[0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

In these cases I use a more comprehensive lane balancer. Split a belt and pick up one lane from each split, then swap one side to the other lane so both belts have items on the same lane only. Run them through another splitter then merge into one belt.

You're basically running the two lanes of the original belt through a splitter so they're consumed equally regardless of draw. Useful if you're sideloading coal or iron or something from a full belt and you want to more evenly draw from your miners.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

In the case of a pickup offset... Well, I'm not entirely sure if you actually can specify one without the game erring on you, but lets for a moment consider the possibility.

Pick up location is currently a centre point of a tile, which covers the whole tile, adding a quarter tile offset, in theory would push the pickup location to be 3/4 of this tile, and 1/4 of the tile next to it. The positions of the items on the "wrong" side of the belt would still be within that 3/4 tile pickup boundary.

The result might be that the inserter will favour picking up items from one side of a belt, but will not stop it picking up from the other.

And this is if the game lets you in the first place, it already errors if you try and specify drop offset locations it doesn't expect. (pretty much anything within the centre quarter of a tile is acceptable, anything outside this area causes the game to error.)

Also, Minor updates:

Modules 0.14.2:
* Reworked migration scripts.

bobrevamp 0.14.2:
* Added productivity filters for new oil processing with Sulphur.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ZabojczyCichacz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ZabojczyCichacz »

Hey guys i have a huge problem with spawn kobaltyt ore in map!! Even when i start new map i didn't saw bar for kobaltyt also for lithia water, but lithia spawn in map. http://imgur.com/a/LAho2

Edit: Ahh okey thanks for help me Mendel
Last edited by ZabojczyCichacz on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

Advanced copper processing recipe has cobalt-oxide as a by-product.

see https://youtu.be/-EI2jGpk__A?t=951 for a tutorial of sorts

Mr.YaR
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mr.YaR »

Hello!

After disabling bob's ores + bob's plates me and 2 other players get all different error(i get glass, other gets steel ID troubles) messages.

We wished to use bob's mods without ores additions, is it possible?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The mods are designed to allow you to install whichever parts you want to. Keep in mind though that some 3rd party mods for my mods, such as angels mods only work with the full package installed.

I hope this helps.
I also have a Patreon.

Mr.YaR
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mr.YaR »

Than you for your fast answer.

The best we could do is keeping everything but Bobores + disabling ores in bobconfig = the game launches
BUT additionnal ore requirements still present in tech tree = unplayable.

Removing bob plates still does crash the game. Would some log file help finding the issue?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It probably would. At the very least I could tell you why it's crashing.
I also have a Patreon.

Jockel380
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jockel380 »

Hello Bob!

Thank you for your fantastic Mod. I´ve made a translation (english to german) for bobplates 0.14 but I don´t know how to edit it in your mod. What possibilities do I have? Send you the txt-file?
The meaning of life? I don´t know- I only know that it makes no sense to be the richest man in the cemetery (Sir Peter Ustinov)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Jockel380 wrote:I´ve made a translation (english to german)
All translations are handled by the 3rd party Translations mod: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17367

The main reason why it is handled in the way is because only I can update my own mods. when there were a lot of translations starting to be added and edited quite often, it was more than I could keep up with, and every small change required a full new update to the mods. The result was the idea to centralise a translation in it's own mod.

However, there was an issue, older translations that existed in my mods were overiting those in the translations mod. So translations were removed from my mods to be controlled entirely by this 3rd party mod.
I also have a Patreon.

Jockel380
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jockel380 »

Hello Bobingabout!

Thank you for your very fast answer. Sorry, I´d made a mistake, cause I don´t download every part of your mod. Now I´ve got the german translation. I understand your problem with own update your mod. Keep it up und greets...
The meaning of life? I don´t know- I only know that it makes no sense to be the richest man in the cemetery (Sir Peter Ustinov)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Jockel380 wrote:Now I´ve got the german translation. I understand your problem with own update your mod. Keep it up und greets...
Enjoy! :)
I also have a Patreon.

Acouya
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Acouya »

Not too sure where to post this but I have discovered a bit of an oversight in regards to locomotives, the curved rails recipe doesn't unlock when I research it, also the water bores don't have the recipe to produce water.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Acouya wrote:Not too sure where to post this but I have discovered a bit of an oversight in regards to locomotives, the curved rails recipe doesn't unlock when I research it, also the water bores don't have the recipe to produce water.
not sure, what you mean by curved rail.
there is no recipe for curved rail afaik. you just start laying rails and drag curve.

and water bore doesn't need water recip, since it only produces water, so you splap bore and water source, and it produces water, like oil pump, produces oil.

Acouya
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Acouya »

mexmer wrote:
Acouya wrote:Not too sure where to post this but I have discovered a bit of an oversight in regards to locomotives, the curved rails recipe doesn't unlock when I research it, also the water bores don't have the recipe to produce water.
not sure, what you mean by curved rail.
there is no recipe for curved rail afaik. you just start laying rails and drag curve.

and water bore doesn't need water recipe, since it only produces water, so you splap bore and water source, and it produces water, like oil pump, produces oil.
It has been while since I played, there used to be a curved rail that you had to make for turns, and the water pumpjack goes over the water sources like oil, the bore is supposed to be different last I checked.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Curved rail has been changed to be placed with the rail planner. hover over a piece of rail with a rail in your hand and you will get arrows you can click on and drag rails around. This is a base game change.

Bob changed the pumps to no longer pump from anywhere. Now you have to place water miners on water patches (they look like oil just bluer), and the water bore pumps are used for barreling/unbarreling fluids

Acouya
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Acouya »

Nexela wrote:Curved rail has been changed to be placed with the rail planner. hover over a piece of rail with a rail in your hand and you will get arrows you can click on and drag rails around. This is a base game change.

Bob changed the pumps to no longer pump from anywhere. Now you have to place water miners on water patches (they look like oil just bluer), and the water bore pumps are used for barreling/unbarreling fluids
Thanks, I have figured all that out not long after my second message by messing around with the game. ^~^

Kaio_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kaio_ »

how does one use the plasma turret under vehicle equipment? I have one sitting my tank along with a fusion reactor for power, and I have no idea how it's supposed to fire? does it require some sort of ammo?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Just drive by some enemies and it should fire automatically.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Not actually sure what mod Gems comes under but I have a weird problem.

If I do a belt loop and side load gems onto it, the loop stops (using blue belts, not sure it matters). I tried to circumvent it by using the circuit network, limit the input to the belts so they don't fill up, however belts don't appear to send raw gems to the circuit network??? nvm, it was set to Pulse by default ._.

EDIT: Here is my setup:
Gemstones
While we're at it what is the gem sorting for? I'm mining gemstones and it's directly giving me the raw gems, not Unsorted Gemstone Ore.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Bob's mods”