[14.x][Bug] - Jet fuel is steel beams

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Guinness2702
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[14.x][Bug] - Jet fuel is steel beams

Post by Guinness2702 »

HI, I posted this in the main bug report forum yesterday, but apparently it's not a problem with Factorio itself.

The basic problem is that when I use marathon with bobs, I find that making bottled petroleum gas has steel beams as its ingredients, not petroleum and empty bottle, as I expect.

When I looked into it, I noticed that marathon (I have 1.1.5, the latest, I think) updates some bobs recipes, including "gas-canister" by doing a Recipe.select('gas-canister'). What I think is happening here, is that it is actually selecting anything which contains "gas-canister" i.e. "petroleum-gas-canister" and modifying that, instead.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure who is responsible for this problem, but I guess the correct fix is to change Recipe.select to do exact matching on the full string only. I don't know who owns Recipe.select, though. Another solution would be to rename "petroleum-gas-canister" to just "petroleum-canister" as that should stop it from matching, if I have guessed the cause of the problem correctly.

ps. credit to redditer /u/CommutatorUmmocrotat for the subject ;)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [14.x][Bug] - Jet fuel is steel beams

Post by bobingabout »

Although I could rename the recipe, I don't particularly like doing that... I usually only use it to fix game breaking errors, so if you look, there's actually quite a few items with Typos in their name that I am fully aware of, but haven't changed them because it doesn't break anything.

Now, if this is a required change, then I may have to go ahead and change it, however, the issue is not in my mod. IE, if "Recipe.select" is erroring, then it isn't my issue, as that isn't my function. So... ask at Marathon Mod's forum. If they suggest I rename my canister, then I will, but probably not until the 0.15 version, I am not actively modding right now.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

"Hi, this other thing is trying to connect to you but they aren't doing it properly so can you fix it?"

Basically my job description at the moment xD
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Guinness2702
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Guinness2702 »

bobingabout wrote:Now, if this is a required change, then I may have to go ahead and change it, however, the issue is not in my mod. IE, if "Recipe.select" is erroring, then it isn't my issue, as that isn't my function. So... ask at Marathon Mod's forum. If they suggest I rename my canister, then I will, but probably not until the 0.15 version, I am not actively modding right now.
I agree, and I wasn't sure if Recipe.select was you or not. I think changing the name is probably the easiest/quickest change all round, unless marathon mod can do something to make the Recipe.select do an exact match .... maybe Recipe.select('^gas-canister$') But I don't know enough about modding to know if that's even possible, and that may not be an option.
bobingabout wrote: I usually only use it to fix game breaking errors
Just to re-iterate, this is pretty much a game breaking error, as it means that I cannot bottle up gas for transporting, which is obviously what I wanted to do when I discovered this. Obviously, not trying to have a go or point fingers here, but it's pretty frustrating. I've basically abandoned that savegame I'm on and I've started a new one, in the hope that it maybe gets fixed at some point by somebody.

Anway, I'm just trying to help and pass on information about a problem I discovered. Thanks for the mod! It's awesome :)

Guinness2702
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Guinness2702 »

Okay, i couldn't find a forum for marathon, but I found the github repo for it, and have added a workaround which just disables the gas-canister update. Needs it to be accepted/merged now though. Who knows if/when that will happen.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Guinness2702 wrote:
bobingabout wrote: I usually only use it to fix game breaking errors
Just to re-iterate, this is pretty much a game breaking error, as it means that I cannot bottle up gas for transporting, which is obviously what I wanted to do when I discovered this.
This is more "Gameplay" breaking than "Game" breaking. By Game breaking, I meant that the game errors on start up and doesn't get to the main menu.... or in the case of scripts, a crash happens causing the current game to end. Something that prevents you from playing the game as a whole when the mod is installed.

If the game is still playable, but doesn't function as intended, that's not game breaking.

Anyway, I'm glad you seem to have found a solution.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Doublespin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Doublespin »

Seems like it interferes with some more recipes.
For example the boxing-2 mod and the steel boxes.
Here you can find the recipe.select
https://github.com/Afforess/Marathon/bl ... recipe.lua
so it is a function from:
https://github.com/Afforess/Factorio-St ... ter/stdlib
Attachments
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (27.51 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
I'm not a native speaker (obviously), so I will appreciate every pm with corrections :)

Return to “Bob's mods”