[0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

asw122
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by asw122 »

bobingabout wrote:
FusedShadowX wrote:Hello everyone, so I wanted to make a question which I don't know if it is answered, although I searched for it!
In bobelectronics when plastics are unlocked someone can produce synthetic wood, isn't that right? However, I can't understand why the old classic "wood" recipe is abandoned! I don't know if it is something to balance other recipes or something else.
Just a question! :) Thank you in advance :D
This has been answered many many times. It is an issue I cannot solve caused by an... oversight in the base game. The old wood recipe still exists, and can still be used, you just have to craft them manually. The auto-recipe wants to use the new version, even though it can't be made by hand, even if you have all the materials to make it with the other recipe.
Thanks for the clarification. Just to kind of revisit this, is there a true/false in the config or anything that can disable synthetic wood the same way that you can disable God Modules or Raw Modules? Because I always end up producing way more regular wood than I need but oil tends to be a choke point after a while. Problem is that when I use a /c command to disable the recipe, it disables achievements. I've taken a look in the config mod but can't see one to disable the wood.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

I propose a workaround.
detach synthetic wood from the plastic research and make a separate research entry for synthetic wood. This way, the player could choose not to research synthetic wood at all and would avoid all problems with regards to manually crafting wood related stuff. Something like 20 or so greenhouses seems to produce so much wood that you would never need syntetic wood if not specifically desired.

OkariDraconis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OkariDraconis »

Not sure were to Post this... so doing it here..

I'm trying to figure out how to enable the Pump-Jacks to get water from anywhere (like they used too).
But... I like that I have to find a special resources for the Lithium Water...

I Know there is a config setting to enable pump-jacks get water & lithium water from anywhere, but I would like to just have it get water anywhere since that's actually a little more realistic and honestly convenient with the added complexity of full on bobs mod.
Please review this idea when you get a chance
Swarm Biters (locusts) - The Evolved Response to TurretCreep

5+ years game development experiance

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Unfortunately, the mod in it's current configuration doesn't make allowances for Lithia water to require splotches, but normal water being able to be created in the pump from anywhere.

You could try and modify it yourself, but without having the mod in front of me right now, I wouldn't be able to make sugestions.

The way I wrote it though... Spawning of both types of water are tied to the same tags, so it's very hard to turn on one, but not the other.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

bobingabout wrote:Though I'd like to hear the opinion of a few of my fans too.
Model looks great but I'm not sure if the high-detailed textures translate well into a 2d sprite without becoming a mess.

Aonova
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aonova »

hoho wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Though I'd like to hear the opinion of a few of my fans too.
Model looks great but I'm not sure if the high-detailed textures translate well into a 2d sprite without becoming a mess.
I second this. If feasible, I would recommend churning up a spritesheet prototype based formatted the same (resolution/frames/orientations) as the base mod car and making a small test mod implementing it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Changes:
vehicle equipment 0.14.2:
* Added solar panel equipment locale entries.
* Created plasma explosion entity.

Clock 0.14.1:
* Only update connected players.

Library 0.14.3:
* Fixed a minor bug preventing replace_ingredient_crude from working.

Modules 0.14.1:
* Added Check for and add a limitation_message_key tag if it doesn't exist when adding a module

Logistics 0.14.4:
* Added circuit connector sprite to MK2 chests
* Added padding to the Inserter menu GUI button, it should no longer appear half off the top of the screen.
* Fixed the checkbox style too. (Though the bugged one was using some game default graphics, and it did look nice)
* Added armored train set MK2 with a 10x8 grid.
I also have a Patreon.

Redarmy2535
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Redarmy2535 »

wanted to ask if you ever thought of a mod like this before:

there is a recycling machine that takes unused items and breaks them down into their base materials. I am not skilled with programming, so I wanted to ask if you think that is a possibility for you?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Redarmy2535 wrote:wanted to ask if you ever thought of a mod like this before:

there is a recycling machine that takes unused items and breaks them down into their base materials. I am not skilled with programming, so I wanted to ask if you think that is a possibility for you?
Possibly. It is doable, but there have been many other people making similar mods, that are compatible with other mods including my own, so I've never felt the need to.
I also have a Patreon.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

bobingabout wrote:
Redarmy2535 wrote:wanted to ask if you ever thought of a mod like this before:

Possibly. It is doable, but there have been many other people making similar mods, that are compatible with other mods including my own, so I've never felt the need to.
I've tried a few of them but find it's not worth the bother. Who cares about a couple of plates or a circuit, I can make plenty more. It's more essential I find to have a way to destroy excess.

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pieppiep »

A cheaty way for using those recyclers is making something and taking it apart with 100% return and then adding some productivity modules or even god modules.
I've tryed the recyclers sometimes, but the most I've really recycled are just a few burner miners probably.

