Whats the code for Cobaltite ores

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

jackf511
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Whats the code for Cobaltite ores

Post by jackf511 »

I need to find Cobaltite ores but I cant find them. Can some one please tell me the code to spawn them manualy

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Whats the code for Cobaltite ores

Post by Nexela »

Cobaltite Ore is disabled by default the recommended way to get cobalt oxide is to use the advanced copper plate recipe. and since there are already a million things to mine in bob's mods why add another when you can just use this recipe and get copper plate AND cobalt oxide from it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Exactly, you CAN turn on cobalt ore if you want in the config mod, but the defaults give you the bare minimum ores that you NEED. Since cobalt (in this case cobalt oxide, which is the lowest tier of cobalt you actually need) can be obtained via other means, then you don't NEED the ore, and therefore it is disabled by default.
The advanced copper smelting recipe is unlocked via cobalt processing research, this should be a clue, I mean, if you actually paid attention, the first thought would be "Why is cobalt processing unlocking a copper plate recipe?" which prompts hovering over it, and noticing it gives a cobalt product, the same cobalt product as smelting cobalt ore.

Also to note, Cobalt oxide powder actually IS NOT BLUE!!! It's a black powder! Cobalt is used to make a blue powder used in dies known as "cobalt blue", which is what the icon actually is a picture of. The reason why I used that is because of the association between cobalt and the colour blue, so that the image of a blue powder prompts you to think of the cobalt association, which should make it easier to identify by apearance. Likewise, cobalt metal itself is actually a metalic silver, just like most other metals! But again, Blue, because of the association between cobalt and the colour blue.

So if cobalt is silver, and cobalt oxide is black, what colour is the actual ore?
Well, it actually CAN be blue, but is most common in a dull yellowey goldish colour, but can be redish or brown too... but again, I made it blue, because we associate cobalt with blue!
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

That does mean that you can't actually make cobalt until blue science. Is there anyway that the copper/cobalt recipe can be moved into non-electronic furnaces?

Return to “Bob's mods”