Oxide.

By default, you are expected to gain cobalt as you would IRL, by obtaining it from other ores, in this case Copper. When you research Cobalt Processing, it will unlock an advanced copper processing recipe, that takes Copper ore, Coal and Stone, and gives you 7(I think it's actually a random number 6 to 10 or something) Copper plates, and 1 Cobalt oxide.

And that's how you're expected to get cobalt.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Exomniject
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Exomniject »

Hey guy ! Was just wondering what I would need to do in order to use the Bob's Ore to make All sources of Ore unlimited, Or as I've read elsewhere with only surface level detail, to have similar properties to Oil in that merely the Yield over time decreases closer to a minimum rather then 0, and also, how I would control that ¿ ? Thank you !

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

There is an option in bobmods to turn all the resources into infinite ones. Then there are several mods to give you infinite resources, namely the endless resource mod which turns all the resource to infinite and my own angelsinfinite ores, which let you have regular and infinite resources side by side.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Exomniject wrote:Hey guy ! Was just wondering what I would need to do in order to use the Bob's Ore to make All sources of Ore unlimited, Or as I've read elsewhere with only surface level detail, to have similar properties to Oil in that merely the Yield over time decreases closer to a minimum rather then 0, and also, how I would control that ¿ ? Thank you !
To make all ores infinite:
Download Config mod
Extract it into the mods folder (Don't use the zip directly)
Open config.lua, and look for the line bobmods.config.InfiniteOre = false (3rd entry)
Change it to bobmods.config.InfiniteOre = true, save and exit the file
Voila, all ores are now infinite.

Unfortunately, no easy way to change the min/max values.
I also have a Patreon.

Exomniject
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Exomniject »

Arch666Angel wrote:There is an option in bobmods to turn all the resources into infinite ones. Then there are several mods to give you infinite resources, namely the endless resource mod which turns all the resource to infinite and my own angelsinfinite ores, which let you have regular and infinite resources side by side.

Nice, but do you know how to specifically do so through Bobs ores / Bob's config? I would very much so know how to specifically access the command prompt in the game, as, Also, I play on a Crapbook (Macbook :p ), And, more specifically what I need to do Through Bob's Config to change the values to make ores infinite or More like Oil

Exomniject
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Exomniject »

bobingabout wrote:
Exomniject wrote:Hey guy ! Was just wondering what I would need to do in order to use the Bob's Ore to make All sources of Ore unlimited, Or as I've read elsewhere with only surface level detail, to have similar properties to Oil in that merely the Yield over time decreases closer to a minimum rather then 0, and also, how I would control that ¿ ? Thank you !
Download Config mod
Open config.lua, and look for the line bobmods.config.InfiniteOre = false (3rd entry)

Oh Sh_t ! I didn't register your post until after I posted again, Thanks man, I'm trying this now

Exomniject
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Exomniject »

bobingabout wrote:
Download Config mod

Ok, I've hit a wall. As I said before I'm running on a Macbook, and I don't have a program to open the config.lua file within Bob's Config.

I know this might be getting out of the area of your mods, but any suggestions ¿

**EDIT** : I've found that I can use the Console app to open the file, and I've found where it reads 'bobmods.config.InfiniteOre = false', But I can't make any alterations to the text within!

What am I doing wrong / Is there a better way to make this small change ¿

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Exomniject wrote:Ok, I've hit a wall. As I said before I'm running on a Macbook, and I don't have a program to open the config.lua file within Bob's Config.

I know this might be getting out of the area of your mods, but any suggestions ¿
Lua is basically just text. On windows I open the files in notepad/wordpad.
Now, Windows does not associate it as a text file by default, the first time you have to basically force windows to open it with that program, because it doesn't know what to do with the file.
Now, I am not familier with a mac, but the standard text editing software should do the same.

If not, Sublime Text is another one I often use, but again, I don't know macs, so I don't know if it is available for mac.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You can use attached mod.
You can edit minimum/normal values to change at what percentage ore will stop depleting. It's setup to 20% in the file - percentage is calculated as minimum/normal.
Attachments
endless-resources_0.3.0.zip
(841 Bytes) Downloaded 105 times

Rohrschneider
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rohrschneider »

Hi Guys. we play with the shadowmegamodpack. the 0.12.7 we find no nickel more on the map and not as byproduct. quick help would be nice. thank you :)

silver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by silver »

I have also no Nickel on the map?

How or where do I get it ?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

WIth default bobs settings, nickel comes from mining galena which also gives lead.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

And you will get lots of nickel that you don't need - and you'll use lead for normal produciton of electronics a lot if you are using electronics mod.

silver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by silver »

THX

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Using the config mod, in config.lua, nickle is controlled by the 3 lines.

bobmods.config.ores.LeadGivesNickel = true
bobmods.config.ores.LeadNickelRatio = 0.75
bobmods.config.ores.EnableNickelOre = false

if you prefer nickle ore fields instead of getting it along with lead, then you should change the following

bobmods.config.ores.LeadGivesNickel = false
bobmods.config.ores.EnableNickelOre = true

Also, this sugested change will be the default configuration in version 0.13.
I also have a Patreon.

Shin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shin »

More ores is something that I always wanted. Thanks Bob for all your cool mods! :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Shin wrote:More ores is something that I always wanted. Thanks Bob for all your cool mods! :D
And if you ever wanted to create even more via modding, my library mod has a function that allows you to create a whole new ore in just 2 lines of code! All you need to add manually is a locale entry, and an icon graphic. Though to do something more meaningful, you need to define about a dozen variables first. (Name and Icon are required, but you probably want a few others in there too, like the colour etc)

I think it was one of the later 0.12 series releases that changed the way I defined the ores to use a function, and a few releases later to require the Library mod.

Of course, when it comes to putting that ore to some use, you're on your own for creating recipes and bars etc.
I also have a Patreon.

Nickname34
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nickname34 »

how do you change the config??????????????

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

If you don't have bobconfig you need to edit data.lua in mod folder, folder "bobores_0.12.7" (unzip it if you haven't done it)

If you have bobconfig it's in bobconfig folder, file config.lua.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Lisi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lisi »

I have a problem with ore generation in a existing world - mod think that my starting area = tons of tiles*tons of tiles, so when i generated or regenerated ores, they spawn waay of the starting point. It could not be problem, if only i had not my enemies settings turned on by maximum, as well as me using bobs warfare from the start and 99,4% evolution. Is it possible to decrease starting area only for bob's ores? I do not want to spawn ores myself, as i consider it cheating to spawn on my secured place, and i cant go in the middle of biters to spawn it there.

Return to “Bob's mods”