Nummy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nummy »

Just installed whole bunch of bob's mods, but I can't get half of the ores spawning up, no matter what I set when I generate new map....
I'm missing:
silver, gold, titanium, aluminium, cobalt, nickel and some other ores.

Usually I get: copper, iron, stone, coal, silica, lead and tin.

Is there any settings I should set to get all ores spawning?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Nummy wrote:Just installed whole bunch of bob's mods, but I can't get half of the ores spawning up, no matter what I set when I generate new map....
I'm missing:

The others will generate outside the spawn area, specially if you are using RSO.

Nummy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nummy »

No not using RSO, just some mod for nuclear reactors which adds uranium ore, weather mod and some mod for bigger/smaller pipes and valves, rest are only bob mods.

Nummy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nummy »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Nummy wrote:Just installed whole bunch of bob's mods, but I can't get half of the ores spawning up, no matter what I set when I generate new map....
I'm missing:

The others will generate outside the spawn area, specially if you are using RSO.
Actually you were right, even without RSO mod all ores spawn outside starting area, so I generated new map and found ores outside starting area... thanks for info!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Basically... The only ores you'll find in the starting area are the ores you need to get started (The ones you mentioned that you found), the rest apear outside of it. This is Partially done as a means to not clutter the starting area (I've seen some map generations where the entire starting area is just pasted with a mix of all ores when I was still tweaking numbers). And of course the other big reason is to give you a reason to explore.
I also have a Patreon.

Syrii
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Syrii »

Just want to start off by saying hello all \o/. New to Modded Factorio and i'm using the mods in this pack here, with a few removed mods. (removed angels Petro, I wouldnt be loosing out because of this would I? The additional liquid processing looked too overwhelming at a glance.)

The mod pack has both your enemies mod and Misanthrope, does this cause conflict? I noticed the EVOgui shows 0% evolution whenever both mods are present. Some input on this would be nice since i started a world with Very dense enemy spawns because i love a challenge. (The worlds 3 hours old now, still getting baby biters)

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Syrii wrote:Just want to start off by saying hello all \o/. New to Modded Factorio and i'm using the mods in this pack here, with a few removed mods. (removed angels Petro, I wouldnt be loosing out because of this would I? The additional liquid processing looked too overwhelming at a glance.)

The mod pack has both your enemies mod and Misanthrope, does this cause conflict? I noticed the EVOgui shows 0% evolution whenever both mods are present. Some input on this would be nice since i started a world with Very dense enemy spawns because i love a challenge. (The worlds 3 hours old now, still getting baby biters)
Using a mod pack like that straight after stock games is going to be very confusing. Removing bits may well cause problems with recipes, the pack maker will only support the entire pack if you run into problems.

If you want an opinion, junk the pack and start again. Just use bobs and rso. Angels stuff is great but the added complexity is massive and building functional setups takes days of play time. Ease yourself into modded games rather then dive in the deep end. If you want biter challenge, add rampant AI. Mixing multiple mods doing the same thing just makes conflicts.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, I think Misanthrope will cause issues with my enemies mod, because it changes the whole enemy scale of the base game, where my mod keeps the original scale.
I also have a Patreon.

Syrii
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Syrii »

Ratzap wrote: Using a mod pack like that straight after stock games is going to be very confusing. Removing bits may well cause problems with recipes, the pack maker will only support the entire pack if you run into problems.

If you want an opinion, junk the pack and start again. Just use bobs and rso. Angels stuff is great but the added complexity is massive and building functional setups takes days of play time. Ease yourself into modded games rather then dive in the deep end. If you want biter challenge, add rampant AI. Mixing multiple mods doing the same thing just makes conflicts.
Thanks for your response, however i'm not new to playing modded games or spending weeks on a world. I know well in advance what was removable and what wasn't. I used the mod pack as a base to see what mods people are really enjoying + the most downloaded List. I kept angels ores + processing because i love indepth ore processing, however gasses and liqiuds have always been a pain to me. Even in hardcore gregtech (If you get that reference)

bobingabout wrote:Yeah, I think Misanthrope will cause issues with my enemies mod, because it changes the whole enemy scale of the base game, where my mod keeps the original scale.
My world is now 6 hours in and the Evolution is at 1.6%. Im getting several waves of attacks so far. (So maybe that part isn't broken?)
I'll just remove misanthrope before i start my new world later today, before i do that is there maybe any testing i could do to see if they maybe are working well with each other? Don't mind returning some results.
So far im getting the smallest size biters still.

EDIT: Seem's pointless to have Misanthrope so i removed it, just read its update note's; *Disabled AI*
Explains why my quick testing showed the AI not changing when using only misanthrope or your mod and both.

Return to “Bob's mods”