"Clock" Bug? Clicking the clock ingame causes error.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Tysdal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

"Clock" Bug? Clicking the clock ingame causes error.

Post by Tysdal »

Hello,

Im quite new to the game and i dont know coding, so the problem might be something ive messed up myself, but ive tried disabling all the mods one by one so that i know another mod is not the culprit for the error.
(Other mods I believe are supposedly compatible with Bobsmods, will list them in the bottom of this post. Easier)

Game launched and a new game started just fine, but as i was running around to choose a starting point i just HAD to click the "clock" (bobs clock mod) and see if there was options or something that would pop-up.

However, clicking it gives and error message and closes the current game, sending me back to the main menu.

Error message: "Error while running the event handler: __bobinserters__/control.lua:214: attempt to index field 'bobmods' (a nil value)"

Im using ALL your mods i believe (i went the lazy way and downloaded all through your dropbox, simply unzipping this in my mods folder.

This is not a big problem at all, (except for loosing game progress between autosaves if it happens to others before they are aware),so the reason i didnt just disable the clock was me fearing the problem being something other then the clock further down the line.

For now im just disabling the clock and will enjoy this new game experience and prob hate you alot when i try to plan the layout of my AESTHETIC base. Thank you SO much.(Really, love when there are people like you keeping great games like Factorio so much fun after mastering the base game. Thank you very much!)

Mods used other then Bobsmods:
Angels Processing
Angels Refining
Angels Infinite ores
Resource Spawner Overhaul
Rail Tanker (Is such a feature included in bobs?)
Warehousing mod
Bio Industries (I disabled your wood mod in favour of this. Simply for the Bio mods aesthetics.)
Factorio Reach
Smart Splitters (Again, in bobs?)
Squeak Through
Distance Plus
(When did it become so many?!)

Also, i did indeed disable all those and start a fresh new game with ONLY your mods installed, with the problem still there.
All hail boob mods...no. All hail Bobs mods!

Tysdal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: "Clock" Bug? Clicking the clock ingame causes error.

Post by Tysdal »

You are not allowed to post URLs in your first post on this forum!

eh....

That really made me "meh.." considering i ended the post with "yeay, I mastered using URL chat command thingies! Banzai!"

Anyways, it was for the mods mainly. Here you go:

Angels Processing
Angels Refining
Angels Infinite ores
Resource Spawner Overhaul
Rail Tanker (Is such a feature included in bobs?)
Warehousing mod
Bio Industries (I disabled your wood mod in favour of this. Simply for the Bio mods aesthetics.)
Factorio Reach
Smart Splitters (Again, in bobs?)
Squeak Through
Distance Plus

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Congratulations on being the first to find a bug in my brand new bobinserters mod!

Something tells me it would be a problem for pretty much any custom GUI, bobinserter's captures the click event, and attempts to access information that hasn't been created yet.

if you shift+click an inserter to bring up the bobinserters GUI, then the information is created, and any clicks elsewhere (in this case, the clock) don't cause any errors anymore.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Tysdal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tysdal »

Thank you.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I've made a note on what causes the error, and will fix "soon". I'm too tired to re-write code right now.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”