Couple of bugs. (solar name and bot placement)

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Couple of bugs. (solar name and bot placement)

Post by Berserker55 »

First, Whenever a vanilla construction or logistic bot is crafted, it goes into inventory. bobs go into hotbar. This also happens with bob constructions bots when they return from a personal roboport trip, which can be annoying.

Secondly, some vehicle strings seem to be borked.
2016-10-07 18_18_01-Factorio 0.14.13.png
2016-10-07 18_18_01-Factorio 0.14.13.png (61.36 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
This is for all vehicle solars.

Additionally, I'd be great if the bob vehicle grid would be extended to FARL, if installed.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Couple of bugs. (solar name and bot placement)

Post by bobingabout »

FARL support wouldn't really be that easy, because every vehicle needs a grid defining to fit it, automatically detecting what grid a unit from someone elses mod should use isn't something you can do dynamically, so you'd have to write in special case entries for all possible mods with vehicles in them.

so... to be specific, adding FARL support wouldn't be too hard, but I won't because then I'd get questions like "Why FARL? Why not X?" etc. I can't make an exception for every mod.

The rest I'll look into though.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

So, for FARL, would it be possible for the farl mod to copy any changes mods made to the vanilla locomotive? If so, I'll bring it up in a thread over there.

Also a small thing I just came upon; power armor mk3 and upwards needs Alien Research (the colored alien vials), But it's not a prerequisite.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

TBH I think that FARL would be worth supporting just due to it's usefulness and popularity.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

The best bet would be someone adding grids into farl and submitting a pull request.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If FARL added a grid, all it needs to do to be compatable with my mod equipemnt is include the equipment types used in my mod, and they'd be compatible.

If FARL added a grid and did not add in my types, again it would be a special case scenario, but it would be a very easy thing for my mod to look for the FARL grid(s) and add my types to it.

Adding types to a grid in another mod is something I would be willing to do. Adding new grids to other people's vehicles is something I would not. Also keep in mind this is my opinion at the current time, and may change.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”