Include a Saw please.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Include a Saw please.

Post by Bushdoctor »

Hello,
First time playing with Bob's mods and having a lot of fun. Thanks!

I would like to suggest to include a Steel Saw in one of the mod packs. (Cuts wood faster than a steel axe)
This because it takes a long time to reach certain technologies (ie bots) and when you're in a world with heavy forests,
you end up spending half your game time hacking at trees to make space for your machines.

A saw probably exists in another mod, but I feel that it should be standard in Bob's mods because of the long research paths.

Thank you.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Include a Saw please.

Post by bobingabout »

Because of the way the game works... this isn't really possible. Here's why.

Although I could add a saw that cuts down trees faster... Trees are an entity to be "Mined" like everything else, including equipment(like assembling machines and belts) and ores. There is no distinction between what is what in the context of mining it, only "Hardness" and "Mining Time". As such, there is no way to make a saw mine one thing faster than others, so something that mines trees faster, would mine everything else faster too.

There are actually quite a few alternate axes added to the game by my mining mod, though they're all harder to make than a steel axe.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Include a Saw please.

Post by Bushdoctor »

Aha! Thank you for explaining that. That makes a lot of sense.

In the mean time I have indeed unlocked the other better axes and even though they showed up a bit later than I would have wanted,
they're still more than welcome. ..Got a LOT of wood on that darn planet...

Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put into these mods. This all goes way deeper than I thought it would...
I'm actually gaining some chemical knowledge along the way. Who knows, I might end up Breaking Bad. :geek:

Return to “Bob's mods”